Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those that love to spin the Toledo loss

Started by hogblitz, October 04, 2017, 10:12:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogblitz on October 04, 2017, 10:12:25 am
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/10-worst-non-conference-sec-losses-past-five-years/

Here is an objective view from someone not trying to protect a coach.

It was a bad loss. Who is trying to spin it?

That was two years ago, move on.

hogblitz

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 04, 2017, 10:13:32 am

Many on here always try to justify the loss.

RME

SDZ_Hog

Not trying to make excuses but it was a 10-2 team that had a guy at running back who leads the NFL in rushing yards

hogblitz

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 04, 2017, 10:13:32 am

It would be easy to move on if things were where they should be in Year 5.  Many of the same issues are still running rampant. 

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on October 04, 2017, 10:21:25 am
Not trying to make excuses but it was a 10-2 team that had a guy at running back who leads the NFL in rushing yards
If I recall correctly, Hunt didn't play against us. It was a bad loss any way you want to cut it.

Atlhogfan1

No problem with Hogs' loss being on list as it was a bad loss obviously.  But Toledo was a better opponent than Temple 2014, The Citadel 2015 and Ga Southern 2013. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

311Hog

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on October 04, 2017, 10:21:25 am

^ this

that article was anything but "deep".  the toledo QB was a former Alabama player as well.

We were not worthy of being ranked, i was at the game the crowd was terrible, ppl shot their mouth off about Ohio before the game, so much of that game was awful, but Toledo was a solid team, a good team even.

I agree the loss was a bad loss but not because of Toledo.

DeltaBoy

We did not lose those kind of games under Lou or Hatfield.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.