Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Somebody convince me this will be a 20 win team

Started by swineology, November 20, 2012, 10:01:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

Quote from: poloprince on November 21, 2012, 10:46:54 am
They will win 20 games no convincing needed, The starters will play more minutes once the competition is better.  Right now, MA is still getting a feel for who is going to be in the rotation and who is not. 
Powell and Young will get closer to 30 minutes then 20 this weekend. BJ may only leave the floor a few times before media timeouts to get a longer break, or if we have a lead.

PORKULATOR

They pass the eye test. They just look like a better, leaner, faster team. Futures bright.
I think we win22.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ballinhog

In total agreement that Hunter could definitely improve his post moves and rebounding. But to the "Hunter will be dominated in the sec" crowd, who you talking bout? It's not sec football. There will be night where he gets outplayed but I don't believe there's anybody in the league to just "dominate."

Also, we have plenty of overall depth that he will likely never play more than 20 minutes in a game

If someone dominates Hunter, we'll just send Qualls in to dunk on said dominator, hurting his pride and feelings, lessening his testosterone, therefore, lessening his % chance of dominating

HawgWild

Stare into the spiral. You are getting sleepy. Very sleepy. Repeat after me - Arkansas will be a 20+ win team this year.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rooster Hogburn

There is no possible way this team will ever win 20 games in November. I'll report back at seasons end to update you on our 20 win potential. That is the only way to know.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Hooch

Quote from: swineology on November 20, 2012, 10:01:52 pm
So far....Rebounding sucks, Mickleson is still soft and will be dominated by SEC teams, we miss too many lay ups and swing for the fences by jacking useless 3's with not one player under the basket.
Powell looks healthy, freshman look like they're playing street ball, half court defense is horrible..

BJ is the only legit player we have..

Thoughts ???

You got all that from one game?

Smithian

Quote from: swineology on November 20, 2012, 10:01:52 pm
So far....Rebounding sucks, Mickleson is still soft and will be dominated by SEC teams, we miss too many lay ups and swing for the fences by jacking useless 3's with not one player under the basket.
Powell looks healthy, freshman look like they're playing street ball, half court defense is horrible..

BJ is the only legit player we have..

Thoughts ???
Chill out

Either we win and we're all happy or we have a rough season and I troll the heck out of a lot of Jump Ball posters.

I am 99% sure it will be option #1.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: swineology on November 20, 2012, 10:10:10 pm
Creighton will be a good measuring stick, IMO

I agree and we'll know more after ASU. Nice 5 game stretch to gauge ourselves.

SPAL

I don't think some of you mouth breathers understand how message boards or being a fan works. If somebody sees something we aren't doing well, it isn't hating. It isn't even being negative. It's an opinion about something that can be improved. Some of you are so worried about people being critical of mike that u twist any negative comment into hate. We are not a perfect team and there is a lot we can improve . It's going to be a harsh year for those wearing your feelings on your sleeve.

SPAL

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on November 20, 2012, 11:06:57 pm

OMG somebody got 14 point against us, Damn Dec. 21st is rapidly approaching, newly unearthed Mayan stones were unearth showing the Hogs didn't get a dunk by Michael Qualls and only won by 29 points. It's a sign of the sun's impending nova.  ;)

Did u see something that would lead you to believe our half court defense is rock solid or are u just cluttering the thread with nonsense?