Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootie did it .....

Started by Tusks, July 12, 2017, 01:04:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on July 12, 2017, 01:17:45 pm
HDN must be so excited to use the FOIA for his own purposes.
fabulous post.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Inhogswetrust

July 12, 2017, 10:32:34 pm #101 Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:25:48 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: 247Hog on July 12, 2017, 01:16:39 pm
This could get real ugly. We all know HDN will do anything for self interest.

Gotta say, would be sweet watching him reveal information that could bury Ole Miss even more.

A bonus which only means it's going to bury him farther as well..................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

JIHawg

It has to be driving those Ole Miss folks crazy to think they may have to pony up some more money to Bozo.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogsanity on July 12, 2017, 01:24:40 pm
No, because outside of Oxford and Hogville, No. One. Cares.
man, what a short-sighted and dumb post.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Großer Kriegschwein

If anyone seriously thinks that Hugh's coaching prowess or recruiting magnetism landed those top 10 recruiting classes, then they need to start writing dagum Santy Claus again, because the Tooth Fairy they have as a head coach isn't gonna be showing up at recruits houses putting benjamins under their pillows ever again.

Just look at their recruiting ranking this year. All the proof you need.

This is my non-signature signature.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Seebs on July 12, 2017, 07:57:12 pm
Okay - not sure if this has bee nsaid. the NCAA is toothless because of lack of subpoena power. The NCAA will now delay any findings about Ole Miss, keeping them twisting with this law suit is settled. The NCAA will use the findings in court to bring the hammer down even harder.

This is a beautiful day.
there are so many potentially devastating possibilities, I can't imagine a settlement isnt already in the works! Dale truly does more with less. Look at the untold millions he's made for NOTHING, and is about to get paid again. Freezus may resign and , if he does, needs to be on suicide watch.

Tusks

I haven't been this excited about Hootie since he left Fayetteville.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

moses_007

He can't get another coaching gig, so he is suing Ole Miss.  The guy is a multi-millionaire, thanks both to Arkansas and Ole Miss, but he needs more money. Poor Hootie.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tusked on July 12, 2017, 10:54:00 pm
I haven't been this excited about Hootie since he left Fayetteville.
IKR! It's weird, but I'm SOOOO down wit Hootie on this one. And that lawsuit was pretty fire. And the TIMING is just pimptastic. The day before Hugh speaks at SEC media days. Well played, Nutt.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 12, 2017, 11:20:52 pm
IKR! It's weird, but I'm SOOOO down wit Hootie on this one. And that lawsuit was pretty fire. And the TIMING is just pimptastic. The day before Hugh speaks at SEC media days. Well played, Nutt.

I would not be surprised if an old Razorback booster talked to Nutt about this and squared him up on it.

He may have coached at Ole Piss, but he was a Hog for what? 50 something years before he went there? He still has a lot of friends in Little Rock and elsewhere.

Football Scoop:

http://footballscoop.com/news/houston-nutt-files-federal-lawsuit-ole-miss/
This is my non-signature signature.

Sivad

It's going to get real dirty Ole Miss.
Let the fun begin!

nchogg

Hootie could not get a head coaching job before the NCAA investigation of Ole Miss. He made his bed and can now sleep in it. I hope he only gets $1. That would be well deserved.

King Kong

Quote from: nchogg on July 13, 2017, 04:49:47 am
Hootie could not get a head coaching job before the NCAA investigation of Ole Miss. He made his bed and can now sleep in it. I hope he only gets $1. That would be well deserved.

I think there is sufficient evidence that Ole Piss did smear Nutt. Will they be able to prove it in a civil suit? We shall see

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: nchogg on July 13, 2017, 04:49:47 am

I was wondering if anyone would remember that!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: King Kong on July 13, 2017, 06:06:55 am
I think there is sufficient evidence that Ole Piss did smear Nutt. Will they be able to prove it in a civil suit? We shall see

As nchogg said. He was already fired and could not get a job prior to all that stuff being said. Even so there ARE infractions tied to the time he was there.

Lanny

Bring out the popcorn, this is going to be fun to watch.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

GoHogzzGo

Gift that keeps on giving since he left, greatness.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: Lanny on July 13, 2017, 07:11:53 am

longtimeHogfan

I wonder if his attorney took the case on a contingency basis?  I'd love to think he'll be paying out $$$$'s in legal fees and burning through his nest egg only to lose.  And in the process burn ole piss to the ground. 

I've been around the block a few times and I can't remember a single time in my life when I've disliked anyone as much as hootie.  My distain for the man knows no bounds.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Lanny on July 13, 2017, 07:11:53 am

Maybe, but when they question Freeze about this he may just say, "This is a current and ongoing legal matter and I have been instructed to not discuss it at all". Which of course, will make his interview time significantly less fun for all of us.
Go Hogs Go!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: bythelake on July 12, 2017, 07:34:12 pm
Man, from a pure human standpoint when does a man stand up and tell the truth regardless of the consequences?  His love for ole miss has dominated his so called spiritual beliefs. 

You know the old saying the truth will set you free, well it does based on my seemingly 100 years of experience.
That's exactly what it will do. Set him free to find another job  ;D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

MB Hog

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on July 13, 2017, 07:36:07 am
I wonder if his attorney took the case on a contingency basis?  I'd love to think he'll be paying out $$$$'s in legal fees and burning through his nest egg only to lose.  And in the process burn ole piss to the ground. 

I've been around the block a few times and I can't remember a single time in my life when I've disliked anyone as much as hootie.  My distain for the man knows no bounds.
How well do you know him?

HogShat

What if some of the things Who Freeze said about Hootie were true? I'm hoping for a Rocky III ending where both parties connect on haymakers!

pigture perfect

I hope Gus is next on his Hit List. I bet he has some stuff on him as well. Statutes of limitations probably up on that though.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

oldhawg

Quote from: MB Hog on July 13, 2017, 07:49:36 am
How well do you know him?

Not really relevant because Nutt is a public figure and people have plenty of access to his actions, deeds and thoughts.

A lot of people don't like Donald Trump, but sure don't know him.

That's part of the price you pay for being a public figure ---- a lifestyle that Nutt chose.

RazorWest

Quote from: oldhawg on July 13, 2017, 08:08:45 am
Not really relevant because Nutt is a public figure and people have plenty of access to his actions, deeds and thoughts.

That's part of the price you pay for being a public figure ---- a lifestyle that Nutt chose.

I certainly understand why people don't like him because of the way things ended.  He is our only coach to beat Saban though. 

oldhawg

Quote from: RazorWest on July 13, 2017, 08:24:08 am
I certainly understand why people don't like him because of the way things ended.  He is our only coach to beat Saban though. 

Sometimes the price for a little success is high.

MB Hog

Quote from: oldhawg on July 13, 2017, 08:08:45 am

Yeah, I know.  And I do get that.  It just seems so personal... "my disdain for the man knows no bounds." 

It's ten years after his coaching tenure at UA ended.  Unless he slept with your wife or killed your dog, it seems time to move on with life.

MuskogeeHogFan

You mean twice while Saban was at LSU? Early 2000's
Go Hogs Go!

Razor1997

Does the coach deserve credit for Matt Jones connecting on two Hail Marys in a row?

rljjr

Quote from: Razor1997 on July 13, 2017, 10:07:05 am
Does the coach deserve credit for Matt Jones connecting on two Hail Marys in a row?

Well, he did call that play, brotha. ;-)

HamSammich

I know for a fact that Nutt was offered the New Mexico job and was strongly considered at Connecticut before removing himself from consideration. But that was before the smear campaign. I think this is going to be hard to prove in court. But I'm not a lawyer.

King Kong

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 13, 2017, 07:10:46 am
As nchogg said. He was already fired and could not get a job prior to all that stuff being said. Even so there ARE infractions tied to the time he was there.

It's defamation suit. There is clearly evidence that Ole Piss contacted the Media who reported that the majority of the allegations happened under Nutt.

If any of those media testify that their source was Hugh Freeze or worked in the Ole Piss athletic department, it will be proven in the civil court.

King Kong

Quote from: HamSammich on July 13, 2017, 10:36:57 am
I think this is going to be hard to prove in court. But I'm not a lawyer.

A Media person would have to confirm their source was an Ole Piss employee. Which would be unlikely.

A settlement would be most likely as it only hurts Ole Piss the longer this goes on.

jjdlc

Wow, who knew I would ever get to root for the Nutt again.

KlubhouseKonnected

I know for a fact that Nutt was offered the New Mexico job and was strongly considered at Connecticut before removing himself from consideration. But that was before the smear campaign. I think this is going to be hard to prove in court. But I'm not a lawyer.

The Defamation claim is a tough nut to crack as always, damages are tough to prove, but the kicker is the breach of contract claim based on the non disparagement clause. That makes it a way better case for Nutt.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

oldfart

Quote from: Karma on July 12, 2017, 04:00:42 pm
Party diversity and damages exceed $75,000 grants federal court subject matter jurisdiction.

thanks to all those who answered... ..seems logical now

rljjr

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 13, 2017, 10:51:39 am
The Defamation claim is a tough nut to crack as always, damages are tough to prove, but the kicker is the breach of contract claim based on the non disparagement clause. That makes it a way better case for Nutt.

This is the key nugget -- the contract. As another poster stated though, getting a reporter to confirm the allegations will be difficult at best. Then again, the burden of proof in a civil suit is not as high as a criminal case. I don't have a clue how this one is going to go.

hawgon

Quote from: King Kong on July 13, 2017, 10:43:19 am
It's defamation suit. There is clearly evidence that Ole Piss contacted the Media who reported that the majority of the allegations happened under Nutt.

If any of those media testify that their source was Hugh Freeze or worked in the Ole Piss athletic department, it will be proven in the civil court.

Are there liquidated damages or does he still have to prove them up?  I think the merits for breach or defamation are pretty clear.  Damages might be trickier.  Though, it seems like a pretty good case for some punitive damages as well.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: rljjr on July 13, 2017, 11:02:19 am
This is the key nugget -- the contract. As another poster stated though, getting a reporter to confirm the allegations will be difficult at best. Then again, the burden of proof in a civil suit is not as high as a criminal case. I don't have a clue how this one is going to go.

They have already quoted one recruit on record as saying that Hugh told him that the NCAA allegations were all about Nutt. I also read somewhere that another recruit, Chevin Calloway, was also quoted by name on record relaying a message that was much the same.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Jim Harris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAlBWw6lnvo
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hawgon

Some interesting issues here.  Falsely accusing someone of a crime is defamation per se in lots of jurisdictions.  That means damages are assumed and don't have to be proved.  That said, this isn't a crime but in the coaching world it is the equivalent of one.  I wonder if there is case law on making a false claim about someone regarding an industry standard or regulation that would be the equivalent of a "crime" in an industry and make a person unemployable?

rljjr

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 13, 2017, 11:06:03 am
They have already quoted one recruit on record as saying that Hugh told him that the NCAA allegations were all about Nutt. I also read somewhere that another recruit, Chevin Calloway, was also quoted by name on record relaying a message that was much the same.

Thanks, I missed that. Very interesting.

younghog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 12, 2017, 04:45:44 pm
Self-inflicted wound by Ole Miss. Didn't have to happen. There is a limit to what you can say, allege or contribute to a former HC after you have fired him and settled with him. Write HDN the check and get down the road. BIG mistake and now, it just makes Ole Miss look even worse. I love it but what a bunch of D.A.'s.

Exactly
GO HOGS

goodguytex

It would be swell if Nutt would just go away forever. But the guy just keeps popping up. He must've blown through most of his money, now wanting more through this suit. And wants to be the center of attention.

One thing certain because of this... He will never coach college football again. No program in their right mind would hire him.

younghog

In some Fan chatter on this just read..

"Houston's attorney will be able to do what the NCAA can't, depositions. I don't think Ole Miss wants to go under oath. Get ready to write a BIG check."

Very true.. Depositions are HUGE..  I'm actually a NUTT Fan Arkansas Born and Raised, and I commend him for standing up for what he feel was a slander attack.. As Freeze and the admin did all they could on the 2016 class to point it to Nutt.

Timing was flawless..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

RazorWest

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 13, 2017, 09:18:19 am
You mean twice while Saban was at LSU? Early 2000's

yes, people seem to forget Saban one a title there too

acey33

Quote from: 247Hog on July 12, 2017, 01:18:52 pm
HaHaHa!!! Didn't think of that.

HDN the movie to follow in 2020

Coming to Theaters in 2020...Hootie the Blowhard

bythelake

Reporter #2 was interviewed on 103.7 and he is more than happy to testify as he is included as a witness in the law suit.  He made indication that all 3 reporters are pissed and it indicates to me that they would testify.