Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 06, 2024, 12:34:38 am

Is Mike Anderson a Elite Coach?

Started by Busta_Nutt, March 23, 2018, 09:44:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Busta_Nutt

He's on the cusp, IMO. I think if he were at a "basketball school", such as Duke, Syracuse, Michigan, or Kansas, he would be one in a matter of no time.

nonoffensiveposter

No. 1 Ncaa tourney win in 7 years at Arkansas is not elite.

Deep Shoat

Is this a real question?

Or just a bad troll attempt?
All Gas, No Brakes!

txkhog

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on March 23, 2018, 09:44:27 pm
He's on the cusp, IMO. I think if he were at a "basketball school", such as Duke, Syracuse, Michigan, or Kansas, he would be one in a matter of no time

That's funny I don't care who you are...😂

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 23, 2018, 09:46:43 pm
Is this a real question?

Or just a bad troll attempt?

Yes.

He had a .661 winning percentage and took the Big 12 Missouri Tigers to a Elite 8, and the Big 12 is a far superior basketball conference. Mizzou has a better pipeline to pull from when it comes to basketball and I think if he had stayed he could have made Mizzou a basketball powerhouse, which leads me to believe that if he were at a true "basketball school" he could be a elite coach.

Gonzo

Not even close.

Yes, the Hogs could do worse, but he's not close to being a difference maker, as elite coaches are.

Go Hogs!

Gonzo

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on March 23, 2018, 09:54:57 pm
Yes.

He had a .661 winning percentage and took the Big 12 Missouri Tigers to a Elite 8, and the Big 12 is a far superior basketball conference. Mizzou has a better pipeline to pull from when it comes to basketball and I think if he had stayed he could have made Mizzou a basketball powerhouse, which leads me to believe that if he were at a true "basketball school" he could be a elite coach.

Elite coaches don't have to be at the "right" program to be elite.

Go Hogs!

RazorPiggie

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on March 23, 2018, 09:54:57 pm
Yes.

Yes, he should go to a true basketball school.  His mentor did just that.  MA needs to find a job like Nolan had so he could demonstrate that he too is an elite coach.

bvillepig

Anderson's worst move was coming to Arkansas.  Before Arkansas he was in the top 25 active winningest coach in the NCAA tourney.  He would have made a deep run the next year if he had stayed at Missouri with the players he had coming back. I like Mike as a person and coach but not to the point where he comes before the Hogs.

I think most of us who like Mike fall into that category because it has not been proven that our admin will go after another Hall of Fame type coach. Therefore until he flat fails we had just as soon stay with what we know instead of taking a chance on another Pelphry or Heath.

Gonzo

Kinda curious why this got trashed, seemed like a pretty tame interaction by HV standards.

Go Hogs!

RME

Quote from: Gonzo on March 23, 2018, 10:38:46 pm
Kinda curious why this got trashed, seemed like a pretty tame interaction by HV standards.

Go Hogs!

Hogivlle Mods and Admins have a shtick to uphold.