Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 01:18:09 am

Simple Poll

Started by WoooPigBrewie, October 18, 2017, 08:46:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better? For SOS, the higher the number means the harder the schedule. Example, 8 is very, very high and 0 is average.

Jeff Long in SEC - Win Percentage: 54.2%. SOS: 5.7
74 (67.3%)
Frank Broyles in SEC - Win Percentage: 53.7%. SOS: 4.1
36 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: October 21, 2017, 08:46:27 am

WoooPigBrewie

October 18, 2017, 08:46:27 am Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:26:54 am by WoooPigBrewie
Just a simple poll.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 18, 2017, 08:48:05 am
Invalid poll.
How so? Seems pretty clear to me.

Must be because I'm new, right?
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

RazorPiggie

rljjr

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Well we know for sure that this thread isn't comparing Bielema's conference performance.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 18, 2017, 09:00:52 am
Well we know for sure that this thread isn't comparing Bielema's conference performance.

Correct. This compares something else.  Interesting to say the least.

Sincerely,

The New Guy
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

jst01

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 18, 2017, 09:00:52 am

or his overall record. He's at 0.473 overall.

WoooPigBrewie

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 18, 2017, 08:59:54 am
Do what?

Which one is better.  Just a simple poll.

No trap.

Sincerely,

The New Guy
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

jst01

Just state your point, new guy.  This is like polling: Which is better? having $2 or having $1?

greenie

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on October 18, 2017, 08:58:49 am

Welcome to Hogville, WoooPig.  You'll quickly find that there are a handful of people who live on HV and who love harassing newbies when they don't get some of the longstanding, inside jokes and habits.  I think your poll would have been fine with the old heads if it had included "Frito Pie" as an option.  Childish, yes, but that's who we are here on HV, so relax and enjoy.  If you continue to post, which I hope you do, you'll find many other such idiosyncrasies that you must learn to avoid hazing.  All in good fun.

I am curious where you're going with this poll.  Be prepared to get flamed for whatever point you're making.   ;)

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: jst01 on October 18, 2017, 09:10:13 am
Just state your point, new guy.  This is like polling: Which is better? having $2 or having $1?

The point comes with time.  Would hate to muddy the poll, you know?  ;)

The answer to your simple poll question is $2.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

snoblind

No Frito pie option.  What the heck is Lanny teaching in new member orientation these days?

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: greenie on October 18, 2017, 09:11:32 am
Welcome to Hogville, WoooPig.  You'll quickly find that there are a handful of people who live on HV and who love harassing newbies when they don't get some of the longstanding, inside jokes and habits.  I think your poll would have been fine with the old heads if it had included "Frito Pie" as an option.  Childish, yes, but that's who we are here on HV, so relax and enjoy.  If you continue to post, which I hope you do, you'll find many other such idiosyncrasies that you must learn to avoid hazing.  All in good fun.

I am curious where you're going with this poll.  Be prepared to get flamed for whatever point you're making.   ;)

Thank you for the warm welcome.  I enjoy the harassment. I welcome the hazing.  At the end of the day, this is just fun to read and get good laughter.

Always in good fun.

WPB
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: snoblind on October 18, 2017, 09:14:35 am
No Frito pie option.  What the heck is Lanny teaching in new member orientation these days?

The real question: Is Dorito pie better than Frito pie?

WPB
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

BoynamedWooPigSooie

and tbh those are both terrible results.

To go barely above .500 against a pedestrian SoS is pretty bad.

I'd guess we're talking Mike Leach and Lane Kiffin or similar type coaches.

Arkansas' SoS is part of what used to make it fun to be a Hog fan. Perpetual underdog, never getting respect, having to do more with less and somehow usually overachieving with a team full of gritty give their all players.

Bert has completely eroded that identity from the Razorbacks and with that a large portion of the fanbase that gave him every chance in the world and defended him through some pretty awful and moronic things he's said while the coach here. The guy just doesn't have what it takes and he's showing himself to definitely not be a man of uncommon character.

I'd seriously rather have a coach from DII or some lower division that was groomed in a program that had a culture of winning and hired a staff of similar guys. Guys that know how to win and bring that to work everyday. Bert is a blowhard who can't walk the walk. Give me the staff from NW Missouri St. and I bet they'd figure out a way to win 9-10 games. Bielema has underperformed by 2 games at least every year he's been here.

If we gotta go yankee again w/ the hire, I'd be happy w/ the coach from MN-Mankato. Bert has brought me to this point of barely having a care left to give the Hogs.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on October 18, 2017, 09:15:55 am

WPB

Now I'm intrigued....   actually just bought chili fixins and a bag of doritos as well yesterday.  May have something to do during the Auburn game now.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 18, 2017, 09:16:15 am
and tbh those are both terrible results.

To go barely above .500 against a pedestrian SoS is pretty bad.

I'd guess we're talking Mike Leach and Lane Kiffin or similar type coaches.

Arkansas' SoS is part of what used to make it fun to be a Hog fan. Perpetual underdog, never getting respect, having to do more with less and somehow usually overachieving with a team full of gritty give their all players.

Bert has completely eroded that identity from the Razorbacks and with that a large portion of the fanbase that gave him every chance in the world and defended him through some pretty awful and moronic things he's said while the coach here. The guy just doesn't have what it takes and he's showing himself to definitely not be a man of uncommon character.

I'd seriously rather have a coach from DII or some lower division that was groomed in a program that had a culture of winning and hired a staff of similar guys. Guys that know how to win and bring that to work everyday. Bert is a blowhard who can't walk the walk. Give me the staff from NW Missouri St. and I bet they'd figure out a way to win 9-10 games. Bielema has underperformed by 2 games at least every year he's been here.

If we gotta go yankee again w/ the hire, I'd be happy w/ the coach from MN-Mankato. Bert has brought me to this point of barely having a care left to give the Hogs.

Full disclaimer, the SOS above are actually pretty decent and well above average.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 18, 2017, 09:17:34 am
Now I'm intrigued....   actually just bought chili fixins and a bag of doritos as well yesterday.  May have something to do during the Auburn game now.

Please let me know your opinion when you devour the the Dorito pie.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Hog_Swanson

WPB
Never, knock it off. >:(
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on October 18, 2017, 09:21:51 am
Never, knock it off. >:(

"I regret nothing. The end." - Ron Swanson
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Ironhawg

WPB

Heresy!!!

WoooPigBrewie

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: snoblind on October 18, 2017, 09:14:35 am

Exactly, there should be a test, or some thing
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on October 18, 2017, 10:37:49 am
Exactly, there should be a test, or some thing

"Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment." - Michael Corleone
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

At this time of this "bump", Jeff leads Frank 73.5% to 26.5%.

;)
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Seebs

I was told there would be no math.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Seebs on October 18, 2017, 01:18:47 pm
I was told there would be no math.

Welcome to the Thunderdome.

Mathletics baby, mathletics!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

PonderinHog

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on October 18, 2017, 10:45:25 am
"Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment." - Michael Corleone

Don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever.  - Michael Corleone
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

WoooPigBrewie

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

BearsBisonsBoars

Ni frito pie option, no validity.

WoooPigBrewie

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

PorkSoda

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on October 18, 2017, 04:28:25 pm
Dorito pie for the win.  8)
next thing you know, people will be using potato chips.  what has the world come to? 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HoggyCat

Broyles had how long? If Long stays as long as Broyles was here, at this rate......
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 18, 2017, 04:45:43 pm
next thing you know, people will be using potato chips.  what has the world come to?
Never!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 18, 2017, 04:48:18 pm
Yep, Jeff Long surely gets the credit for those Petrino #s skewing things his way.

They would be a lot higher if Long hadn't been such a puss.

But he's a puss.

I guess Frank's numbers would be skewed his way if he didn't promote an OC (Crowe), hire a coach who hadn't coached in three years (Ford), or a 5-6 coach from an FCS program (Nutt).   8)

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 18, 2017, 05:11:48 pm
Oh Jeff the puss apparently has plenty of time to do all that and more...
Just think of the possibilities for bad decisions!
So exciting.
Haha! I love people like you. You need love in your life. Here, have some love. One love, man.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 18, 2017, 05:18:02 pm
Plenty of love in my life thanks... awesome wife and 3 awesome kids.  Always room for more.

You love poll, I see?
That's awesome man! I'm sure it is a wonderful family. Just giving you a hard time.

I do love polls. I also love beer and Dorito pies.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 18, 2017, 08:48:05 am
Invalid poll.

It's invalid because it isn't the same amount of years. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 18, 2017, 05:53:23 pm
Frank's first 10 years in the SEC:

Win Percentage: 50.3%

SOS: 4.0

Was trying to be generous. :)
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 18, 2017, 05:53:23 pm
I guess I did another disservice since Jeff hasn't completed 10 football seasons.

Jeff first nine years:

Win Percentage: 54.7%

SOS: 5.5

Frank first nine years:

Win Percentage: 49.4%

SOS: 3.8

Now it's the same. Goodness, those numbers for Frank. Good thing Hogville wasn't around then. ;)
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

moses_007

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 18, 2017, 02:01:32 pm
Chicken ???  Get a rope!   >:(

Cosign. >:(  Little know fact, in the "Taken" movies, Liam Neeson's character was inspired by a guy that mistakenly got served a chicken Dorito pie instead of Frito Pie. Same thing for "Man on Fire" Denzel Washington.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: moses_007 on October 18, 2017, 07:38:46 pm
Trash can please.
Did the poll hurt your feelings?

Are you triggered?
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

DLUXHOG

Good numbers....  some of us have subtly been trying to warn folks away from the "Fire Jeff Long" mantra for a while now.     Do you have any other school's AD numbers?   I assume this is for all sports so it would be interesting to see the remainder of the SEC school's AD numbers........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

1highhog

Poll is stupid, come up with a better poll new guy and I'll vote on it.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 18, 2017, 08:48:25 pm
Good numbers....  some of us have subtly been trying to warn folks away from the "Fire Jeff Long" mantra for a while now.     Do you have any other school's AD numbers?   I assume this is for all sports so it would be interesting to see the remainder of the SEC school's AD numbers........

Football only...
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!