Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 11, 2024, 04:10:12 pm

BA (Bielemers Anonymous)

Started by cjack, October 07, 2017, 10:19:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cjack

I think we need a support group for the growing number of Bielemers who have seen the light. No judgment. No I told you so will be heard. We need all Hog fans together during this time. Healing starts with admitting you had a problem.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Tusks

Quote from: cjack on October 07, 2017, 10:19:29 pm
I think we need a support group for the growing number of Bielemers who have seen the light. No judgment. No I told you so will be heard. We need all Hog fans together during this time. Healing starts with admitting you had a problem.

I recommend they eat some of the 'darksides'  brownies.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

nwa_razorback_coffee

I have heard from friends tonight who I thought would be the last ones to jump off the CBB bus. But, in their views, the time has come.

Roaringboar

For the Bielemers left out there.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Bkhardicars

Thanks for the kind words.I appreciate it...I really wanted him to succeed here. MAke no mistake about it, It going to be tough to hire someone with all the other jobs that are going to be open.IT would still be best if he were to run the table and let chaos reign among all the other programs and Brett right the ship. But that crap today...Good lord...Our best chance is to luck out with a new up and comer like the Memhis guy that supposedly has an interest in the job.WE just all need to know that Gruden, CHip Kelly, Bob Stoops, Gundy, (we missed that one I think), or any other "NAME " is walking through the door.BUt what we have sure ain't working..I wouldn't complain about Lane Kiffin..

From Tusk Till Dawn

Been a rough day but that was funny.

RyeHogFan

It usually takes me a while to fully jump ship.  I was behind Pelphrey until the bitter end.  I've been reluctant to give up on Bielema, but he's finally lost me.  In the past, I would never be doing anything but watching the game on a Saturday afternoon, but now I find myself looking for other things to do during game time.

cjack

Quote from: RyeHogFan on October 07, 2017, 10:48:59 pm
It usually takes me a while to fully jump ship.  I was behind Pelphrey until the bitter end.  I've been reluctant to give up on Bielema, but he's finally lost me.  In the past, I would never be doing anything but watching the game on a Saturday afternoon, but now I find myself looking for other things to do during game time.

For the first time in years, I have done the same.  It makes me mad and then sad to see how our team is lead.  As a fan, I certainly want better from the coach, but the players deserve much better leadership than they're getting.  We may not have the players to win titles, but our Razorbacks deserve better.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

JayBell

I've never been more disappointed in a coach's inability to have success.  People can look back with hindsight all they want, but Bielema was a home run hire at the time.  Everyone was shocked Arkansas could lure a coach from a successful BCS conference program.

It was the perfect marriage of coach and program.  His personality and his desired playing styles perfectly fit Arkansas, its history and its fan base.  All he had to do was win some damn games.

Even if you claim you were a darksider from the day he was hired, his teams at Wisconsin were still very well coached and he was in charge of that.  I don't know how Arkansas slid so far so fast after having a stretch at the end of 2015 and into 2016 where they went 10-2.  The depths of failure from this coaching staff is surprising even more ardent anti-Beilemers.

NaturalStateReb

If supporting your coach until it's clear that it's not going to work out is a problem, it certainly seems like a strange problem.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: JayBell on October 09, 2017, 08:38:46 am
I've never been more disappointed in a coach's inability to have success.  People can look back with hindsight all they want, but Bielema was a home run hire at the time.  Everyone was shocked Arkansas could lure a coach from a successful BCS conference program.

It was the perfect marriage of coach and program.  His personality and his desired playing styles perfectly fit Arkansas, its history and its fan base.  All he had to do was win some damn games.

Even if you claim you were a darksider from the day he was hired, his teams at Wisconsin were still very well coached and he was in charge of that.  I don't know how Arkansas slid so far so fast after having a stretch at the end of 2015 and into 2016 where they went 10-2.  The depths of failure from this coaching staff is surprising even more ardent anti-Beilemers.

Just can't recruit the guys it takes to play that style of ball in the SEC.  His teams are basically middle of the pack Big Ten teams--I formation, big and slow.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

lasthog

I, uh, what I mean to say, is uh, I THINK I WAS THE FIRST TO CALL HIM A ROCKSTAR,
Man, I feel better getting that off my chest.

SDZ_Hog

I've been a fan of the program problem since about the time I started "borrowing" the jcpenny catalog. That's been about 33 years.  So tail end of the SWC days when I started my love for the razorbacks.  So most of my personal experience as a fan has been a down program.  A few ups with a lot of downs.    With the recruiting base we have to work with I'm all for stability. However, this is year 5 and probably one of the worst teams that I have seen.  This coaching staff is likable but their product isn't.  I want CBB to succeed but it's not going to happen.   Bring on the pirate.

cjack

Quote from: lasthog on October 09, 2017, 08:43:32 am
I, uh, what I mean to say, is uh, I THINK I WAS THE FIRST TO CALL HIM A ROCKSTAR,
Man, I feel better getting that off my chest.

Last Hog gets it. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

JayBell

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 09, 2017, 08:41:58 amJust can't recruit the guys it takes to play that style of ball in the SEC.  His teams are basically middle of the pack Big Ten teams--I formation, big and slow.

I think the players are there to have some success.  A lot of the criticism of the talent on the offensive line gets conflated with bad coaching and bad schemes, as well as bad habits from Allen.  There's athletes at running back and receiver, plus the much lauded "best group of tight ends in the country."

That's what makes it so disappointing.  Where are the quick routes to get the ball out of Allen's hands?  Where were the screens on Saturday that have been such a major staple of the offense?  Why is Allen tethered to the line of scrimmage instead of scrambling?

There's so many tweaks they could make to improve the offense and they refuse to do any of it.  Same on defense with blitz packages and coverage schemes.  The current staff is not getting the most out of the players they have.  They are actively dragging them down.

SDZ_Hog

I um um oh gezzzz this is embarrassing but I used to get mad we people said bert not Bret

cjack

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on October 09, 2017, 08:50:35 am
I um um oh gezzzz this is embarrassing but I used to get mad we people said bert not Bret

Now it's going.  We've got a hundred bash Bielema threads.  This was supposed to be a little comic relief for a steaming mad fan base.

Welcome SDZ_Hog
Woooo Pig Soooie!