Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coastal Carolina Improving...

Started by twistitup, October 27, 2017, 10:52:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogPharmer

Quote from: Bob Slydell on October 28, 2017, 12:51:11 am
Beating Coastal by a smaller margin that AState would almost be a loss in some minds.

We've already lost based on the 2012 loss to ULM... An unexcusable loss by the Razorbacks, no doubt. But a loss the ASU fan base likes to brag about considering they beat the "same team" that we lost to later that year. Despite the fact that ULM team was beaten down with injuries by the time ASU played them that year.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

MTBrookHog

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on October 27, 2017, 02:16:10 pm
Remind me again how playing Astate would be beneficial in our current situation?
It wouldn't, especially when they would beat us.

rzrbkman

Coastal Carolina lost 27-7 to 2-6 Texas St. today.

Appalachian St. lost to 2-6 Massachusetts today.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

New Mexico State just loss at home 37-21 to the other FBS team in the state.

Bonehog

I'm am not convinced ASU wouldn't hang 50 on us. Don't be drawn into the BS that it would hurt recruitment for both. If ASU should beat us in any years it would be a huge disastrous season no matter what other games we won. UofA has nothing to gain at all!
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

MTBrookHog

Quote from: Bonehog on October 28, 2017, 11:37:01 pm
I'm am not convinced ASU wouldn't hang 50 on us. Don't be drawn into the BS that it would hurt recruitment for both. If ASU should beat us in any years it would be a huge disastrous season no matter what other games we won. UofA has nothing to gain at all!
Once again, please tell me what we gain by playing Coastal Carolina and New Mexico St.

Bonehog

A sure win so to speak. Should they beat us it would hurt but most fans would forget, not the fans on here, but most. If we lost to ASU it would never be forgotten because East and South AR fans would never let it go. Not sure if you have ever lived in Central, East or South AR but they don't like NWA fans as a whole. Some in those areas feel NWA fans are uptight A holes. I have lived in both and don't agree with this because I have seen first hand but that's a short version in my opinion.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

rzrbkman

Quote from: Poop Hoggy Hogg on October 28, 2017, 11:22:13 pm
New Mexico State just loss at home 37-21 to the other FBS team in the state.

Arkansas st. trailed  21-17 early in the 4th quarter before their comeback.

WaltonCollege

If we lose to Coastal Carolina I'm burning the two degrees I have from this place and becoming a bandwagon bama fan.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 29, 2017, 08:56:51 am
If we lose to Coastal Carolina I'm burning the two degrees I have from this place and becoming a bandwagon bama fan.

Lol, sounds like you'd fit right in!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Cinco de Hogo

Homecoming,

Alabama vs Arkansas

Arkansas vs Coastal Carolina.

Hoggish1

Quote from: MTBrookHog on October 27, 2017, 11:27:54 am
I would rather play Ark. State. Remind me again how we benefit from playing Coastal Carolina.

It's why all SEC teams have such games.  Think about it some—maybe you will stumble across the answer (blind Squirrel and acorn).

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 29, 2017, 09:36:06 am
It's why all SEC teams have such games.  Think about it some—maybe you will stumble across the answer (blind Squirrel and acorn).

Read my post above yours and think about it.  Is that the difference between Alabama and Arkansas you are willing to accept?  Blind squirrels and acorns aside.

MTBrookHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 29, 2017, 09:36:06 am
Funny how Ole Miss and Auburn play ASU. Just admit you are scared to play ASU because we may lose.

rzrbkman

Quote from: MTBrookHog on October 28, 2017, 11:46:55 pm
Once again, please tell me what we gain by playing Coastal Carolina and New Mexico St.

The  same thing Alabama and Auburn both get by playing Mercer this year. An opponent that will not require a return home game.

san1981

Dropkick

Quote from: MTBrookHog on October 27, 2017, 11:27:54 am
I would rather play Ark. State. Remind me again how we benefit from playing Coastal Carolina.
Because it is an easier win than a P5 and Coastal and/or NM St would not treat it like their super bowl.

j-mann

Quote from: gchamblee on October 27, 2017, 11:54:25 am
The ASU fans are shitbags that would infest this board like fleas and be intolerable regardless of how badly we beat them. Coastal fans will not be an issue. That's my reason. I have literally never seen an ASU fan post here that I can stomach.
u are the man    +1000000000000000000000000000
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

shown006

Hogs open as a 24.5 favorite at home against Coastal Carolina.  Could be a competitive game.
WPS!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BigoBoys

Quote from: twistitup on October 27, 2017, 10:52:24 am
They went toe to toe w Sun Belt Champion App State last week...they lost but were very competitive 37-29 final score

We will see another good QB:

"Senior quarterback Tyler Keane played the entire game and completed 17 of 29 passes for 332 yards and two touchdowns, while sophomore Ky'Jon Tyler had five receptions for 141 yards and a TD."

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article180249386.html

The Myrtle Beach area is starting to see some quality football - I hope we show up prepared for battle next Saturday because CC is not scared. Both teams have coaches who think "they are close" - we will see on Homecoming who is close to what.

They have won one game, and that was Labor Day weekend. 

twistitup

WaltonCollege

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 27, 2017, 11:55:59 am
Improving sounds accurate. Coastal sounding like another New Mexico State type team. NMS torched us in the air, but didn't bring much of a running game, which could have made them problematic. CC started the season like they would rather run the ball, and did it well against UMASS and UAB. If running doesn't work, they are willing to air it out. They have thrown passes in the last 5 games exceeding 45 yards, with pass yardage totals as high as as 329 against ULM. We win, but they could make us look bad doing it.

Well, we won, and they indeed made us look bad doing it.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

twistitup

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 05, 2017, 07:04:18 am

I got clowned for saying this- but it wasn't hard to predict. CC was trending up and we are treading water trying not to sink

HardCore

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 05, 2017, 07:04:18 am

This team could make Peanut Adams look like Tom Brady
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

birmingHAMette

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 27, 2017, 11:22:30 am
Yes, and New Mexico State had an "NFL quarterback!"...until he threw six interceptions against Appalachian State the very next week after our game.

This "contest" is like going hunting for a newborn fawn, in a cage, with a bazooka.  There is only one way it can turn out, but then again that was the point of it when it was scheduled.

Bambi was the one with the bazooka.
Go Hogs

twistitup

Quote from: Bob Slydell on October 28, 2017, 12:51:11 am
Beating Coastal by a smaller margin that AState would almost be a loss in some minds.