Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Its not the Jimmys and Joes

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, November 04, 2017, 06:00:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

When you're losing at home to a 1-7 team that just reached FBS level, the problem isn't talent, its coaching. Simple as that. Where are the adjustments on defense? Where is the run game on offense? These kids havent let us down, the coaches have
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 04, 2017, 06:00:42 pm
When you're losing at home to a 1-7 team that just reached FBS level, the problem isn't talent, its coaching. Simple as that. Where are the adjustments on defense? Where is the run game on offense? These kids havent let us down, the coaches have

Where is all the Arkansas doesn't have the talent posters.

Sooie71923

Players are on the field. They have to make the play. The players have to beat the person in front of them. They are not. Coaching matters 100% but, if a player is getting beat there isn't any coaching that is going to give him super powers to not get beat.  It's up to the player to execute.

Players make plays.

Hawginj

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 04, 2017, 06:04:07 pm
Players are on the field. They have to make the play. The players have to beat the person in front of them. They are not. Coaching matters 100% but, if a player is getting beat there isn't any coaching that is going to give him super powers to not get beat.  It's up to the player to execute.

Players make plays.
It's up to the coaches to have the players ready! Prepare them physically and mentally to play the game its easy to see thats not being done.

Vantage 8 dude

Players make plays.
True, however, at times the players reflect the coaching and culture that's been instilled. Unfortunately we have neither when it comes to winning. We certainly have more than enough talent to beat this team, however, we don't have the desire or the effort. CC does, and that's what really hurts!!

Jimbob111

It was NEVER the jimmys and the joes. anyone who thought that is an idiot. Do other programs have more talent? Sure. But the problems with this team went FAR beyond the players on the field. These players were 7-9 win season type players since Bielema's 2nd year.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 04, 2017, 06:02:15 pm
Ive been saying for months that we do, it just hasnt been utilized since petrino was here. No im not a petrino fan, but he proved that the talent is here
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

DeltaBoy

This reminds me of Unholy Toledo!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rwspear

we have the players but bb isnt smart enough to use the right ones. see hammonds

BrianG

Sorry no talent either.  Should be running away from this team even with bad coaching with the players we as a SEC should be getting.  The problem is deeper than coaching.  BTW the coaches are lousy too.  1-7 SBC team transitioning to FBS who Ark. State had to call off the dogs to keep from beating worse than 51-17.  There players need to transfer to the Great American Conf.  For you that don't  know a D2 league.

jgcat4

We have some decent football players. Are they Alabama caliber? No. You're stupid if you ever think we'll compete with them on a regular basis as long as Saban is there. However we do have some talent. These guys are decent. Hell, some of them are good. You can coach a kid down just as fast as you can coach him up. On a side note, Kelley has looked more like an actual qb tonight to me. I love that guy.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Jimbob111

Quote from: BrianG on November 04, 2017, 06:20:28 pm
Sorry no talent either.  Should be running away from this team even with bad coaching with the players we as a SEC should be getting.  The problem is deeper than coaching.  BTW the coaches are lousy too.  1-7 SBC team transitioning to FBS who Ark. State had to call off the dogs to keep from beating worse than 51-17.  There players need to transfer to the Great American Conf.  For you that don't  know a D2 league.

The players can't overcome such horrendous coaching. Can you imagine playing for this idiot? The players get online, they have twitter, they know what the world thinks about their coach and now they are starting to realize they've been misled.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Sooie71923

I see our players getting physically beat on most plays. Stop blaming the coaching for the players getting beat 1 on 1.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 04, 2017, 09:20:50 pm
I see our players getting physically beat on most plays. Stop blaming the coaching for the players getting beat 1 on 1.

It's coaching. It all goes back to the incompetent coaching.

atom hog

The players don't have a lot of "want-to" because they see what their coach gets away with. They are Charmin soft mentally and physically. Look at any game on TV tonight. Our Jimmys and Joes look like clueless high schoolers. This is Year 5!

Bubba's Bruisers

No doubt it's coaching first, but we also don't have a lot of SEC talented Jimmie or joes.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

STLhawg

I agree with OP.  It should be abundantly clear now that the Razorback' s biggest problem is the almost completely clueless coaching staff!  Our kids deserve a lot better than they are getting.

Al Boarland

Right here. We lose due to coaching to equal or lesser teams. We would still lose be more talented teams with equal coaching. 

cypert2

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 04, 2017, 09:29:39 pm
No doubt it's coaching first, but we also don't have a lot of SEC talented Jimmie or joes.
True.   The coaching is obviously not very good, but the recruiting has been even worse. I doubt we have a single player that would make second string at Alabama.
Swinging on the two and the four.

GoHogs1091

There is some talent on this team, provided they are played in the correct positions and provided they are even allowed on the field.

A big part of the problem is atrocious assistant coaching of position groups.

Another big part of the problem is inadequate Strength and Conditioning.  Herbert is an overrated wannabe SEC S&C Coach.

code red

I am here to say we do not have SEC talent....period.  We look slower this season than we did CBB first year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 04, 2017, 11:26:06 pm
There is some talent on this team, provided they are played in the correct positions and provided they are even allowed on the field.

A big part of the problem is atrocious assistant coaching of position groups.

Another big part of the problem is inadequate Strength and Conditioning.  Herbert is an overrated wannabe SEC S&C Coach.

I would also agree.  Our kids do not look thick by any means.  Our best looking athlete transferred from USC-E
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: cypert2 on November 04, 2017, 11:22:45 pm
True.   The coaching is obviously not very good, but the recruiting has been even worse. I doubt we have a single player that would make second string at Alabama.

Recruiting getting worse is a myth.
Our recruiting has been consistently ranked in the 20's all the way back to 2000 with only a few exceptions.
Those exceptions being 2000 where we ranked 16th and 2001 where we ranked 9th and a few years of bad recruiting where we ranked in the 40's.

source is https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2017-Football/Commits
You can check the recruiting class ranking for every year dating back to 2000.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: code red on November 04, 2017, 11:27:14 pm
I am here to say we do not have SEC talent....period.  We look slower this season than we did CBB first year.

We don't have a D-1 head coach.

bondhue

Petrino recruited them, it's his fault.  Or HDN, or Jack Crowe.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

code red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 04, 2017, 11:36:43 pm
We don't have a D-1 head coach.
That as well.  Our talent is lacking big time.  Watch our LB.  And one in particular has never shucked a block his entire career and used the top of his pad to tackle.  He has caught folks his entire career and been praised for it.  Bret is reaping what he sowed. 

bondhue

Quote from: code red on November 04, 2017, 11:28:51 pm
I would also agree.  Our kids do not look thick by any means.  Our best looking athlete transferred from USC-E
Well, our coach looks thick.  Maybe they could go on his diet.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

TX HOG

We consistently recruit top 25 but can barely beat CC

Coastal Carolina finished like #125 in the country as far a recruiting rankings. Is the gap between #27 and #126 that small?

code red

Quote from: TX HOG on November 04, 2017, 11:52:57 pm
We consistently recruit top 25 but can barely beat CC
That maybe.  But.  You got to ask yourself.  Why aren't they on the field?  None of he JR College kids have really worked out....maybe Tretolla being the exception.  CBB has swung and missed plenty.

TX HOG

Quote from: code red on November 04, 2017, 11:56:28 pm
That maybe.  But.  You got to ask yourself.  Why aren't they on the field?  None of he JR College kids have really worked out....maybe Tretolla being the exception.  CBB has swung and missed plenty.

They were highly recruited for a reason...they're talented. Maybe the player development is sub par??

bennyl08

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 04, 2017, 06:16:54 pm
This reminds me of Unholy Toledo!

Toledo was a team that went on to win at least 10 games that season.

That was a game we flat out dominated, but where we shot ourselves in the foot at some bad times that led to us losing.

Coastal Carolina was not a good team. This wasn't a game that we dominated and let them stay in the game by some ill timed mistakes. This was a game where that other team earned the closeness of the game.

For those reasons, this is actually a much worse showing by the hogs than the Toledo game. Having said that, we lost the Toledo game and we won this game, and for that, we should all be glad.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

TX HOG

Coastal Carolina....COASTAL CAROLINA came into Fayetteville and almost beat the University of Arkansas Razorbacks. What??? Ridiculous

1highhog

Players make plays.

We are talent poor in several key areas, those areas are extremely important though.  Oline,  LB's, a better and deeper WR corp, improved play and deeper pool of talent on the Dline.   Fix all of that and we might win one more game than what we've won so far, the rest of this train wreck is on the coaches.

Gonzo

Players are on the field. They have to make the play. The players have to beat the person in front of them. They are not. Coaching matters 100% but, if a player is getting beat there isn’t any coaching that is going to give him super powers to not get beat.  It’s up to the player to execute.

Players make plays.

Might be the funniest damn thing I've seen this week. Coaching matters, a lot, and this staff is a complete failure. There simply is no room to excuse this crap anymore. Time for a change.

Go Hogs!

St. Hogustine

I totally agree.  It's the recruiters.  And the trainers.  And whoever those guys are who are working with them on fundamentals.  Those folks need to be held accountable- the coaches get a pass.

Oh, and the playcallers are questionable as well.

1highhog

Quote from: St. Hogustine on November 05, 2017, 12:17:09 am
I totally agree.  It's the recruiters.  And the trainers.  And whoever those guys are who are working with them on fundamentals.  Those folks need to be held accountable- the coaches get a pass.

Oh, and the playcallers are questionable as well.

Who calls plays, recruits, works on those fundamentals Einstein, coaches!!!

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: 1highhog on November 05, 2017, 12:30:55 am
Who calls plays, recruits, wrks on those fundamentals Einstein, coaches!!!

Calm down a bit and check post history.
Not many posts and a lot of them have been basketball posts.

Clearly clueless about football.
Just one of those people who chime in on something they don't have a clue about while the rest of us laugh at them.

Hogvillage Idiot

This staff coaches poorly and they also recruit poorly.  Does it really matter which aspect they are the poorest in?
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Rzbakfromwaybak

We definitely have some good players....we just don't have enough of them.  All this goes back to the coaching.  They do the recruiting, & they do the coaching.  If one or both of these are not up to standards....the results show on the field.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

bennyl08

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 05, 2017, 12:39:02 am
This staff coaches poorly and they also recruit poorly.  Does it really matter which aspect they are the poorest in?

I'd say it matters for the new coach we'll have next year.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

dpetty121263

Quote from: bennyl08 on November 05, 2017, 01:56:37 am
I'd say it matters for the new coach we'll have next year.
This situation has been a on-going problem on the Hill for a long time..and a change of coaching will smooth over the obvious problems  to some degree but not a cure to the illness.

bennyl08

Quote from: dpetty121263 on November 05, 2017, 01:00:05 am
This situation has been a on-going problem on the Hill for a long time..and a change of coaching will smooth over the obvious problems  to some degree but not a cure to the illness.

Disagree. We have the Jimmy's and Joes right now to be a 9-10 win team. Everything below that has been on the coaches and the mentality of the team which is also from the coaches.

Torqued pork

It must be nice to make 4 mil a year and not be held accountable for such poor results against even the weakest competition.  Who wouldn't want such a job?

Matt Burks

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 05, 2017, 01:08:25 am
You are kidding right?  I have had command after command where I took over the worst unit in the organization and time after time I improved their level of proficiency to the best unit level!  I have had subordinate after subordinate to do the same!  People take on the personality of their leader in EVERY organization!  Leader suck, followers suck!  That's a proven fact!  Go check out a few leadership self help books!
During Florida's press conference after the Mizzu loss, Randy Shannon had an interesting quote when asked if his players are checking out. He said he doesn't worry that the players are checking out, but, "Now if you check out as a coach, then that will go down to your players."

Could it be that a reason why the Hogs have played so poorly lately is that the assistant coaches have "checked out"?

31to6

Not so fast...

Coastal Carolina has a much richer recruiting territory than Arkansas--only a couple of hours from football factories Charlotte and Wilmington.

No surprise that they have more talent on their roster, being right in a hotbed of SEC-caliber talent and Myrtle Beach is a lot easier to sell to recruits than Beaver Lake.

That's the only possible answer when they are able to put in a backup QB and not even skip a beat. Depth on both sides of the ball!

Matt Burks

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 05, 2017, 01:42:46 am
BINGO!  And why has the assistant coaches checked out?  Because the Belly Monster has checked out and is allowing it!  Some of the assistants will land on their feet and be elsewhere next season.  Some will be at NAIA or FCS level.  Belly Monster will be doing commentary somewhere on TV and the new Head Hog will lock up 8 wins next season!  Then I want to see all the folks complaining about Jimmies and Joes explain that!
We have good players, they just aren't being coached at all it seems. Maybe the coaches are too busy trying to figure out where they will live next year?