Started by checkraiser88, October 08, 2017, 01:10:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Vantage 8 dude

Hawghiggs

howie76

Tusks

I can see the press conference now.

"im a changed man and I'm back where I let it get out of hand to right the biggest wrong of my career" "i've made many mistakes, but none bigger than what happened at the UA"  "I want to prove to the world that I'm different, a better man, and bring wins to the UA fans that lost confidence in me"

There won't be dry eye in the house.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

checkraiser88

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 01:16:18 pm

"im a changed man and I'm back where I let it get out of hand to right the biggest wrong of my career" "i've made many mistakes, but none bigger than what happened at the UA"  "I want to prove to the world that I'm different, a better man, and bring wins to the UA fans that lost confidence in me"

I just teared up by reading the post, well said

Tusks

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 08, 2017, 01:17:14 pm
I just teared up by reading the post, well said

I don't know which moves me more.  Watch the Hogs under BB or thinking of BP back on the UA sidelines.

Boardon Hamsay

Didn't Bill Paxton pass away earlier this year?    :'(
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Iwastherein1969

It can happen and I think it would prove that forgiveness, used in the right context, would have recruits returning to Arkansas. Really, you people that say Bobby couldn't recruit to Arkansas because of his past here. Look at it this way, Bert can't recruit with the highest of moral ground on his side and Bobby couldn't do any worse than Bert, yet we'd have a football mind instead of a guy who is as below Petrino in X's and O's as the Freedom Tower in NYC is above Time Square. Point is, we cannot do worse.

ad: Look what Bobby did for Ryan Mallett who wasn't an athlete but had a big arm, what could he do with the current #15 who has as big of a gun as Mallett but can also move. Petrino would make Cole a true star in college football.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HamIAm

No.

All this love for Petrino is idiotic.  Granted he can put on a great offensive display when things are working.  When Louisville was in the C-USA and Big East, Petrino's teams finished first twice in 4  years.  But since then this is how his teams have finished:
NFL - Altanta Falcons - 4th in the division
Arkansas - 4th, 4th, 2nd, 3rd.   
Western Kentucky - 3rd
Louisville -  3rd, 3rd, tied for 1st, and now sit in 4th with a 1-2 record.  The lone first place team missed out to Clemson for a place in the conference championship game. Louisville went on that year to lose to LSU in the Citrus Bowl,  29-9.

So counting this year, in the last 10 years he has tied for first once and tied for second once.

His teams have never had a defense, that was the problem at Arkansas.  Have you not learned yet that you will never win the SEC without a defense?  Nothing has changed with Petrino's teams since he left.  In conference games, this years Louisville team has given up 47 points losing to Clemson, 39 points losing to NC State, and 35 points in their lone conference win over NC.

So what in there makes you think Petrino is the answer?  When he left our defense was in the tank.  We couldn't run when we had to. Despite what the media was forecasting for the year he was fired, it was still going to be a down year.  Plenty of other problems were brewing under the surface. Yes there were some exciting games and yes we won some big ones.  We also won some big games with Nutt, anyone looking to have him back. 

So can we just stop with all of the Petrino love. He's not the answer and he's not coming back.  Appreciate the teams he had here and move on. 

Atlhogfan1

1-7 vs ranked teams since returning to Louisville. 1-2 in bowls. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tusks

I look at it this way.  Let BP come back and get the hogs to the 3rd best team in the SEC, like he was, and then decide if a new coach can get the hogs over the top.

TNRazorbacker

No, absolutely not, he's still the same character issue he was. He was fired for good reason and needs to stay fired.

clew

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 01:18:59 pm
I don't know which moves me more.  Watch the Hogs under BB or thinking of BP back on the UA sidelines.
The thought of either moves me in ways only Metamucil can.
Pure as the dawn

HamIAm

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 01:37:29 pm
I look at it this way.  Let BP come back and get the hogs to the 3rd best team in the SEC, like he was, and then decide if a new coach can get the hogs over the top.

And tear apart what little progress we've made with our defense.

WorfHog

The dude that can't win at a high level with a Heisman QB?

The guy who never got over the Alabama hump. I'd rather give someone else a shot.

Pigsknuckles

Bobby Petrino is the past. Leave it alone. It's like going to a HS reunion just to look up an old girlfriend. Move on.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Tusks

One of the many things I miss about BP was those long scrimmages he had in spring.  Man that set the tone for being a tough tough football team.

I also miss that you knew with him the team was going to get EVERYTHING possible out of itself during a game.  There wouldn't be a second of not squeezing every situation for success.

Holtz was that way too.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 01:47:18 pm
One of the many things I miss about BP was those long scrimmages he had in spring.  Man that set the tone for being a tough tough football team.

I also miss that you knew with him the team was going to get EVERYTHING possible out of itself during a game.  There wouldn't be a second of not squeezing every situation for success.

Holtz was that way too.

Early Holtz was.

With Petrino teams you could count on penalties and dropped passes and some slow starts too especially in bowls. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteBobby Petrino is the past. Leave it alone. It's like going to a HS reunion just to look up an old girlfriend.

that's happily married with three kids.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Redhogs

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 08, 2017, 01:46:08 pm
Bobby Petrino is the past. Leave it alone. It's like going to a HS reunion just to look up an old girlfriend. Move on.
This....and...he would never want to come back here, he will be offered much better jobs in the future, by SEC teams, and others.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

GuvHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 08, 2017, 01:49:30 pm
Early Holtz was.

With Petrino teams you could count on penalties and dropped passes and some slow starts too especially in bowls. 

Petrino was 2-1 in Bowl games at Arkansas. If not for a young freshman mistake on a blocked Ohio State punt (he should have scooped and scored), Bobby would have been 3-0 in bowl games here and would have finished in the top 10 in back to back years. Yeah, I'd take that again in a heart beat. Anyone who wouldn't is just plain silly.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Tusks

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 08, 2017, 01:49:30 pm
Early Holtz was.

You seem to be talking about every hog team I've ever watched.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GuvHog on October 08, 2017, 02:00:51 pm
Petrino was 2-1 in Bowl games at Arkansas. If not for a young freshman mistake on a blocked Ohio State punt (he should have scooped and scored), Bobby would have been 3-0 in bowl games here and would have finished in the top 10 in back to back years. Yeah, I'd take that again in a heart beat.

If not for a meltdown by the ECU kicker we would have lost the Liberty due to a horrible offensive performance and being out coached by lil Holtz. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 02:01:43 pm
You seem to be talking about every hog team I've ever watched.

So it was nothing special?

MTBrookHog

All you Bobby Petrino is God lovers need to go a few hundred miles to the east and worship him there!

GuvHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 08, 2017, 02:03:05 pm
If not for a meltdown by the ECU kicker we would have lost the Liberty due to a horrible offensive performance and being out coached by lil Holtz. 

He wasn't outcoached by Skip Holtz. Skip is a good coach who was lucky enough to have a Senior laden team playing against an Arkansas team that was young and still rebuilding.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MTBrookHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 08, 2017, 02:03:05 pm
And 0-13 on 3rd down for an offensive genius.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 08, 2017, 01:46:08 pm

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on October 08, 2017, 01:50:34 pm

that's happily married with three kids.

And has gained 50 pounds.

Jeffcphog

Had Long suspended Bobby for one year and not appointed John L. Smith interim coach Arkansas football would not be below Vanderbilt and Kentucky today.  Jeff Long has ruined our program, like it or not.

hog.goblin

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 01:16:18 pm

Twould be glorious; but unfortunately for us his next move will be up, not lateral.  Norvell is our best option after the 2018 season when CBB is fired.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Jeffcphog on October 08, 2017, 02:10:28 pm
Had Long suspended Bobby for one year and not appointed John L. Smith interim coach Arkansas football would not be below Vanderbilt and Kentucky today.  Jeff Long has ruined our program, like it or not.

Still would have been a lost season and recruiting class when we weren't lighting it up in recruiting anyway.  BP would have had to rebuild.  And he refused punishment so can't put this on Long. 

Rzbakfromwaybak

Bobby P. & his behavior, is responsible for Bobby P. getting fired.  That's not ever going to change. Claiming it's somebody else's fault, is ridiculous. Odds are, that neither the U of A, or Bobby Petrino, would want him to be a coach again in Fayetteville.  Keeping this pipe dream alive, is silly.  We need another football coach, but it won't be Petrino.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

bob slydell

Even if Long did make that call, why in hades would Petrino want to come back to Arkansas?
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Roaringboar

No way......that would look really bad for the program, hire the guy who the coach you're firing was hired to replace because the coach you're hiring, who was the coach you fired, is actually a better coach proving we don't care about the fact he was a slimeball at all........It would just look to bad for the university, and Bobby will never come back to Arkansas.....if he comes back to the SEC West, it'll be for either Texas A&M, Ole Miss, or LSU in a couple years when they fire Orgeron....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

longpig

Taking him back isn't working out so well for Louisville so why would it work here?  The only place BP will sustain success is at a place that recruits itself.  Look out if he goes to a Florida, LSU, Notre Dame, Texas, USC...........
Don't be scared, be smart.

HawgPound

Roaringboar

Quote from: longpig on October 08, 2017, 02:32:01 pm
Taking him back isn't working out so well for Louisville so why would it work here?  The only place BP will sustain success is at a place that recruits itself.  Look out if he goes to a Florida, LSU, Notre Dame, Texas, USC...........

I expect him to finish 8-4, 9-3 this season at Louisville.....People seem to overlook how tough the ACC is now......That loss to Clemson is entirely forgivable because that program is tough as nails right now......NC State, Miami, Florida State (Though they are in a slump this year) Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, and Louisville are just as tough as any SEC team right now, if not better.....I think Louisville got to cocky this season with a Heisman winning QB.......They keep expecting him to win games by himself........
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 08, 2017, 02:38:17 pm
I expect him to finish 8-4, 9-3 this season at Louisville.....People seem to overlook how tough the ACC is now......That loss to Clemson is entirely forgivable because that program is tough as nails right now......NC State, Miami, Florida State (Though they are in a slump this year) Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, and Louisville are just as tough as any SEC team right now, if not better.....I think Louisville got to cocky this season with a Heisman winning QB.......They keep expecting him to win games by himself........

They aren't playing Miami VT or GT from the other division. Non conf was soft. Not overlooking they will win more this season.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

I never say no because when I do, it usually happens.  I wouldn't mind having him back with the right AD riding herd.  If I was hiring, I would want to know what he planned to do with the defense.