Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIAP Bielema

Started by Rzback, November 18, 2017, 10:05:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 18, 2017, 10:08:52 pm
Nebraska isn't taking a coach fired from Arkansas after 5 years of failure.  I'm not sure any Power 5 school will right away.

Illinois is basically not a power 5 program.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: sickboy on November 18, 2017, 10:43:42 pm
Illinois is basically not a power 5 program.

There are probably some Group of 5 locations more desirable than Illinois, for sure.

Wildhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 18, 2017, 10:43:24 pm
How does him going to Nebraska potentially help us?

Because it means they didn't hire Scott Frost. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

emdavenp

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 18, 2017, 10:45:09 pm
There are probably some Group of 5 locations more desirable than Illinois, for sure.

Didn't Illinois hire Ron Zook after Florida chased him out of town?

Wild Bill Hog

Someone please take him.  We've already wasted enough money on him.

TrueBlue

Don't be surprised when Frost ends up at Florida.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 10:45:55 pm
Because it means they didn't hire Scott Frost.

I doubt we do either.

Wildhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 18, 2017, 10:56:53 pm
I doubt we do either.

Probably not.  It'll probably be Nebraska.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 10:24:25 pm
my son played his high school ball in illinois we had 150 kids out for just freshman ball. i was truly amazed at the quality of illinois high school football.

the problem is everybody poaches illinois high school football.

Think we could poach some of that talent?

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 18, 2017, 10:43:24 pm
How does him going to Nebraska potentially help us?

Probably gets us out of the buyout. I don't know the details of the contract, but that's usually how those things work.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 18, 2017, 11:06:12 pm
Probably gets us out of the buyout. I don't know the details of the contract, but that's usually how those things work.

I get that, but his answer was they wouldn't hire Frost, giving us the chance to.

hogs7199

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 18, 2017, 10:34:01 pm
Anywhere but here...

...Anywhere but here.

Bobby Petrino thinks differently...

Rzback

Any other schools in Big 10 likely to have an opening that might be interested in CBB?
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

twistitup

Illinois needs CBB. He can't do any worse than what's currently going on there-  Champaign and CBB- perfect fit

It's not vodka, but who cares
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hawgboy64

Talk about hitting the trifecta, bye bye Jeff, Bret and some one else pays Bret's buyout.
Christmas will arrive early for the Hog nation.  If we can get a real AD and great coach, I'm going to buy some lotto tickets because I've never been so lucky.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: hogsanity on November 18, 2017, 10:33:39 pm
Here is what other schools think about BB. " he won three big10 titles. Not surprised he could not win at Ar because NO ONE is going to win at AR."
Yes that was the theme, he said something along the line that CBB took a shot, tried to play in the SEC W and it didnt work out. 

Pancetta

Lovie Smith has a $12 million buyout currently but if they keep him one more year it drops to $4 million after next season so I am betting Illinois keeps him one more year.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

rljjr

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 18, 2017, 10:13:16 pm
Nebraska is going after Scott Frost. (former player, former GA coach for Nebraska)

Frost doesn't want Nebraska. He wasn't treated there well as a player when he transferred back. It's not the love fest some think it is. Besides, why go back there as a former player and have what fans you do have turn on you when you're not getting it done. Dollars to donuts the dude stays where he is or goes somewhere in the SEC.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: rljjr on November 19, 2017, 08:01:18 am
Frost doesn't want Nebraska. He wasn't treated there well as a player when he transferred back. It's not the love fest some think it is. Besides, why go back there as a former player and have what fans you do have turn on you when you're not getting it done. Dollars to donuts the dude stays where he is or goes somewhere in the SEC.
It's funny you mention that, I always think the same thing when we start talking about "arkansas ties".  Let's face it you are only welcome home if you are winning at a high level.

MC_Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2017, 10:13:41 pm
If Nebraska hires Bielema and we don't hire Scott Frost I'm burning couches.

Nebraska is going to hire Bielema & Scott Frost is going to be our next coach

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hogwild

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 18, 2017, 10:08:52 pm
Nebraska isn't taking a coach fired from Arkansas after 5 years of failure.

this

Rzback

Quote from: Pancetta on November 19, 2017, 07:55:16 am
Lovie Smith has a $12 million buyout currently but if they keep him one more year it drops to $4 million after next season so I am betting Illinois keeps him one more year.
Hate to hear that, was getting my hopes up
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

jgphillips3

I don't know whether to laugh at, or cry for, Nebraska if they were stupid enough to hire Bret.  I sure would thank them though.