Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Win tonight HUGE for our SOS

Started by Hogs49ers, November 23, 2017, 08:56:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

The difference this win tonight will have in our year end SOS is huge!  By winning tonight, we are going to play UNC and likely either Michigan State or Oregon (I think Oregon will take over in the 2nd half, if not then obviously UConn would be pretty good win too) rather than playing Portland and either DePaul or UConn.
SCREW Vandy!

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

AugustaHog

Beating UNC would be one hell of a feather in our caps.  Win or lose, we get more out of that game than we do spanking Portland.  I'd love to get MSU in the title game.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 23, 2017, 09:05:10 pm
Beating UNC would be one hell of a feather in our caps.  Win or lose, we get more out of that game than we do spanking Portland.  I'd love to get MSU in the title game.

Yah I completely agree, going 1-2 vs OU, UNC, and Mich St/Oregon would be better than going 2-1 vs OU, Portland, and UConn/DePaul
SCREW Vandy!

Tony Perkis

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 23, 2017, 09:09:07 pm
Yah I completely agree, going 1-2 vs OU, UNC, and Mich St/Oregon would be better than going 2-1 vs OU, Portland, and UConn/DePaul

I agree, everything else in this tournament is icing on the cake.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

cj_sez

This was a grand game. Big relief after such a dismal football season. Nice to be able to anticipate some success.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 23, 2017, 09:12:12 pm
I agree, everything else in this tournament is icing on the cake.

Agree, a good place to see where we stand and get some good video and practice material against the elite!  Win/win at this point! Obviously I will still be upset and have a terrible weekend if we lose haha.  What do y'all think the spread will be tomorrow?  I feel like it will open around 6, but UNC and casual basketball fans will push it to 8ish and if they do, I will probably bet a pretty penny on Hogs +7.5 or more tomorrow.
SCREW Vandy!

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 23, 2017, 09:14:42 pm
Agree, a good place to see where we stand and get some good video and practice material against the elite!  Win/win at this point! Obviously I will still be upset and have a terrible weekend if we lose haha.  What do y'all think the spread will be tomorrow?  I feel like it will open around 6, but UNC and casual basketball fans will push it to 8ish and if they do, I will probably bet a pretty penny on Hogs +7.5 or more tomorrow.
I bet it will on the north side of that.

Hogeye_Pierce

Double digit NC line at least by game time. Heck, OU was 3 points better than us according to the experts.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 23, 2017, 09:14:42 pm

Same here man. I will be pissed as hell if we lose tomorrow but the team has done what they needed to do in this tournament already. I expect the to be some where around NC -11. I don't get on the Hogs, I just can't bring myself to get against them and they never win when I bet on them.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Hogs49ers

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 23, 2017, 09:52:38 pm
Same here man. I will be pissed as hell if we lose tomorrow but the team has done what they needed to do in this tournament already. I expect the to be some where around NC -11. I don't get on the Hogs, I just can't bring myself to get against them and they never win when I bet on them.

Yah most definitely.  Man, this UConn Oregon game is really a great game right now! 60-60 with 3 minutes left, lot of hustle play, who would y'all rather play?  I figured it would be better if Oregon moved on.
SCREW Vandy!

popcornhog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 23, 2017, 08:56:22 pm
The difference this win tonight will have in our year end SOS is huge!  By winning tonight, we are going to play UNC and likely either Michigan State or Oregon (I think Oregon will take over in the 2nd half, if not then obviously UConn would be pretty good win too) rather than playing Portland and either DePaul or UConn.

Absolutely. We should all be very excited right now. This basketball team is actually keeping my mind off of football, which is much needed.
WPS

rwspear

Quote from: popcornhog on November 23, 2017, 10:57:07 pm
Absolutely. We should all be very excited right now. This basketball team is actually keeping my mind off of football, which is much needed.

why would your mind be on football? the season is over and the program is dead in the water for at least another season.

its basketball season, and we have a really good team.  i wish wed stop treating the basketball program like its just an off season hobby for the fans.

TexArkHogFan

According to CBS our RPI jumped to 20.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

TexArkHogFan

It helps our SOS even if we lose.  UConn beat Oregon, so Mich State in the final is not a given.  We could up playing UConn even if we win today.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Atlhogfan1

Plus B12 rpis have been inflated so it will pay off even more. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.