Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Search Your Soul and Tell Me Who The New HC Will Be.

Started by 12247, November 20, 2012, 05:17:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DSmithNPS

Jim

Quote from: HSHAWGTIME on November 20, 2012, 05:28:50 pm
Gundy. I'd be surprised if he's not announced.

+1.

Not for the quote but for the pic of Frankie.  :)

Hoggie17

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

BatesvilleHOG

irishman

BixbyHog

JL is bringing back Hootie and then giving us all the finger on the way out of town.

PorkSoda

Patterson most likely, but there is a good chance it will be someone out of left field that hasn't been discussed very much, for instance sarkisan
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HogPharmD

Steve Sarkisian- seems to be the consensus of those outside Arkansas and evidently we will be the last to know

fullfan

Quote from: bacon lover on November 20, 2012, 07:06:08 pm
Bill Cowher

^^^^^^^^^^^This.

You have been consistent on Cowher for a while.   Just a gut feeling or you hearing this from someone informed?

rickm1976

Mister Coach Klein.  He'll bring Jerry Reed back from the dead to serve as DC, and Bobby Bouche will be the new recruiting coordinator.

UCABear25

I really think it will be someone out of left field...

PorkSoda

Quote from: UCABear25 on November 21, 2012, 05:39:47 pm
I really think it will be someone out of left field...
as long as they aren't out of right field, we should be okay.  I used to play right field, so I should know that's where they put you when you probably shouldn't be on the field in the first place
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

silverandbluedc

Chris Petersen. All other names have been smokescreens and we land the guy that most aren't talking about. We pay him significantly more than he was making to lure him out of Boise.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Chollo

Hoping for Peterson or Gundy.

It's looking like Golden though.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Mrcoolhog55

I hate to be the one to burst your FRANKLIN BUBBLE, but he is not coming. He turned the Hogs down. Not interested. I am glad I did not want him-Hotheaded temper. I also think he showed some arrogance by refusing the job. Now in time he may be a good coach. But why stay at VANDY?? I wonder if he thinks he is too good to coach the Hogs??

Hawg Life

WBOBO

Clint Conque as HC and Monte Coleman as DC.  Just kiddin.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

rlreev01

It's simple logic.  We are on a building program and we donations in a tough economy.  Jerry Jones, Jim Lindsey. and John Tyson are big contributors and Butch Davis is their man and he is available and capable.  Reading the tea leaves, this makes most sense.

pignatious

Butch Davis. Hoping for one of the NFL guys, but I think he's got the backing, resume and local ties.
Freedom is never free.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: WBOBO on November 21, 2012, 09:00:47 pm
Clint Conque as HC and Monte Coleman as DC.  Just kiddin.

Conque's Team is 9-2 this season with their 2 losses being the following.

On the road at Ole Miss, a game that UCA led at Halftime and that didn't get decided until late in the 3rd Quarter when Ole Miss' FBS depth became the determining factor.

On the road at Stephen F. Austin, a game that was played in a downpour on a field that was basically a lake.  Also, Stephen F. Austin has a bigger Offensive Line than Alabama.  Despite the game being played in a downpour on a field that was basically a lake, and despite Stephen F. Austin having a bigger Offensive Line than Alabama, UCA still had a chance to win the game late in the 4th Quarter. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 22, 2012, 03:35:47 am
Also, Stephen F. Austin has a bigger Offensive Line than Alabama.   

Before anyone questions about Stephen F. Austin having a bigger Offensive Line than Alabama, here is the comparison.

2012 Alabama OL                                 2012 Stephen F. Austin OL

RT:  Fluker   Jr.   6-6  335 lbs.                  RT:  Dickerson   Sr.  6-9  320 lbs.

RG:  Steen   Jr.  6-4  315 lbs.                   RG:  Wright   Sr.  6-2  315 lbs.

C:  Jones   Sr.  6-5  310 lbs.                     C:  Neff   So.  6-4  323 lbs.

LG:  Warmack   Sr.  6-3  320 lbs.             LG:  Hall   Jr.  6-3  325 lbs.

LT:  C. Kouandjio   So.  6-7  322 lbs.        LT:  Ratliff   Jr.  6-5  320 lbs.

Total Weight:   1,602 lbs.                      Total Weight:   1,603 lbs.     

rzrbk4life

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 22, 2012, 04:09:40 am
Before anyone questions about Stephen F. Austin having a bigger Offensive Line than Alabama, here is the comparison.

2012 Alabama OL                                 2012 Stephen F. Austin OL

RT:  Fluker   Jr.   6-6  335 lbs.                  RT:  Dickerson   Sr.  6-9  320 lbs.

RG:  Steen   Jr.  6-4  315 lbs.                   RG:  Wright   Sr.  6-2  315 lbs.

C:  Jones   Sr.  6-5  310 lbs.                     C:  Neff   So.  6-4  323 lbs.

LG:  Warmack   Sr.  6-3  320 lbs.             LG:  Hall   Jr.  6-3  325 lbs.

LT:  C. Kouandjio   So.  6-7  322 lbs.        LT:  Ratliff   Jr.  6-5  320 lbs.

Total Weight:   1,602 lbs.                      Total Weight:   1,603 lbs.     

Wow. They def have some hosses up front
Let's call those hogs!!!!

GoHogs1091

November 22, 2012, 04:29:57 am #76 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 04:42:58 am by GoHogs1091
Quote from: rzrbk4life on November 22, 2012, 04:16:16 am
Wow. They def have some hosses up front

Not only is Stephen F. Austin's OL very big, they are very good run blockers.  The following is what Stephen F. Austin's Running Back rushed for against UCA.

Johnson   32 carries   215 yards   6.7 yards per carry   4 TDs   Long rush of 66 yards

Edit for additional information:  As I mentioned, UCA still had a chance to win that Stephen F. Austin game late in the 4th Quarter, but UCA lost by 5 points by a score of 42-37.   

hoggnthesec

Jim Mora has a 1 yr deal for 1.25 million. The job he's done at UCLA was impressive and he would be a homerun forsure .  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HogPharmD on November 21, 2012, 03:16:59 pm
Steve Sarkisian- seems to be the consensus of those outside Arkansas and evidently we will be the last to know

The problematic aspects as it concerns Sarkisian is what occurred in Washington's Bowl game against Baylor (Washington having a sieve Defense), and Washington losing badly this season to LSU.

Also, there is the aspect of whether or not Sarkisian could effectively recruit in this area of the nation. 

Just too many question marks surrounding Sarkisian. 

hoglady

Butch Davis has a much better resume than Franklin or Malzahn.
Doesn't make sense to me to turn your back on him to hire one of those 2.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

trashcan maN

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

BOAR_N2BWILD

I can deal with Gundy, Patterson, Petersen, Grden, Davis, Carroll, but I will NOT support the hiring of James Franklin. In terms of season tickets and "answering the call" I will be finished. That hire to me would show that this administration is not serious about the future of Razorback Football. Same for Strong or Tuberville.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

msh

Hawk

Petersen. Wouldn't have a problem with Patterson or Gundy either.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

axedawg

dc10x1103

Roadrunner

Quote from: HogPharmD on November 21, 2012, 03:16:59 pm

And his best record is 7-5. Great  :-\
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Hogwild

elviscat

JL, man will be Tommy the Tubb. He's a real winner. Wait a minute, it's Mark Dantonio Michigan State head coach, Jeff called and he took the job.