Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 23 THREAD: #4 Arkansas (16-5, 3-0 SEC) @ #2 Florida (19-4, 2-1 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 22, 2018, 07:23:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Through 4 SEC games, McFarland is the only regular without a HR and Martin and Fletcher are the only other ones with 2 HRs.  We have hit 15 HRs and have scored 45 runs so far in SEC play.

PorcineSublime

Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

bokid12

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 23, 2018, 08:41:11 pm

6                        FINAL                 3

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Arkansas        0| 3 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | -  |  6  |  10 | 0  | 7   
Florida            0| 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | -  |  3  |  7  | 1  | 8   

Not to be a jerk, but your box score is missing a Florida run.  Just sayin', doesn't matter.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 23, 2018, 08:38:34 pm
Someone has given me over 600 negative karmas since they turned it back on. Razorback#1 advises me that the same thing has started happening to him. It appears we are the victims of a psychotic negative karma stalker.
That's one dedicated negative karma stalker right there.

Bacons Rebellion

Boarcephus

I appreciate you guys.  Baseball was easy for me to play but agonizing to watch and even harder to listen to.  Once the game starts, I check in here every 5 minute or so and get my baseball fix.  You guys do a super job.  Keep it up and great win by the hogs!
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

tennesseehogwild

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: bokid12 on March 23, 2018, 08:47:57 pm
Not to be a jerk, but your box score is missing a Florida run.  Just sayin', doesn't matter.
Your not being a jerk. Thanks for helping me out. I corrected it. No excuses here other than, well darn, there are damn excuses. Thanks for the correction. +1
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Deep Shoat

WPS!

And I'm guessing the negative karma stalker is somebody who doesn't like not being a jerk in game threads.
All Gas, No Brakes!

rljjr

Bama walks in the winning run in the bottom of the 9th. Tenner wins 5-4. The 2-2 pitch was a NO DOUBT strike called a ball. It's unbelievable. Good for Tenner winning though.

Rockhawg

Another outing by Campbell tomorrow like he threw last Saturday and we will be looking Hogtastic.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 23, 2018, 08:39:35 pm
Great call Pocono! Worth getting up for.
JHicks.  My recommendation for Kahvalti (breakfast) in Istanbul is Sutis Emrigan.  Ask for a seat overlooking the river.....tell them Alan sent you......

JHicks3636

Hog pitching struck out 14 Gators including Maldonado 4 times to allow him to wear the Golden Sombrero. They hit .206 as a team against our hurlers tonight. Fielders did their jobs as we had no errors.

JHicks3636

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on March 23, 2018, 08:58:34 pm
JHicks.  My recommendation for Kahvalti (breakfast) in Istanbul is Sutis Emrigan.  Ask for a seat overlooking the river.....tell them Alan sent you......
I'll try and do that. Thanks. Breakfast is included at my hotel but I'm sure by next Friday I will need a change of pace.

Maddhog

Someone has given me over 600 negative karmas since they turned it back on. Razorback#1 advises me that the same thing has started happening to him. It appears we are the victims of a psychotic negative karma stalker.

Do you have an ex-wife?   :)
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

pigture perfect

I've gotten quite a few as well. I'm thinking that it's people who are offended by the EI faithful.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pudgepork

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on March 23, 2018, 08:45:01 pm
Have to help my sister in law move tomorrow.  DVR set.  Should be able to join the game thread again on Sunday.

Take it to them tomorrow Hogs!!!

Pics?  Uh, asking for a friend

pigture perfect

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 23, 2018, 09:00:51 pm
I'll try and do that. Thanks. Breakfast is included at my hotel but I'm sure by next Friday I will need a change of pace.
My oldest daughter and husband are moving to Istanbul next month.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Knot2brite

I only get to jump in and out of here due to work. Had to put semester grades in today and worked on a field all day...finally getting to slow down. Had the game on at the field house while I was working. We pitched very well tonight and had some extremely good timely hitting. If this team will field at a high percentage and keep swinging it like they are...they will go far. Let's get them tomorrow....while I am at a softball tournament...so glad when spring break is over so I can go back to work to slow down
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HighcountryHog

Way to go Hogs!  Bats weren't completely there tonight, but the pitching was fantastic.
no bumps, no fat chicks

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 23, 2018, 09:01:09 pm
I've gotten quite a few as well. I'm thinking that it's people who are offended by the EI faithful.

It's ok. There are some who don't understand or appreciate the civility of the EI board.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Knot2brite

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 23, 2018, 09:01:09 pm
I had several for a week or so but it could be because I speak out too much...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

rljjr

Strange game in many ways. If you had told me our starting 4 in the lineup would have been 2 for 18 and we would win I might have balked. Conversely, if you'd told me Knight would go 6.2 and have 10Ks and give up 2 runs I might not have believed you.

Tomorrow I'm hoping we can get the entire lineup in a good groove at the plate and have continued good pitching.

Florida is pretty salty. I love competitive baseball and it's even sweeter to beat Florida.

TebowHater

Outstanding game thread! Thanks so much, shame I had to miss this one but was great to read through it here. +1

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: Pudgepork on March 23, 2018, 09:01:19 pm

Pics?  Uh, asking for a friend
Pics of me sweating or of my sister in law?  Just to be clear of where this is going...... ;)

Pudgepork

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on March 23, 2018, 09:22:04 pm
Pics of me sweating or of my sister in law?  Just to be clear of where this is going...... ;)

Sis in law   pics of her sweating are OK as long as she's under 200

dkhogfan

BroyledNutts

Really great to see the guys come out tonight focused and ready. I honestly think they were looking past UNCC. This was the one they wanted. Although it wasn't perfect, it was close enough. Great start to the weekend. Now we need the rest of the pen to match tonight's pitching intensity, and we need the top of the order to start producing. Those two things happen and this is a winnable series against an outstanding opponent.

I've always enjoyed the series with Florida - mostly because I respect what O'Sullivan does down there. If ever there was a need for a head coach at Baum, he would be my choice. We also seem to be closely matched in most seasons, and it makes for 3 really entertaining games.

Woo Pig.

THIS. IS. BASEBALL.

YtownHog

I may be making something out of nothing, but I love Cronin turning around and emphatically showing celebration toward the Florida player on 2nd.  You would have thought he won the game the way he acted with his double.  I know players show emotion to fire up the dugout, but I thought his was way over the top to be down 6-3 with one out already. 

Awesome start, I was just hoping for 3-3 coming out of these first two series.  Kind of playing with house money the next two days!

Baconomics

Unless LSU sweeps Vanderbilt in Nashville this weekend (not gonna happen), we are guaranteed to be no worse than tied for first in the West after starting the season against arguably the 2 best from the East.  Great start.

razCzar

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on March 23, 2018, 09:22:04 pm

Classic...  YES
        :-\
Subtility... NO

War Boar

Thanks for this. On days I can't watch it's usually enjoyable to be able to go back and read this thread. Go Hogs!!!

Jaxhog

Quote from: YtownHog on March 23, 2018, 10:28:11 pm
I may be making something out of nothing, but I love Cronin turning around and emphatically showing celebration toward the Florida player on 2nd.  You would have thought he won the game the way he acted with his double.  I know players show emotion to fire up the dugout, but I thought his was way over the top to be down 6-3 with one out already. 

Awesome start, I was just hoping for 3-3 coming out of these first two series.  Kind of playing with house money the next two days!

Nice catch!  It dates back to their HS days in the Florida panhandle.  See linked article.
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/apr/13/arkansas-signee-tosses-perfect-game/

YtownHog

HogFoo

Quote from: YtownHog on March 23, 2018, 10:28:11 pm

i was just telling my friend after the game that i really liked Cronins attitude. He had his "stuff" going, and his stuff was better than Florida.  Him blowing away the last batter is what i liked the most.  Hopefully we can win the series tomorrow and be talking about the possibility of going for the sweep Sunday.  Id love to see Campbell blow these dudes away tomorrow!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

razCzar

Quote from: Jaxhog on March 23, 2018, 11:32:21 pm
Nice catch!  It dates back to their HS days in the Florida panhandle.  See linked article.
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/apr/13/arkansas-signee-tosses-perfect-game/
Super find.  Love these kind of backgrounds on our players.
It makes rooting for him all the better.

Dirty

Quote from: Jaxhog on March 23, 2018, 11:32:21 pm

I forgot we got this kid out of Florida's backyard.  Did he have a offer from them gators?

Arkamedes

Great pop Pocono! I felt like I was listening live! Woo Pig!!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes