Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ragnow

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 28, 2017, 12:14:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Hearing that he completely tore a ligament in his leg that connects the two leg bones. Will have to have it surgically repaired. What's amazing is he played the whole second half on it. SIAP

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 28, 2017, 12:14:18 am
Hearing that he completely tore a ligament in his leg that connects the two leg bones. Will have to have it surgically repaired. What's amazing is he played the whole second half on it. SIAP

Adrenaline is a helluva drug.

Iwastherein1969

love me some Ragnow, always will, but I sorta doubt the seriousness of the injury as he kept playing...HOWEVER, I do not blame him in any way if he is bailing so he can be fit for his tryouts for the NFL...I wouldn't spend one extra minute on that field risking injury for the joke of a coaching staff we have...if all of the BS that CBB is putting out about Ragnow turns out to be totally true, I apologize, but somehow I get the feeling that Momma Ragnow called down here and told Bert that her 'baby boy' was no longer going to risk millions of dollars for his losing program and to get her son the hell off the field and allow him to finish his schooling and work out each day...just a gut feeling
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

plumbhog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 28, 2017, 04:53:20 am
love me some Ragnow, always will, but I sorta doubt the seriousness of the injury as he kept playing...HOWEVER, I do not blame him in any way if he is bailing so he can be fit for his tryouts for the NFL...I wouldn't spend one extra minute on that field risking injury for the joke of a coaching staff we have...if all of the BS that CBB is putting out about Ragnow turns out to be totally true, I apologize, but somehow I get the feeling that Momma Ragnow called down here and told Bert that her 'baby boy' was no longer going to risk millions of dollars for his losing program and to get her son the hell off the field and allow him to finish his schooling and work out each day...just a gut feeling

LOL, I guess it's possible. But I have a gut feeling your wrong.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

FANONTHEHILL

It's a Syndesmosis Membrane injury.  The membrane holds the tibia and fibula together.  There are also two ligaments, one posterior and one anterior that hold end bones together at the base of the ankle just above he foot.  If you stretch any of these, it is a high ankle sprain.  This injury is a tear of the membrane and likely at least one of those ligaments torn from the bone.  My son suffered the same injury his senior year at Fayetteville High.  It almost ended his playing career.  He chose to forego surgery.  As a result, he was non weight bearing for 3 months.  If you put weight on the leg, the talus (pivot bone at the top of your ankle) wedges between the two bones pushing them further apart.  Basically your becomes a splitting wedge between the two bones.  Frank needs to be ready for the Combine, so he's opting for surgery.  They may tack the ligaments back down, but the major aspect of the surgery is to strut the two bones together and allow that syndesmosis membrane a stable platform to scar in and heal.  Charlotte is one of the best foot/ankle programs in the country.  A good friend did his post residency fellowship there.  They will take good care of Frank.  Here is a picture of what the procedure looks like.  It's technically very simple and Frank should do well.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

FANONTHEHILL

Nerve blocks and tight tape can do wonders for a short period of time.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

farmhawg

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 28, 2017, 07:22:55 am
Nerve blocks and tight tape can do wonders for a short period of time.
True. I wish him the best , he gave us a lot in his time here.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

Just rot gut you drink......

oldhawg

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 28, 2017, 07:19:04 am
It's a Syndesmosis Membrane injury.  The membrane holds the tibia and fibula together.  There are also two ligaments, one posterior and one anterior that hold end bones together at the base of the ankle just above he foot.  If you stretch any of these, it is a high ankle sprain.  This injury is a tear of the membrane and likely at least one of those ligaments torn from the bone.  My son suffered the same injury his senior year at Fayetteville High.  It almost ended his playing career.  He chose to forego surgery.  As a result, he was non weight bearing for 3 months.  If you put weight on the leg, the talus (pivot bone at the top of your ankle) wedges between the two bones pushing them further apart.  Basically your becomes a splitting wedge between the two bones.  Frank needs to be ready for the Combine, so he's opting for surgery.  They may tack the ligaments back down, but the major aspect of the surgery is to strut the two bones together and allow that syndesmosis membrane a stable platform to scar in and heal.  Charlotte is one of the best foot/ankle programs in the country.  A good friend did his post residency fellowship there.  They will take good care of Frank.  Here is a picture of what the procedure looks like.  It's technically very simple and Frank should do well.

Thanks for the insightful information.

flagstaffhog

Ragnow = One Bad Dude

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

PorkRinds

Played the second half with his team while getting beaten badly. Shows a lot of character.

rljjr

Wow. You really do enjoy making stuff up.