Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The offical "Show us your racks" thread.

Started by pioneerhog, May 09, 2006, 09:24:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneerhog

Quote from: Coondog Hog on December 23, 2006, 12:36:53 pm
You know that them coondogs never run any deer :P
A good one don't anyway. They don't run dillos, opposoms, or bobcats either, or well they aren't supposed to. I have heard of coondogs being shot for running the three I listed.

Now my dad has told me of a dog that my Great Grandpa had. He said it was one of the best dogs in the area but that if it ever got on a trail of a Mountain Lion that it was over for the night. He said that they was hunting one night and the dog took off on a couger trail. My Grandpa told my dad that they might as well leave because they wouldn't ever catch up to him, so they put out some dogfood and went to the house. My Grandpa went back a couple of days later, the dog is usually back within 2 days, but the dog was still gone. He got to listening and could barely hear the dog off in the distance. Him and my dad followed his bark and finally found him halfway up a old dead hollowed out tree that was leaning at about a 30 degree angle. Turns out that the dog got after a couger and had chased it into this hollowed out tree. They smoked it out but between trying to hold onto the dog and the brush they couldn't get a shot at it. The dog was a few miles from where they lost it and was very weak, they don't think it had even had a drink since it got after the cat. I always found this as a interesting story about a coondog so I thought I would share it with you.

ConcreteHog

My son's (9 yrs old) buck...80 yrds w/no rest...7mm-08....

Don't post much...hope I do this right

razorhead69

Boy I almost posted Redhots juggies until I realized this wasn't the Tavern.

razorback4ever

Quote from: Beau McCastlain on June 05, 2006, 07:01:26 pm
This might be my favorite hogville thread ever.  When I managed to get away from the station, you can find me in the woods.  I got both of these delta bucks at my family's farm in Holly Grove.

Damn fine Buck there Beau. Guess your not just a talking head after all :)

I've got to get a digital camera. I've got some nice ones, but no way to post pics of them.

Whiskey River

Here is the one I killed last October. 16pt that grossed 176 5/8 and had a net score of 157 5'8.
This species has amused itself to death...

clifflee4mvp

beautiful buck there WR........where'd you get him at?
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Whiskey River

This species has amused itself to death...

clifflee4mvp

I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

pioneerhog

Quote from: mrp on October 15, 2007, 11:44:04 pm
fresh from friday bow kills

a before pic

I would have let it go and grow another year.

If you believe that I got some swamp land I will make you a heck of a deal on.

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: mrp on October 15, 2007, 11:44:04 pm
fresh from friday bow kills

a before pic

Looks like another one in that one picture.  What's the story with it?
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

firejunky

A closed mouth gathers no feet.

firejunky

November 03, 2007, 10:35:49 am #61 Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:58:36 pm by firejunky
A closed mouth gathers no feet.

clifflee4mvp

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

clifflee4mvp

this one was taken at our deer camp on opening morning. My buddy Chris killed him.

clifflee4mvp

My uncle Mike killed this young 8 point this morning at our camp in Camden.

LSUFan

LSUFan

ArrowsATC

Here are the pictures of my 8pt from Sun morning.... 22" main beam    9 1/2 g2  19" inside spread

RedRiverHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
Then I luuuuuvs the dick.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

clifflee4mvp

This is my cousin Aaron. He's a few years older than me and the only thing he had killed until this season was a button buck back in 04. He finally got Ole split toe! I'm so happy for him.

Aaron

My cousin Amy

LSUFan

Where do they live?

Was he huntin' in his back yard? ;D

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: LSUFan on November 14, 2007, 07:25:41 am
Where do they live?

Was he huntin' in his back yard? ;D

can't remember the name of it, cause they just moved there

Brand X Hog Fan

November 14, 2007, 08:55:41 pm #73 Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:01:26 pm by Seahawk4ever
Mrs. Seahawk shot this 9 pointer today at dusk. Her first Deer!!!!!! The nub is 1 1/4 inches BTW. 13 3/4" spread.

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

clifflee4mvp

congrats Mrs. Seahawk! Trying to get my sweetie her first one as well!

pioneerhog

Congrat to Mrs Seahawk. My brother in law killed his first deer and he is in his 30's. None of his family hunted but he always wanted to, so he didn't hunt much til him and my sister got together. His was a nice 11 point, I will try and get my sister to email me some pics of it.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Taylor, Arkansas................17 point    22 1/4 spread.

We don't rent pigs

Albert Einswine

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 18, 2007, 02:03:52 pm

WOW!  How about some more pictures of this brute from different angles?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 18, 2007, 02:36:41 pm
Quote from: wayne1958 on November 18, 2007, 02:03:52 pm

WOW!  How about some more pictures of this brute from different angles?

We don't rent pigs

Amityvillehogger

I don't even want to post my pictures now because the monster above makes him look tiny...:)
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Brand X Hog Fan

November 19, 2007, 07:02:44 pm #81 Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 07:04:31 pm by Seahawk4ever
Holy SHIITE Wayne! Your niece got that one? Did she have it scored? I think whomever that was thet shot that one is on my team in the tournament. ;D!!

That is a nice deer! Is it going on the wall?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

pioneerhog

I have known of several big deer killed in this area, a 26 inch spread, a 22 incher, a 21 3/4 incher just to name a few.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on November 19, 2007, 07:02:44 pm
Holy SHIITE Wayne! Your niece got that one? Did she have it scored? I think whomever that was thet shot that one is on my team in the tournament. ;D!!

Not related.  She is a friend of my daughter.
We don't rent pigs

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 20, 2007, 01:31:00 pm

well tell your daughter to tell her friend that I hate her! ;)

LSUFan

What did this deer score?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: LSUFan on November 20, 2007, 01:49:37 pm

I'll talk with my daughter tonight and find out.
We don't rent pigs

silverhawg

no rack to display, but my 13 yr old son finally got to get a deer. Last weekend killed a doe outside of ozark...field dressed at 102...he's still walking on air....now he's ready to horn hunt.

Wayne Watson

Congrats to him!  I remember my first one!
We don't rent pigs

rbbarker

My sister killed this  4 &1/2 ft. long Coon Tail ,He had 10 & a button, last sat. Same area I hunt. Man, its been TOO HOT down here...This will make ya think when ur walking thru the woods... My cousin killed this 8 point last week...Here's my 10 point.(The pic with the old guy)
de NUTT ed

pioneerhog

Here is a pic of my brother in laws buck he got.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

LSUFan

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 22, 2007, 12:32:13 am

ty sir

pigfeet

Hammibal Lecter

December 03, 2007, 06:36:21 pm #94 Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:37:58 pm by Terminuttor
on a slow duck day last week we put the sneak on these by walking down a deep dry ditch for about a quarter mile, never knew we were there! killed 26 with 9 shots (they were thick!)
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

LSUFan

Quote from: Terminuttor on December 03, 2007, 06:36:21 pm
on a slow duck day last week we put the sneak on these by walking down a deep dry ditch for about a quarter mile, never knew we were there! killed 26 with 9 shots (they were thick!)

Does a duck have a rack? NO!

This is the "Show Us Your Racks Thread"!

Now, waddle your ass on out of here MISTER!

;)

Hammibal Lecter

my bad lsu I could have swore I saw "or other hunting photos"
i don't goat...errr...deer hunt much so I had to throw something up there!!

Hahaha :)

LSUFan

Quote from: Terminuttor on December 03, 2007, 08:44:10 pm
my bad lsu I could have swore I saw "or other hunting photos"
i don't goat...errr...deer hunt much so I had to throw something up there!!

Hahaha :)
LOL

It's all good my brotha, I was just ribbin you a little bit.

Huntin dem duck is pretty fun!

Hammibal Lecter

HuntnHog

6 pt with 19" inside spread taken with a bow on Ft Chaffee 3 years ago.