Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

defense stocks

Started by gotyacovered, November 15, 2016, 03:48:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

normally i find myself looking for edges in a different marketplace... but not today, playing with my ameritrade account. i am pretty confident i am going to pull the trigger on a few of these stocks... anyone have some good info on any of em???

couple that stuck out to me:
Ability (ABIL)
Wesco (WAIR)

http://investsnips.com/list-of-publicly-traded-small-cap-defense-companies/

QuoteAerospace

AAR Corp. (AIR) (Command and Control (C4) systems and airlift operations)

Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings, Inc. (AJRD) (Holding company: Military, civil and commercial aerospace systems and components; real estate, products and services for in-space propulsion)

Albany International Corporation (AIN) (Diversified: fabrics and belts; aircraft composite parts)

Astronics Corporation (ATRO) (Aerospace: automated test systems, electrical power, high performance lighting and avionics databus products)

ESCO Technologies Inc. (ESE) (Filtration and fluid control products to the aviation and space industries)

Esterline Technologies Corporation (ESL) (Commercial and military aircraft markets: avionics & controls, sensors &systems, advanced materials)

KLX Inc. (KLXI) (Commercial and military markets: fasteners, consumables and logistics services)

Moog Inc. (MOG.A) (Aerospace commercial and military markets: precision motion control products and systems)

Wesco Aircraft Holdings, Inc. (WAIR) (Distributors of aerospace products; supply chain management services)

Combat Training Systems: Small-Cap Stocks

Cubic Corporation (CUB) (Air and ground combat training systems, C4ISR Systems and cyber solutions)

Communications: Small-Cap Stocks

Comtech Telecommunications Corporation (CMTL) (Communications equipment used by the military and commercial markets)

Components: Small-Cap Stocks

Triumph Group, Inc. (TGI) (Aerospace commercial and military markets: aircraft components, accessories, subassemblies and systems)

Consulting Services, Training and Professional Services: Small-Cap Stocks

Engility Holdings Inc. (EGL) (Wide range of services to governmental agencies)

ManTech International Corporation (MANT) (Information technology and technical services to the U.S. government)

Cybersecurity: Small-Cap Stocks

KEYW Holding Corporation (The) (KEYW) (Cybersecurity products for defense, intelligence and governmental agencies)

Drones: Small-Cap Stocks

AeroVironment, Inc. (AVAV) (Military and commercial markets: unmanned aircraft systems and electric transportation products)

Helicopters: Small-Cap Stocks

Kaman Corporation (KAMN) (Helicopter service, systems, components and support; engineering design analysis, aircraft bearings and components; industrial distribution)

Spacecraft: Small-Cap Stocks

DigitalGlobe Inc. (DGI) (Operates remote sensing spacecraft and provides space imagery and data to defense and commercial markets)

Defense and Military: Micro-Cap Stocks

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (KTOS) (Command, control, communications, combat systems, cyber warfare, cybersecurity, electronic warfare and missile defense)

Micronet Enertec Technologies, Inc. (MICT) (Military computer-based systems for missile defense systems, command and control)

Rada Electronics Industries Limited (RADA) (Israel: military avionics systems, ground debriefing systems, mission and display computers, navigation systems, radars and weapon management systems)

Aerospace: Micro-Cap Stocks

Air Industries Group (AIRI) (Military and commercial markets: structural parts and assemblies)

CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (CVU) (Structural Aircraft Assemblies)

Erickson Incorporated (EAC) (Military and commercial markets: rotary-wing and fixed wing aircraft that can provide supply and logistics services for military forces, provide humanitarian relief)

Sypris Solutions, Inc. (SYPR) (Aerospace and defense electronics; products for trucking and oil and gas industries)

TAT Technologies Ltd. (TATT) (Israel: heat exchangers, cooling systems, air conditioning systems)

Tel-Instrument Electronics Corp. (TIK) (Avionic Test and Measurement Solutions)

Communications: Micro-Cap Stocks

Ability Inc. (ABIL) (Communications intelligence: interception, monitoring and cyber intelligence products)

Giga-tronics Incorporated (GIGA) (Commercial communications and defense markets: test and measurement instrumentation; signal switching products; microwave components and assemblies)

LRAD Corporation (LRAD) (Multiple markets: acoustic hailing devices)

Ultralife Corporation (ULBI) (Batteries and energy products; products and accessories designed to support military communication systems)

Components:  Micro-Cap Stocks

Ducommun Incorporated (DCO) (Military and commercial markets: components and assemblies)

LMI Aerospace, Inc. (LMIA) (Military and commercial markets: components, engineering and program management services, kits, metal fabrication and structural assemblies)

Cybersecurity and Identification: Micro-Cap Stocks

SuperCom Ltd (SPCB) (Israel: security and identification products used by a number of markets including smartcard and identification products for government markets)

Training and Simulation: Micro-Cap Stocks

Arotech Corporation (ARTX) (Training and simulation; batteries and charging systems)
You are what you tolerate.

HawgWild

My NUE, BAC & RF have certainly responded well to a Trump election.

BENTON PIGGEE

BigBrandonAllenFan

I would just buy a mutual fund like Fidelity Select Defense. You get a piece of most every one of those you listed and you take out the guess work of which is the going to be the better winner. Odds strongly favor, if the business is good it is good across the board. But one may rise 3 percent and the other may gain 25 percent. I'm happy with catching the average between all of them that the mutuals offer, to go along the markable lowered risk. 

George only here to help.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Actually though, the bus has already left the parking lot on defense funds/stocks.  It is a little too late to jump on board IMO.

See the graph>>  http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/fsdax