Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forrest City Joe....Tell us again how great Mike is!

Started by maggiesue, January 11, 2018, 01:30:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maggiesue

So bad and unfair to the Hog faithful!  So many good young coaches out there and this is what we get!  What say FCJ?

Dropkick

Sed76

Gone til the next win when he will show up singing the praises of his boy Mike Anderson screaming how he has us on the right track.

99toLife

FCJ is in hiding.  He will come out of his hole when he's comfortable. 

hamsam

hE so gooD, aRkanSas don'T deseRvE to HavE hIm he IS THE FREAKIN MAN probAblY go To LOUISvillE
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

cram224

I don't know FCJ. Does he attend any games? Is he a season ticket holder? Is he a mouthpiece from an easy chair?

BigSexyHog

Like someone else has already said, he will be back when we win our next game.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

razorpimp

Again quit picking on him!!!

His boy has had a bad couple of weeks!!!  Mean ol refs, mean ol road games, mean ol home games, mean ol rims....its just not fair everyone is against him

hawkhawg

Quote from: Sed76 on January 11, 2018, 02:30:15 pm
Gone til the next win when he will show up singing the praises of his boy Mike Anderson screaming how he has us on the right track.

Just like WHEN we go on a run of wins and all of you guys will crawl back under your rock.

Hoggish1

FCJ is now where to be found.  Actually, I bet he turned his set off earlier than I did...

VirginiaHog

Was it Mike that shot 18%? Mike is a very good coach.

3of5-2

Quote from: hamsam on January 11, 2018, 04:16:45 pm
hE so gooD.aRkanSas don'T deseRvE to HavE hIm.he IS THE FREAKIN MAN.probAblY go To LOUISvillE.
You left out all of those periods he throws in.

daprospecta

I'm not FCJ but I'm a huge Mike supporter.  The MSU loss and this past loss is inexcusable.  I'm not calling for his head but as the man in charge, he needs to right this ship NOW!  I say that because we saw a similar trend last year. I don't mind losing. It's how we are losing that is making me worried.

tophawg19

next year is what has me worried , No Macon or Barford and a chance that Gafford leaves early too. Based on what is returning, we will be playing a bunch of young players
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogsanity

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 11, 2018, 11:12:11 pm
next year is what has me worried , No Macon or Barford and a chance that Gafford leaves early too. Based on what is returning, we will be playing a bunch of young players

That will just give the MA PR team a reason to tell us to hold on, the team is young, Mike just needs to get his players in and get them some experience. Then they will start touting the class of 2026 or maybe 2030.

Their love for Mike has very little to do with actual basketball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

draftkings33

3 current coaches have been coaching 15 years or longer and NEVER had a losing season.  Anderson is one of them.  You guys act like MA can't coach??

hogsanity

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 12, 2018, 02:19:33 pm
3 current coaches have been coaching 15 years or longer and NEVER had a losing season.  Anderson is one of them.  You guys act like MA can't coach??

So if he goes 17-15 every year you'd be happy, cause someone could do that for 30 years and say they had a losing season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elksnort

Quote from: daprospecta on January 11, 2018, 11:05:58 pm
I'm not FCJ but I'm a huge Mike supporter.  The MSU loss and this past loss is inexcusable.  I'm not calling for his head but as the man in charge, he needs to right this ship NOW!  I say that because we saw a similar trend last year. I don't mind losing. It's how we are losing that is making me worried.
This is a very fair way of thinking about it.  The inconsistency of the performance is as bad as the wins losses.

swineology

Sed76

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 11, 2018, 09:24:02 pm
Just like WHEN we go on a run of wins and all of you guys will crawl back under your rock.

Some of us are just grounded in reality. It shouldn't take the better part of a decade to get a team rolling. Year 7 and we are seeing the same issues as there was in years 1 and 2. I hope we win out but I also hope to win the lottery.

upperdeck_hawg

If you look at the 7 years, last year was the anomaly. Bad losses and not making the tournament and the let's wait til the next great recruiting class comes in attitude is what is the norm with MA.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

PharmacistHog

Quote from: daprospecta on January 11, 2018, 11:05:58 pm

Nice post. Thanks for unbiased honesty.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Dirty

rude1

FCJ is no different than some of you, you come out in force when we lose, he comes out when we win.........

HogBreath

That's kind of the point, for seven years now we've heard how Mike was gonna kick azz and take names. 

What's he waiting on?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

golfinpig

Quote from: rude1 on January 12, 2018, 06:15:59 pm
FCJ is no different than some of you, you come out in force when we lose, he comes out when we win.........
Sorry dude but I've been saying the same thing for over 7 years. I never wanted MA, never liked his coaching style and he's never shown he can recruit. He parlayed his friends kids into a semi successful run at Missouri and now we are stuck with him. The only thing worse than his game preparation is his in game coaching. "Ya'll gettin' punked" Mike's words of wisdom.

EastexHawg

Y'all are so unfair to Mike.   After all, he is #139 on the career winning percentage list, and in his combined 11 years...going on 12...at Missouri and Arkansas he has guided his teams to multiple finishes in the top 25.  As in two (2).

Now grab yourselves an Old Milwaukee because it just doesn't get any better than that.

rude1

Quote from: golfinpig on January 12, 2018, 07:39:35 pm
Sorry dude but I've been saying the same thing for over 7 years. I never wanted MA, never liked his coaching style and he's never shown he can recruit. He parlayed his friends kids into a semi successful run at Missouri and now we are stuck with him. The only thing worse than his game preparation is his in game coaching. "Ya'll gettin' punked" Mike's words of wisdom.
You have been saying the same thing for 7 years with 7 posts.................................................

Sivad

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 12, 2018, 08:48:53 pm
Y'all are so unfair to Mike.   After all, he is #139 on the career winning percentage list, and in his combined 11 years...going on 12...at Missouri and Arkansas he has guided his teams to multiple finishes in the top 25.  As in two (2).

Now grab yourselves an Old Milwaukee because it just doesn't get any better than that.
But, but, he sat on the bench with the great Nolan.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Anderson's team will be fine.  They hit a slump.  He'll get them back up.  Arkansas will be in the NCAA tournament.  We were projected about a 6 or 7 seed before the season began by most national gurus.  That will probably be the case when it is said and done.  That said, today is pretty much a must win.

Go Hogs!!

hogsanity

Quote from: rude1 on January 12, 2018, 08:49:45 pm
You have been saying the same thing for 7 years with 7 posts.................................................

I am so tired of all these accounts that were created 5 6 7 or more years ago then never posting then showing up all of a sudden. Been about 2 dozen of them the last month.

nwahogfan1

I like Mike but I am not crazy about his coaching or the roller coaster results.  As long as AD Long was in charge I think Mike's job was safe with all these so so seasons but with the new AD things might be different.  He actually might want more.  We will see.

draftkings33

He might actually look at the results before Mike the past 15 years and think wow he is doing pretty well....

gmarv54

Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2018, 04:59:26 pm
I am so tired of all these accounts that were created 5 6 7 or more years ago then never posting then showing up all of a sudden. Been about 2 dozen of them the last month.
Something funny happened with my post count I got a new computer and hogville started my post count over.I went from just over 2500 to 1.

jdlew

Quote from: gmarv54 on January 16, 2018, 09:12:31 am
Something funny happened with my post count I got a new computer and hogville started my post count over.I went from just over 2500 to 1.
Quote from: cram224 on January 11, 2018, 04:25:01 pm
I don't know FCJ. Does he attend any games? Is he a season ticket holder? Is he a mouthpiece from an easy chair?

Careful I got banned once for saying that...( I bet FCJ had never bought a ticket in his life)....That was it...Got in touch with a moderator he couldn't believe it and said..our job is not to protect FCJ...he's more toxic than any poster on here...

AirWarren

Quote from: maggiesue on January 11, 2018, 01:30:23 pm
So bad and unfair to the Hog faithful!  So many good young coaches out there and this is what we get!  What say FCJ?

I think he has done a fine job as coach and he has turned this program around from where it was under Stan and Pel. Just so happens that the SEC is a solid league this year and nothing will be easy.

hogsanity

Quote from: AP85 on January 16, 2018, 12:02:19 pm
I think he has done a fine job as coach and he has turned this program around from where it was under Stan and Pel. Just so happens that the SEC is a solid league this year and nothing will be easy.

Ok, so the SEC is solid in Mike's SEVENTH SEASON. Why didn't he do more when the SEC was down?

texas tush hog

Kinda like back when Nolan was stinking up January, only to turn it around and go to the Final Four. Calm down and enjoy the ride, you Negative Nancys. I like Mike. Perhaps you would like Pel or Stan back.

hogsanity

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 16, 2018, 01:09:37 pm

Kinda like back when Nolan was stinking up January, only to turn it around and go to the Final Four. Calm down and enjoy the ride, you Negative Nancys.

Uh, in which of Nolan's THREE final 4 seasons did they stink up January, or any other month for that matter. Those 3 teams only lost 14 games TOTAL.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2018, 01:00:38 pm
Ok, so the SEC is solid in Mike's SEVENTH SEASON. Why didn't he do more when the SEC was down?
Because, this program was a S***Pit when he came here. Stuff doesn't change overnight.

I guess you're ready to run Van Horn off too??

hogsanity

Quote from: AP85 on January 16, 2018, 01:14:14 pm
Because, this program was a S***Pit when he came here. Stuff doesn't change overnight.

I guess you're ready to run Van Horn off too??

Lets see, under DVH they have been to the college WS 3 times, and are currently a pre season top 5 team, so no.

texas tush hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2018, 01:13:59 pm
Uh, in which of Nolan's THREE final 4 seasons did they stink up January, or any other month for that matter. Those 3 teams only lost 14 games TOTAL.

Well for one, 1995 they lost three games in January only to go to the NCAA finals against UCLA. They were 4-3 going into the Kentucky game on January 24th and went 12-1 to finish the regular season and lost to Kentucky in the SEC tournament.

Mr. Porkleone

texas tush hog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 16, 2018, 01:38:20 pm
What about the recruits we'd lose excuse.

Give it up, Mike ain't going anywhere for the foreseeable future; sorry. Take your shots while you can.

texas tush hog

Quote from: rude1 on January 12, 2018, 06:15:59 pm

I only come out when we tipoff.

LumberBacks

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 12, 2018, 02:19:33 pm
I see what you did there.  You set the bar at a winning season.  Many teams have winning seasons and don't make it to the NCAAT.  Heck, some don't even get an NIT bid.  But go on.  We have winning seasons. That should make us proud. /s

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 12, 2018, 10:03:46 am
if Mike is such a great coach, then why does beard continue to jack up 20 shots a game. we have no point guard.

Anton avg. 9 attempts per game and is shooting 40% but don't let facts get in the way - LIE AWAY!!

11pts & 3 asst
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 13, 2018, 05:23:15 pm
I like Mike but I am not crazy about his coaching or the roller coaster results.  As long as AD Long was in charge I think Mike's job was safe with all these so so seasons but with the new AD things might be different.  He actually might want more.  We will see.
What's funny about that is that FCJ wanted JL fired. JL may be the only AD willing to keep both BB and MA with the results they have been putting up. Now that FCJ got his wish, in the end, he may have cost MA his job.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.