Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a win .these Higd just beat OU and the refs

Started by forrest city joe, November 23, 2017, 06:25:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Dirty

They called two on Gafford that was BS!  On the block shot and then a rebound late in the game.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ishankem on November 23, 2017, 07:14:25 pm
HV worries too much about the refs

This s make me wonder if you ever played the game.  Wouldn't you think it would be statistically impossible for one team to get every out of bounds call? 

Tony Perkis

Oklahoma is good. That'll be a tournament team. I don't think we played nearly as complete of a game as we are capable of.

Bigfoot

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 23, 2017, 07:26:47 pm
I'm convinced 9/10ths of basketball officials come from Kentucky and North Carolina.

LOL

It does seem that way.

daprospecta

Tony Perkis

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 23, 2017, 07:22:44 pm

Gafford, I'm afraid is improving at such a rate that I am afraid he will become a one and done.
If he does he'll get drafted. But, staying an extra year could improve his stock to top 10-15.

Sapperhog

Had to DVR the game and I'm pumped to watch it, but a quick look at the stats for me show we shot 13 more FTs and were called for 5 fewer fouls. Were the refs really that poor??

forrest city joe

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 23, 2017, 07:16:53 pm
Agree Joe as a former basketball official I can tell you we didn't get any 50-50 calls. IMO lack of respect but I was proud of how Mike stood up for his team. We would have beaten them by 20 if the calls were equal. I am in Hog Heaven I live in Oklahoma and I hate OU!!!
That's what i am talking about.they got every 50/50 call.and got away with a lot of BS.all the while they were calling tounce foulds on the hogs.and giving OU every top ball that went out of bounds.they were a joke. but our coaches and player found a way to win anyway.so proud of them.

jvanhorn

Quote from: la20688 on November 23, 2017, 06:31:03 pm
I agree on the great win. However, I didn't have much of a problem with the refs. Sure they missed a few here and there, but I'll take that kind of flow every night. If we get refs that let us play like that every game, we're gonna have some fun this year.

I don't know where the refs are from but they play in Portland, right.  I can't imagine anyone from Oregon giving a good crap about Oklahoma or Arkansas.

la20688

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 23, 2017, 06:42:32 pm
Missed a few here and there? are you freaking kidding me! they gave OU almost every call. and let them get away with a lot of no calls. they were a freaking joke!i don't know how the Hogs overcame their BS and won,but they did.our players and coaches did a heck of a job.o love it.GO HOGS.
We shot 33 FTs to their 20. They had 24 fouls called on them to our 19. I agree the refs missed a few, which is gonna happen. So no, I'm not freaking kidding you! That's exactly the type of game we want. With those kind of numbers, we will when a game like that almost every time. GO HOGS!

jvanhorn

Tomorrow may be different.  I think OU plays Portland.  They probably won't get any more close calls in their favor.  Arkansas plays North Carolina and it will probably be more of the same because, lets face it, North Carolina has the reputation.

MGB1229

My favorite was when the OU guy plowed into and forearmed blasted our guy to the ground and then buried a three.

forrest city joe

Quote from: elksnort on November 23, 2017, 07:29:52 pm
it's what they do
And with good reason.i m sick of these BS screw jobs the refs give Arkansas. it cost us a win over UNC in the NCAA last year. these refs were pure garbage.

jvanhorn

Quote from: MGB1229 on November 23, 2017, 07:49:40 pm
My favorite was when the OU guy plowed into and forearmed blasted our guy to the ground and then buried a three.

That can't be right!  I thought basketball was a non contact sport.  LOL.

Letsroll1200

The refs missed calls on both ends. I thought the game was called well. It might be a different story tomorrow.

ThisTeetsTaken

OU has a really good collection of players.  Long, athletic.  Going to be really good down the stretch.  Hogs got a great win tonight IMO.  Let's get some payback on UNC!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 23, 2017, 07:56:52 pm
The refs missed calls on both ends. I thought the game was called well. It might be a different story tomorrow.
You can think what you want. i know what my eyes saw.they gave OU every 50/50 call. it was sickening to watch.that's why this win feels so good.Hogs beat the refs too.LOVE IT!

Knot2brite

From the 7:50 mark until about the 2:30 mark in the second half the Hogs were not receiving the benefit of the doubt. Oklahoma was too tired to take advantage of it and made more than a couple of mistakes and we capitalized on them. The officials were not good but they didn't decide this game. The fact that our kids were very tired as well but were able to keep the intensity is what won the game
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

FineAsSwine

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 23, 2017, 08:01:23 pm
You can think what you want. i know what my eyes saw.they gave OU every 50/50 call. it was sickening to watch.that's why this win feels so good.Hogs beat the refs too.LOVE IT!

The powers that be want to see UNC vs Michigan State in the championship game. Hogs gonna have to fight through the bs calls and pull this one out cause there is an agenda afoot. Hogs need to upset the apple cart. ESPN is secretly rooting against us.
Hogs up! Covid down!

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HogFoo

Well so far, the season is going about as well as I i ha predicted. I didn't think we'd blow out our first two teams like that, but I figured we'd win.  I had us predicted to face UNC and get a chance at revenge.  Tomorrows game is going to be great.  I don't know if we'll win, but got damn if we can. This team is much further a long than I thought theyd be.  They are playing well together so early in the season. I really didn5 expect them to be this gell until midseason.  But, hot damn, they are!  I thought Thomas looked good.  He definitely is much quicker than last season. And just adds to the team depth.    This team is good and getting better.   When Gafford shot that deep one and swish, I was like holy crap!  If he can hit that consistently, he really will be a 1 &done and very high pick!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

elksnort

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 23, 2017, 07:49:55 pm
And with good reason.i m sick of these BS screw jobs the refs give Arkansas. it cost us a win over UNC in the NCAA last year. these refs were pure garbage.
set yourself up for the situation tomorrow then.   
By the way how are you handling the football basketball situation tomorrow?

HawgWild

I thought we looked pretty good tonight. Going to be a good year. WPS

Letsroll1200

The refs definitely didn't decide the game. I'm hoping we can get to the free throw line early and often against UNC. Good win!

Bogghawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 23, 2017, 06:43:22 pm
Oklahoma down North Carolina to go. #EarnRespect is underway.
Oklahoma down, North Carolina and Michigan State to go.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Kneph13

There is no Political Correctness in war

HouSwine

BigoBoys

Team looks good.  I've been saying for years that we some thick players.  These guys looked chiseled and are very athletic.  Hope they all stay healthy.  WPS!

MissippHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 23, 2017, 06:25:34 pm
Great win by our players and coaches.the Hogs were playing 5 on 8,with these BS refs.and they still found a way to win this game.hats off to our players and coaches on a big win. the big guy Gafford is flatout unreal.the sky is the limit for this talented young man.WPS----------------GO HOGS.the hell with the refs,and ESPN.
Great win but I'd bet my Thanksgiving turkey that the officials will be worse tomorrow.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rwspear on November 23, 2017, 07:00:39 pm
yeah i enjoyed watching all the replays too.

oh wait, no i didnt, because ESPN didnt show hog replays or highlights tonight.
No worries. WarMachine gotcha covered... ;)
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ifghog on November 23, 2017, 07:25:41 pm
Refs were fine. We want that kind of officiated game. We foul  a lot. I am a big homer and thought the refs did just fine.
It wasn't about the fouls. It was about the other 50/50 calls.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ishankem on November 23, 2017, 07:14:25 pm
HV worries too much about the refs
HV can worry about the refs all it wants. As long as the players and coaches don't let it affect them.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 23, 2017, 07:29:45 pm
Gafford is alot better than I anticipated. He looks like a different player. I'm impressed with the work of this staff.
I'm not gone lie. He's a lot better than I thought he would be also. Especially at this point. Skies the limit for this kid. I didn't know he could see the floor as well as he can and was such a good passer. He also has a soft touch around the basket. Not just a dunker. Had a nice touch on the baseline jumper also. I admit, even I'm a little bit surprised by his game.

forrest city joe

Quote from: elksnort on November 23, 2017, 08:15:38 pm
set yourself up for the situation tomorrow then.   
By the way how are you handling the football basketball situation tomorrow?
will be watching both.2 TV in same room.we are pitiful in football right now,but i still love the program. just glad that change is on the way.basketball is outstanding and fun right now.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Dirty on November 23, 2017, 07:29:56 pm
They called two on Gafford that was BS!  On the block shot and then a rebound late in the game.
Yep, on the rebound Gafford had the ball and Lattin was holding his arm.

hawgball40

They were giving OU every call for most of the game... Then towards the end of the game they started giving horrible calls to OU as well. the two fouls they called on us were after the shot. I was snooping OU boards and they were pissed but also acknowledged the horrible officiating seemed to be going both ways. I agree though, OU got away with alot of fouls and hacky play. Didn't matter though, Mike Anderson and his Runnin Razorbacks ran OU back to the dustbowl.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Sapperhog on November 23, 2017, 07:41:03 pm
Had to DVR the game and I'm pumped to watch it, but a quick look at the stats for me show we shot 13 more FTs and were called for 5 fewer fouls. Were the refs really that poor??
It wasn't the fouls it was the fact that they got every out of bounds call and every close foul call. If it was in doubt they got the call. Not to mention the fact they starting fouling toward the end because they were behind.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 23, 2017, 09:49:29 pm
They were giving OU every call for most of the game... Then towards the end of the game they started giving horrible calls to OU as well. the two fouls they called on us were after the shot. I was snooping OU boards and they were pissed but also acknowledged the horrible officiating seemed to be going both ways. I agree though, OU got away with alot of fouls and hacky play. Didn't matter though, Mike Anderson and his Runnin Razorbacks ran OU back to the dustbowl.
Bingo!+1000

rude1

Free throw attempts: Ar. 30, OU 20. Total fouls: Ar. 19, OU 24. If the Refs keep screwing us like this, we will have a chance in every game this season.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HogFoo on November 23, 2017, 08:12:31 pm
Well so far, the season is going about as well as I i ha predicted. I didn't think we'd blow out our first two teams like that, but I figured we'd win.  I had us predicted to face UNC and get a chance at revenge.  Tomorrows game is going to be great.  I don't know if we'll win, but got damn if we can. This team is much further a long than I thought theyd be.  They are playing well together so early in the season. I really didn5 expect them to be this gell until midseason.  But, hot damn, they are!  I thought Thomas looked good.  He definitely is much quicker than last season. And just adds to the team depth.    This team is good and getting better.   When Gafford shot that deep one and swish, I was like holy crap!  If he can hit that consistently, he really will be a 1 &done and very high pick!
Looks like Thomas has lost some weight as well. He had a blow by or two.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Bogghawg on November 23, 2017, 08:31:12 pm
Oklahoma down, North Carolina and Michigan State to go.
Lol, one at a time my friend, one at a time.

SPAL

Quote from: Fan701 on November 23, 2017, 06:27:51 pm
Call me a homer but I don't think Arkansas had one call go their way.  It seemed the refs were doing everything in their power to keep OU in it.

You were probably watching as a blind homer.

1. Gafford slam was in the cylinder.
2. Young was fouled on a made 3/no call then we get Macon a foul on a 3.
3. Several early no calls on what could have been called fouls.
4. I think we shot more free throws

That's off the top of my head. They got away with some stuff but so did we. I just wish we could enjoy the forum without some ref nonsense .

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rude1 on November 23, 2017, 09:54:07 pm
Free throw attempts: Ar. 30, OU 20. Total fouls: Ar. 19, OU 24. If the Refs keep screwing us like this, we will have a chance in every game this season.
How many of those fouls were intentional fouls at the end because they were behind? I'm starting to think some of you guys really don't know much about basketball. Stats don't always tell the full story.

Gonzo

Hogs 19 PF, OU 24 PF
Hogs 33 FT, OU 20 FT

Watched the game at brother's house before coming up to Fayetteville. Felt like the refs weren't a big factor while watching, and the stats don't really seem to back up an OU bias to me, but that's just one man's opinion I guess.

What I did take away from the game, along with the two on the tube last week, is thiis team seems to be the closest thing we've seen to the glory years in ages. I'll mist the game tomorrow due to being at the football game, but I'm excited o see how this team performs tomorrow and going forward.

Go Hogs!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 23, 2017, 09:59:18 pm
You were probably watching as a blind homer.

1. Gafford slam was in the cylinder.
2. Young was fouled on a made 3/no call then we get Macon a foul on a 3.
3. Several early no calls on what could have been called fouls.
4. I think we shot more free throws

That's off the top of my head. They got away with some stuff but so did we. I just wish we could enjoy the forum without some ref nonsense .
It's a forum. We can talk about whatever we want.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Gonzo on November 23, 2017, 09:59:55 pm
Hogs 19 PF, OU 24 PF
Hogs 33 FT, OU 20 FT

Watched the game at brother's house before coming up to Fayetteville. Felt like the refs weren't a big factor while watching, and the stats don't really seem to back up an OU bias to me, but that's just one man's opinion I guess.

What I did take away from the game, along with the two on the tube last week, is thiis team seems to be the closest thing we've seen to the glory years in ages. I'll mist the game tomorrow due to being at the football game, but I'm excited o see how this team performs tomorrow and going forward.

Go Hogs!
Stats don't tell the full story. Oklahoma was fouling on purpose at the end because they were behind.

SPAL

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 23, 2017, 10:00:56 pm
It's a forum. We can talk about whatever we want.

Like I said....I wish we could ENJOY the forum without a bunch of nonsensical chatter about the refs. It's hard to enjoy a place when the chatter is as ridiculous as the refs were pitiful. You can talk about whatever you want, but it doesn't mean you're right.

Gonzo

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 23, 2017, 10:02:11 pm
Stats don't tell the full story. Oklahoma was fouling on purpose at the end because they were behind.

Yes they were.And if you take away about, oh, 5 or 6 PFs and 8-12 FTs for that, the totals would be practically even.  I consider that a pretty even game, and watching the game the eyetest told me about the same thing. Clearly you don't feel the same, ok.  One view is no more or no less valid than the other.

Go Hogs!