Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What more do you want from Coach Mike Anderson?

Started by smb, February 28, 2014, 08:01:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

smb

He knows his hogs are playing good right now. And it dosen't matter how you win just as long as you win. I mean it dosen't have to be pretty and what coach would put a guy in off the bench to have a chance to make free throws and seal the game but the 100 % free throws for this team is pretty good. I mean no matter what the statisics say the scoreboard says Hogs won. As much as everyone wants to celebrate the Kentucky win they have to play a decent Georgia team that could wipe out all the Kentucky celebration. But if you noticed in all the interviews that coach MA gave he said yea this is nice win but we need to stay focus and right on to the next game. I would say that Coach Mike Anderson has the hogs on the right path.
GeorgiaHOG

popcornhog

I support Mike 100%.

But to play devil's advocate here, a win at A&M was a must. We have some pretty bad losses.

No doubt we're trending the right way though.
WPS

hoglady

Anyone complaining about MA after the way this team has turned it around - just has an ax to grind.
This team early in SEC play just hadn't learned how to win the close the games, it appears now they have.
This is the best TEAM we've had in a decade.
Fans should be thrilled with the direction of this basketball program.
We are on the verge of being relevant again.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: popcornhog on February 28, 2014, 08:04:58 am
I support Mike 100%.

But to play devil's advocate here, a win at A&M was a must. We have some pretty bad losses.

We did have some bad losses, but look at the turn around.
This team after all the close losses could have easily mailed it in for the year, but they didn't.
And now they have a shot to make the tourney.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

popcornhog

Quote from: hoglady on February 28, 2014, 08:07:08 am
Anyone complaining about MA after the way this team has turned it around - just has an ax to grind.
This team early in SEC play just hadn't learned how to win the close the games, it appears now they have.
This is the best TEAM we've had in a decade.
Fans should be thrilled with the direction of this basketball program.
We are on the verge of being relevant again.

I disagree, slightly. There are absolutely areas of improvement to complain about. Giving up offensive boards, sloppy passes, lack of interior size.

But, yeah, anyone who thinks he's not the guy to lead us right now or that we aren't improving is either clueless or trolling.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: hoglady on February 28, 2014, 08:09:22 am
We did have some bad losses, but look at the turn around.
This team after all the close losses could have easily mailed it in for the year, but they didn't.
And now they have a shot to make the tourney.

You miss my point, I'm thrilled with the turnaround.

I'm just saying that pretending everything is sunshine and roses is just as absurd as believing Mike should be fired. The truth is in the middle.
WPS

hoglady

Quote from: popcornhog on February 28, 2014, 08:09:46 am
I disagree, slightly. There are absolutely areas of improvement to complain about. Giving up offensive boards, sloppy passes, lack of interior size.

But, yeah, anyone who thinks he's not the guy to lead us right now or that we aren't improving is either clueless or trolling.

Of course we need to improve.
We need some more ball handlers.
I cringed every time Harris dribbled the ball or the ball was passed to Bell late in the game.
But we are headed in the right direction.
MA seems to have control of these guys and that's a huge step in the right direction. The entire program seemed so out of control under Pelphrey.

hoglady

Quote from: popcornhog on February 28, 2014, 08:11:05 am
You miss my point, I'm thrilled with the turnaround.

I'm just saying that pretending everything is sunshine and roses is just as absurd as believing Mike should be fired. The truth is in the middle.

We have a long way to go.
I know that.
But considering how horrible we've been for so long - this team looks pretty good.
I actually look forward to a Hog basketball now for the first time in many years.

popcornhog

Quote from: hoglady on February 28, 2014, 08:16:13 am
We have a long way to go.
I know that.
But considering how horrible we've been for so long - this team looks pretty good.
I actually look forward to a Hog basketball now for the first time in many years.

Agreed.
WPS

PorkRinds

Anderson pretty much bought his practice facility last night.  This will not only open up recruiting by beating KY on national TV, it will open up the wallets of the big donors that now see hope in the program.  This could be the biggest win the program has had since the national title. 

deshahawg

To actually do something in the tournament.....that what more I want from him. How could Razorback fans not want more? We haven't even sniffed the tournament.

The_Iceman

To carry this momentum into next year. No more 2-6 starts.

hview

Coach Anderson has had to remold this team. They've faced adversity. There have been some bad losses. Past Hog teams would have folded. This team has a determination about them that's a reflection of their coach. At times MA has had to suspend players to get their attention. They've finally begun to realize what it takes to win on the road. The mentality, determination and toughness of this team showed toward the end of the game. It's something I've not seen in a long time. They took the fight to Kentucky. There is still improvement to be made. Madden, despite being perfect from the FT line had some terrible turn overs.  He didn't play his best game. I'm still proud of him and this team.  Mike will recruit better talent and future teams will be an improvement on this team. Yet, this team will leave their mark.  That's a reflection on the type Coach we have. Glad we have him.

Dirty

Quote from: deshahawg on February 28, 2014, 08:30:22 am
To actually do something in the tournament.....that what more I want from him. How could Razorback fans not want more? We haven't even sniffed the tournament.

To get to the tournament you have to win games like this. 

RazorPiggie

I'd still like to get a good recruiter on staff.

yocdaddy

February 28, 2014, 08:44:38 am #15 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:30:39 am by yocdaddy
I'll eat crow.  This ending is far better than it looked a month ago.  Just think about how different things would be though had we not given away 3-4 wins.  We legitimately could be 22-6 or 23-5 right now.  Florida, at Georgia, Mizzou, at Tennessee....
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

hogfan10

Quote from: hoglady on February 28, 2014, 08:14:16 am
Of course we need to improve.
We need some more ball handlers.
I cringed every time Harris dribbled the ball or the ball was passed to Bell late in the game.
But we are headed in the right direction.
MA seems to have control of these guys and that's a huge step in the right direction. The entire program seemed so out of control under Pelphrey.

If there was something to gripe about, concerning last night's game. The fact that we had Bell in the game in the final minutes would be my concern. I understood Harris being in (although I wish he would stop trying to be a guard when he has the ball), he was playing some good defense. I think he got the block forcing OT.
But, Bell was very sketchy with the ball late, and we didn't need his 3 point abilities (we were ahead on the scoreboard), and he doesn't offer much on the defensive end. We had 3 time outs in the last minute, why wasn't he replaced with Gulley or Wade. Bell had one TO late, and almost a second one before burning our last time out.

High Octane Hog

I don't need anything more from CMA, he has proved he knows what he is doing and why he was brought here. Best team in over a decade even with Powell, Mickleson and Young gone. He knows what he is doing......the rest is up to the players.

bvillepig

In life many people pay more attention to whats going wrong rather than whats going right.  There are a lot of things going right with this team. We are not there yet but we are headed in the right direction.  Great team win!

The mark of a champion is to recognize your weakness and overcome them using your strengths. It will take time to build all the pieces but I am glad Mike is leading the project.

Hoggish1

Quote from: smb on February 28, 2014, 08:01:49 am
He knows his hogs are playing good right now. And it dosen't matter how you win just as long as you win. I mean it dosen't have to be pretty and what coach would put a guy in off the bench to have a chance to make free throws and seal the game but the 100 % free throws for this team is pretty good. I mean no matter what the statisics say the scoreboard says Hogs won. As much as everyone wants to celebrate the Kentucky win they have to play a decent Georgia team that could wipe out all the Kentucky celebration. But if you noticed in all the interviews that coach MA gave he said yea this is nice win but we need to stay focus and right on to the next game. I would say that Coach Mike Anderson has the hogs on the right path.

Yep, and the best part is that the players are focused, which is the most important thing.  The player interview last night before Cal took the podium to throw his team under the bus was amazing for their tenacity of only seeing Georgia on their radar.  They were not even savoring the win, at least in public.  You don't see that too often these days...

hogsanity

Consistency.  Remember what happened after they beat KY in Fay?  Last nights win would be wasted if they come home and lose to either Ga or old misses.

Also, you are not going to survive many games giving up 20+ offensive rebounds, giving up 18 more fga or 5 more fta and turning it over 20 times. 

They won doing that, AT RUPP NO LESS, but the odds of winning many games that way are slim.  Just look at last night, if the Hogs miss just one Ft in regulation, they lose.  If the Cats don't shoot a pathetic Ft%, the Hogs lose.   
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

idochog

Turning the corner on the court, should allow us to turn the corner on recruiting better players then back to national relevance
I love Jesus!

Break & Run

At this time last month, NO ONE thought we'd go from 2-6 in SEC play to being 8-7. 

And everyone talking about bad losses?  Our only "bad" loss is at A&M.  The loss at LSU was because of Anderson waking Harris and Qualls up.  Since that LSU game, we've gone 6-1 and have won 3 road games in a row.  Who would have thought that we'd be sniffing .500 on the road after starting out 0-4 ?
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Hogs-n-Roses

This bunch of guys has turned into a team. I have been critical of Mike for just that. So now I must eat the crow and give him the credit. Somehow, somewhere they turned into a better shooting team and started playing like a team, not a bunch of individuals. Outstanding. I believe we are in the dance. Barring some total collapse. Which I don't see happening.

hoglady

Quote from: hogfan10 on February 28, 2014, 08:50:10 am
If there was something to gripe about, concerning last night's game. The fact that we had Bell in the game in the final minutes would be my concern. I understood Harris being in (although I wish he would stop trying to be a guard when he has the ball), he was playing some good defense. I think he got the block forcing OT.
But, Bell was very sketchy with the ball late, and we didn't need his 3 point abilities (we were ahead on the scoreboard), and he doesn't offer much on the defensive end. We had 3 time outs in the last minute, why wasn't he replaced with Gulley or Wade. Bell had one TO late, and almost a second one before burning our last time out.

In Bell's defense - I thought he got the crap fouled out of him on the turnover. But he still should have just stopped and let someone come back to him for the ball.

Break & Run

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on February 28, 2014, 10:01:47 am
This bunch of guys has turned into a team. I have been critical of Mike for just that. So now I must eat the crow and give him the credit. Somehow, somewhere they turned into a better shooting team and started playing like a team, not a bunch of individuals. Outstanding. I believe we are in the dance. Barring some total collapse. Which I don't see happening.

The road game at LSU woke them all up.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

hogfan10

Quote from: hoglady on February 28, 2014, 10:04:27 am
In Bell's defense - I thought he got the crap fouled out of him on the turnover. But he still should have just stopped and let someone come back to him for the ball.

Agree

nextlevel

Quote from: hogsanity on February 28, 2014, 09:34:07 am
Consistency.  Remember what happened after they beat KY in Fay?  Last nights win would be wasted if they come home and lose to either Ga or old misses.

Also, you are not going to survive many games giving up 20+ offensive rebounds, giving up 18 more fga or 5 more fta and turning it over 20 times. 

They won doing that, AT RUPP NO LESS, but the odds of winning many games that way are slim.  Just look at last night, if the Hogs miss just one Ft in regulation, they lose.  If the Cats don't shoot a pathetic Ft%, the Hogs lose.   

Rebounds have nothing to do with FTs.

Games are won or lost at the line, not on the glass...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

DeltaBoy

We need to win out the regular season and win 2-3 in the SEC Tourney
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

nextlevel

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 28, 2014, 10:28:37 am
We need to win out the regular season and win 2-3 in the SEC Tourney

Win out the regular season, and 2-3 in the tourney would be a SEC-T championship...

Arkansas can afford to go 2-1 going into the tourney and still have a good shot at making the NCAAs.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Biggus Piggus

Last night was a real throwback. It felt like better times. Not that Arkansas showed great offensive skill except at the line. This was a different kind of win, led by extraordinarily good halfcourt defense and some patience on the other end.

More than that - execution under pressure. It was inglorious to lose a second-half lead. Arkansas only scored 23 in the second half after putting up 37 in the first.

But goodness gracious, Arkansas trailed by five points late in regulation. It was 60-56 going into the last minute or so. We had seen this story before. This time, the Razorbacks got stops! And converted the do-or-die possessions!

Kentucky got 14 free throw attempts in the second half, to the Hogs' two. Arkansas was called for 13 fouls over that span, UK seven. This imbalance did not make the Razorbacks fold. After gushing turnovers in the second half, the Hogs had one in OT while forcing three from the Cats.

Arkansas took the first lead in overtime, Coty Clarke's 3-pointer, and stayed ahead for the rest of the game. This team showed gigantic balls.

Nevertheless, Arkansas succeeded against Kentucky two times largely because of matchups. The Cats lack outside shooting and rely heavily on five players. Look at the bench minutes distribution in the SEC:

36% Texas A&M - lost by 16 (road)
36% Ole Miss - home game on Wed 3/5
36% South Carolina - won by 7 (home)
35% Georgia - lost by 5 in OT (road), home game on Saturday
33% Mississippi State - won by 4 (road)
31% Florida - lost by 2 in OT (home)
30% Alabama - won by 7 (home), road game on Sat 3/8
28% Auburn - won by 19 (home)
27% LSU - lost by 14 (road) - Harris and Qualls suspended, won by 11 (home)
25% Kentucky - won by 2 in OT (home), won by 4 in OT (road)
24% Tennessee - lost by 7 (road)
22% Missouri - lost by 4 (home), lost by 1 (road)
22% Vanderbilt - won by 2 (road)

I'd like to argue that Arkansas has fared best against opponents with a short bench, but depth doesn't explain all the variation here. Quality of opponents enters here - depth probably allowed South Carolina and Mississippi State to play closer than they had against the rest of the league.

On the other hand, depth doesn't always make a difference - because Arkansas is not married to the strategy of wearing down opponents with depth.

Vanderbilt outscored the Hogs 19-13 at the line, as Arkansas was called for 23 fouls to the home team's 15. Arkansas's defensive rebounding was only 59%, with just +3 turnover margin. Also, Mike Anderson shortened the bench, giving less than 24% of minutes to reserves.

At home, Missouri murdered Arkansas on the offensive glass, getting almost 50% of their own misses. The Tigers outscored the Hogs 22-13 at the line, 32-22 inside the arc. At their place, Mizzou wasn't nearly as dominant inside, winning on a 5-point advantage at the line. Anderson also shortened the bench, which eliminated any depth advantage.

The Tennessee story was simple. Depth wasn't an advantage because the Hogs were called for 29 fouls (to 15 for the Vols), which slowed the pace of the game. UT outscored Arkansas at the line 30-11. This negated Arkansas's 42-30 advantage inside the arc. Anyone who saw this game knows that on a neutral court, it would have been a much different contest.

In several ways, Arkansas's win at Rupp was a breakthrough. It also was a favorable matchup due to the Cats' lack of outside shooting and depth.

If the Razorbacks can sustain their success, then they will have proven something more.

Georgia has some matchup advantages over the Hogs. They are one of the SEC's deeper teams. Their young guards Kenny Gaines and Charles Mann have good size and athletic ability. Gaines is a good finisher inside, and Mann goes to the line a bunch. Marcus Thornton is still there. Nemanja Djurisic is a big forward who drifts outside and gets open threes. The Bulldogs don't have height or muscle issues at any position. They've succeeded at slowing the pace of play against almost everybody. Their main weaknesses are turnovers, limited outside shooting, and lack of a strong low post scorer.

Georgia has three road wins, Missouri, South Carolina and Mississippi State. They outdid the Razorbacks against South Carolina (wins by 21 at home, 17 on the road), Mississippi State (won by 20), and Missouri (+6 in OT road, +15 home).

Their season would look better, except Gaines missed the Kentucky and Vanderbilt games, both losses, and wasn't 100% in a defeat at Auburn. Georgia is 6-1 since that weak stretch. You have to think that they'd be second in the SEC, had Gaines not gotten hurt.

In my view, Ole Miss and Bama are "take care of business" games, but Georgia will be more interesting. Probably hinges on whether Georgia can get to the line (where they lead the SEC in chances) and dominate the boards, making up for the turnover margin.

If Arkansas wins out, the Hogs probably finish in a three-way tie for third in the SEC (with Georgia and Tennessee).
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

Quote from: nextlevel on February 28, 2014, 10:24:05 am
Rebounds have nothing to do with FTs.

Games are won or lost at the line, not on the glass...

We give up alot of FT's fouling on offensive put backs. 

But in the end, you are right, which is why I don't understand why ANy coach would not do whatever they had to do to have a team that shoots AT LEAST 75% from the line.  Practice, coaching, hypnosis, whatever it takes. FT shooting won that game for the Hogs last night, but it also cost them both Mizzu games, Ga, and FL.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HF#1

QuoteGeorgia has three road wins, Missouri, South Carolina and Mississippi State. They outdid the Razorbacks against South Carolina (wins by 21 at home, 17 on the road), Mississippi State (won by 20), and Missouri (+6 in OT road, +15 home).

Their season would look better, except Gaines missed the Kentucky and Vanderbilt games, both losses, and wasn't 100% in a defeat at Auburn. Georgia is 6-1 since that weak stretch. You have to think that they'd be second in the SEC, had Gaines not gotten hurt.

In my view, Ole Miss and Bama are "take care of business" games, but Georgia will be more interesting. Probably hinges on whether Georgia can get to the line (where they lead the SEC in chances) and dominate the boards, making up for the turnover margin.

I take comfort in the fact that Georgia will probably face a rowdy 20k in BWA Saturday afternoon.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Temprees

Surely you understand that you van say that about most games.  For example, if Harris makes the free throw against Florida, or if Madden doesn't step on the side line against Missouri, or if Madden makes the last shot against Missouri, we win those games.  I fail to see your point.

While Kentucky was getting all of those offensive rebounds, we were getting some too.  We also out scored Kentucky on 2nd chance points.  So, what's your point?

King Smack

The turn around of this season could have started with the suspensions. Since that time both players have played for the name on the front not the one on the back. Great coach's decision. They have put themselves in a great position but need to remember they are here because of heart. MA is the reason for that.
Practice doesn't make perfect......Perfect practice makes perfect- Vince Lombardi

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 28, 2014, 11:19:34 am
Last night was a real throwback. It felt like better times. Not that Arkansas showed great offensive skill except at the line. This was a different kind of win, led by extraordinarily good halfcourt defense and some patience on the other end.

More than that - execution under pressure. It was inglorious to lose a second-half lead. Arkansas only scored 23 in the second half after putting up 37 in the first.

But goodness gracious, Arkansas trailed by five points late in regulation. It was 60-56 going into the last minute or so. We had seen this story before. This time, the Razorbacks got stops! And converted the do-or-die possessions!

Kentucky got 14 free throw attempts in the second half, to the Hogs' two. Arkansas was called for 13 fouls over that span, UK seven. This imbalance did not make the Razorbacks fold. After gushing turnovers in the second half, the Hogs had one in OT while forcing three from the Cats.

Arkansas took the first lead in overtime, Coty Clarke's 3-pointer, and stayed ahead for the rest of the game. This team showed gigantic balls.

Nevertheless, Arkansas succeeded against Kentucky two times largely because of matchups. The Cats lack outside shooting and rely heavily on five players. Look at the bench minutes distribution in the SEC:

36% Texas A&M - lost by 16 (road)
36% Ole Miss - home game on Wed 3/5
36% South Carolina - won by 7 (home)
35% Georgia - lost by 5 in OT (road), home game on Saturday
33% Mississippi State - won by 4 (road)
31% Florida - lost by 2 in OT (home)
30% Alabama - won by 7 (home), road game on Sat 3/8
28% Auburn - won by 19 (home)
27% LSU - lost by 14 (road) - Harris and Qualls suspended, won by 11 (home)
25% Kentucky - won by 2 in OT (home), won by 4 in OT (road)
24% Tennessee - lost by 7 (road)
22% Missouri - lost by 4 (home), lost by 1 (road)
22% Vanderbilt - won by 2 (road)

I'd like to argue that Arkansas has fared best against opponents with a short bench, but depth doesn't explain all the variation here. Quality of opponents enters here - depth probably allowed South Carolina and Mississippi State to play closer than they had against the rest of the league.

On the other hand, depth doesn't always make a difference - because Arkansas is not married to the strategy of wearing down opponents with depth.

Vanderbilt outscored the Hogs 19-13 at the line, as Arkansas was called for 23 fouls to the home team's 15. Arkansas's defensive rebounding was only 59%, with just +3 turnover margin. Also, Mike Anderson shortened the bench, giving less than 24% of minutes to reserves.

At home, Missouri murdered Arkansas on the offensive glass, getting almost 50% of their own misses. The Tigers outscored the Hogs 22-13 at the line, 32-22 inside the arc. At their place, Mizzou wasn't nearly as dominant inside, winning on a 5-point advantage at the line. Anderson also shortened the bench, which eliminated any depth advantage.

The Tennessee story was simple. Depth wasn't an advantage because the Hogs were called for 29 fouls (to 15 for the Vols), which slowed the pace of the game. UT outscored Arkansas at the line 30-11. This negated Arkansas's 42-30 advantage inside the arc. Anyone who saw this game knows that on a neutral court, it would have been a much different contest.

In several ways, Arkansas's win at Rupp was a breakthrough. It also was a favorable matchup due to the Cats' lack of outside shooting and depth.

If the Razorbacks can sustain their success, then they will have proven something more.

Georgia has some matchup advantages over the Hogs. They are one of the SEC's deeper teams. Their young guards Kenny Gaines and Charles Mann have good size and athletic ability. Gaines is a good finisher inside, and Mann goes to the line a bunch. Marcus Thornton is still there. Nemanja Djurisic is a big forward who drifts outside and gets open threes. The Bulldogs don't have height or muscle issues at any position. They've succeeded at slowing the pace of play against almost everybody. Their main weaknesses are turnovers, limited outside shooting, and lack of a strong low post scorer.

Georgia has three road wins, Missouri, South Carolina and Mississippi State. They outdid the Razorbacks against South Carolina (wins by 21 at home, 17 on the road), Mississippi State (won by 20), and Missouri (+6 in OT road, +15 home).

If Arkansas wins out, the Hogs probably finish in a three-way tie for third in the SEC (with Georgia and Tennessee).
Nice post. I have one problem with it though. After sweeping them on the season and beating them in Rupp(the worst officiated venue in America, lets not call them cats, lets call them kitties!

(notOM)Rebel123

We must win these last 3 regular season games. A home loss to either UGA or Ole Miss will certainly tarnish last night's win. A road loss to a bad Alabama team could really put the Hogs behind the eight ball.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Atlhogfan1

Thanks for the post Biggus.  Will be interesting to see if you receive similar replies as others have who pointed out the favorable matchup vs UK on the perimeter.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogfan10

Quote from: Temprees on February 28, 2014, 11:39:49 am
Surely you understand that you van say that about most games.  For example, if Harris makes the free throw against Florida, or if Madden doesn't step on the side line against Missouri, or if Madden makes the last shot against Missouri, we win those games.  I fail to see your point.

While Kentucky was getting all of those offensive rebounds, we were getting some too.  We also out scored Kentucky on 2nd chance points.  So, what's your point?

I think his point is, your going to lose more games than you win with those disparities in FTA's, ORB's, and FGA's. We also lost the turnover battle.
Last night we were just more efficient than Kentucky, which is a good thing.

Hogeration

This has got to be some kind of shtick.  Surely you don't believe all the crap you promote.  MA has the hogs doing better than they have in years.  The program is turning around and people are happy and wanting to watch the hogs again. 

Locutus_of_Boar

The job of Mike Anderson or any other Arkansas coach isn't that difficult to understand:

Restore and maintain the program to what it was from the mid 70's to the mid 90's.

There were some rough years in that span but mostly Sutton and Richardson put a team on the floor every game that proudly represented themselves, the university, and the state.

Anderson has this team playing hard enough now to begin to do just that.  For the first time in decades they have the country paying it bit of attention at the right time of year.

Playing harder than their SEC competition has pushed them just a bit ahead of the that pack.  Now the work begins because in the NCAA tourney most every team they are likely to meet will have gotten there playing harder than the competition.

Pig Latin

id like to see some trademark item like landrys hat or nolans boots.    have no idea what, just want some marketing.   maybe a cane or an alligator
Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

smb

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on February 28, 2014, 04:36:51 pm
The job of Mike Anderson or any other Arkansas coach isn't that difficult to understand:

Restore and maintain the program to what it was from the mid 70's to the mid 90's.

There were some rough years in that span but mostly Sutton and Richardson put a team on the floor every game that proudly represented themselves, the university, and the state.

Anderson has this team playing hard enough now to begin to do just that.  For the first time in decades they have the country paying it bit of attention at the right time of year.

Playing harder than their SEC competition has pushed them just a bit ahead of the that pack.  Now the work begins because in the NCAA tourney most every team they are likely to meet will have gotten there playing harder than the competition.
We are getting closer!
GeorgiaHOG

micali

Quote from: popcornhog on February 28, 2014, 08:04:58 am
I support Mike 100%.

Just keep winning.  Tenners worse than use they lost twice to AtM.