Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 05:53:41 pm

Vin Ascolese as new AD?

Started by Razorbackers, November 08, 2017, 10:48:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackers

I'm hearing from some very reliable sources within the program. I have a tape I recorded of phone call between me and a member of the athletic department. It's already done, the big money guys have made the call. Long and Bielema are out. Vin will be hired on the 26th and will have full autonomy to bring in a new coach. Apparently he's hoping to land Saban but that's a bit of a reach imo.

HillBillyHogfan

This may be the dumbest hogville post ever... AND I LOVE IT!!!

Well done
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

hogsanity

Cant hire Vin, he is from NJ, Hawg fans don't want no yankee carpetbagger.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorbackers

Quote from: hogsanity on November 08, 2017, 10:51:54 am
Cant hire Vin, he is from NJ, Hawg fans don't want no yankee carpetbagger.

But he's a Petrino guy.

Razorbackers

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on November 08, 2017, 10:49:03 am

Well done

Might I direct you to the actually serious "Bazzel for AD" thread a few weeks back? lol

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 10:53:15 am
Might I direct you to the actually serious "Bazzel for AD" thread a few weeks back? lol

I tried to forget that one
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Ex-Trumpet

I'm curious as to what people here think the requirements are for AD?  Job description?

What qualifications should an institution look for?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogsanity

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2017, 11:01:10 am
I'm curious as to what people here think the requirements are for AD?  Job description?

Oh this should be good.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Calling All Hogs

If you want an AD committed to winning, hire Forrest City Joe.

porque

God, I'm glad I missed that.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 08, 2017, 11:14:09 am

This is a great idea. I would love to see press releases in FCJ's patented style of typing.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 10:48:06 am
I'm hearing from some very reliable sources within the program. I have a tape I recorded of phone call between me and a member of the athletic department. It's already done, the big money guys have made the call. Long and Bielema are out. Vin will be hired on the 26th and will have full autonomy to bring in a new coach. Apparently he's hoping to land Saban but that's a bit of a reach imo.

Is this a joke or meant to be serious?   It's hard to be sure of these things lately....

Razorbackers

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 08, 2017, 11:17:01 am
Is this a joke or meant to be serious?   It's hard to be sure of these things lately....

I take my jokes seriously.

tbhogfan

1) Name is Vin Ascolesce
2) Name is not Jeff Long
Go Hogs!

Hoggish1

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on November 08, 2017, 10:49:03 am

Well done

Me too.  Keep the laughs coming! WPS

Razorbackers

WMHawgfan

Latest I heard is Vin is planning to hire Big Tex Beachum as the new head coach.

Hog-Corleone

Ray Biggers for Coach

10-12 great seasons to look forward to.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

SPAL

Thank you so much for this. This is great.

This is the best post on hogville in 6 months.

Wildhog

Only if he brings Quinta Funderburk with him.  Or Big Tex.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

KennyForAD

The DUMBEST thing you can do, is go look for a 'professional AD' or a 'businessman.'   The first order of 'business' for an AD is managing COACHES.  You need someone with experience in the business he's running:  A retired coach makes a lot of sense.   A retired coach knows the business, and he knows the coaching community.   Ken Hatfield would be a wonderful AD, but I think he's probably a little too old.   Someone like that, he's all you need.   The 'business' side of being AD takes care of ITSELF.  The AD has a staff of lawyers accountants, 'business men,' etc.   The business acpect of being AD is SIMPLE job that ANYONE can do.  Managing coaches is the tricky part.
There are only two requirements:

Get someone who KNOWS coaching and who LOVES Arkansas.

The reason Jeff Long is such a horrific failure is that he knows NOTHING about coaching, and cares NOTHING for Arkansas.   Wake up people!

jkstock04

Not your best effort.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

SPAL

Quote from: Wildhog on November 08, 2017, 11:56:13 am

Willie Hordge is coming on staff as speed developer.

BearsBisonsBoars

Win At All CostsTM

Because learning from the wreckage of Baylor and Ole Miss is for sissies.

Can Vin be the first ever dual AD/All-American LB? No reason he can't do both.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Karma on November 08, 2017, 12:05:47 pm
Can Vin be the first ever dual AD/All-American LB? No reason he can't do both.

No but he could possibly be the first dual threat AD/HFBC.  And very well, he could both do....
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 08, 2017, 12:00:00 pm
The DUMBEST thing you can do, is go look for a 'professional AD' or a 'businessman.'   The first order of 'business' for an AD is managing COACHES.  You need someone with experience in the business he's running:  A retired coach makes a lot of sense.   A retired coach knows the business, and he knows the coaching community.   Ken Hatfield would be a wonderful AD, but I think he's probably a little too old.   Someone like that, he's all you need.   The 'business' side of being AD takes care of ITSELF.  The AD has a staff of lawyers accountants, 'business men,' etc.   The business acpect of being AD is SIMPLE job that ANYONE can do.  Managing coaches is the tricky part.
There are only two requirements:

Get someone who KNOWS coaching and who LOVES Arkansas.

The reason Jeff Long is such a horrific failure is that he knows NOTHING about coaching, and cares NOTHING for Arkansas.   Wake up people!

Gonna play devil's advocate...

The best businessmen know how to hire people, doesn't matter the industry.  They hire people that are smarter than they are.  Just because someone was a coach or from Arkansas is not necessarily a litmus test I'd bet the house on.

The fact that you suspect that the business side of being AD is the easy part gives props to JL.  Successful people make what they do appear simple.  It isn't.

Having stated all that, is JL a good AD?  I suspect none of us knows for sure as we are not privy to the ins and outs of UA athletics.  Football is one part of many moving parts.

Razorbackers

SPAL

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 12:14:46 pm

Don't listen to the negativity. This is your ring the bell moment. You've had your best performance to date.

Razorbackers

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 08, 2017, 12:15:35 pm
Don't listen to the negativity. This is your ring the bell moment. You've had your best performance to date.

It's an honor to even be nominated, really.

Michael D Huff AIA

Vin Ascolese is the most famous Razorback never to have actually been a Razorback. 

He might be the youngest AD ever.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on November 08, 2017, 01:09:34 pm
Vin Ascolese is the most famous Razorback never to have actually been a Razorback. 

He might be the youngest AD ever.

Splash hire? Check.

Aggressive personality? Check.

Proven winner?  Check

Another yankee? Check.

This hits all of Jeff's boxes.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Why don't we branch out to people from other sports. We could get someone who has experience dealing with tough media questions and difficult fans. How about OJ Simpson?! I think he would absolutely kill it here!  :D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 08, 2017, 11:14:09 am

But he's only committed to winning in football.  Lots of us also want to win in basketball.

porque

Sources are telling me Lonnie Davis to be next Arkansas head coach.

zane

The poetry program is really going to take off now!
RIP LSUfan

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: zane on November 08, 2017, 01:52:36 pm
Yeah, you brought up a very good point. Why would anyone object to an AD that doubles as a poet laureate ???

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: zane on November 08, 2017, 01:52:36 pm

What happened to the haiku threads?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 08, 2017, 12:04:12 pm
Willie Hordge is coming on staff as speed developer.
Well I sure wish he'd "speed himself" up here cause except for TJ we're lacking it pretty badly.

thebignasty

Quote from: Wildhog on November 08, 2017, 11:56:13 am

gimme Kane Whitehurst
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

St. Hogustine

Other than becoming some sort of Mythological figure, wasn't Vin's major Razorback accomplishment writing us a poem about how much he loved/respected the Hogs???  Maybe he's had this plan in motion all along.  His dreams were beyond our dreams...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: St. Hogustine on November 08, 2017, 08:35:41 pm
Other than becoming some sort of Mythological figure, wasn't Vin's major Razorback accomplishment writing us a poem about how much he loved/respected the Hogs???  Maybe he's had this plan in motion all along.  His dreams were beyond our dreams...

Not sure if that qualifies him for AD, but he's definitely the front runner for head coach!

Razorbackers

Quote from: St. Hogustine on November 08, 2017, 08:35:41 pm

Yes, and it was without a doubt the hardest I've cringed in my life lol

thebignasty

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 09, 2017, 08:16:49 am
Yes, and it was without a doubt the hardest I've cringed in my life lol

I felt for the guy
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes