Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phoenix

Started by berryhog, November 11, 2012, 02:12:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollo

I was re-watching the final lap, any idea why Danica drove down the front stretch instead of into pit row? Other than her already obvious lack of talent.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Chollo on November 12, 2012, 09:18:42 am
That's awesome, how did you land that?

I had a lot of connections at some of the various teams.  I picked that one up at Roush headquarters.  My NASCAR buddy still maintains his connections pretty actively and I piggy back through him now.  He has an entire basement set up that looks like a museum.  I knocked it off when I ran out of room.  I got married and when we moved to a big, nice new house I haven't set up a big room like that one yet.  I have a stack of tires that came off Denny Hamlin's 2010 Martinsville win car, I have the full RCR set of Martinsville car sides from spring 2010, windows, and all kinds of cool stuff.  Now I'm trying to figure out how I can fit it all in my "office" at the house and set up the garage with some pieces that won't get destroyed out there.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

Speaking of connections, my buddy just watched the Martinsville race two weeks ago from McMurray's pit box:

I watched a Chicagoland race once from Harvick's

ImHogginIt

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on November 12, 2012, 09:58:31 am
Speaking of connections, my buddy just watched the Martinsville race two weeks ago from McMurray's pit box:

I watched a Chicagoland race once from Harvick's

I watched the Texas night race last Spring from high up in the cheap seats of Turn 4. But I really don't want to brag  :P

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 12, 2012, 10:25:40 am
I watched the Texas night race last Spring from high up in the cheap seats of Turn 4. But I really don't want to brag  :P

Better view than the pits to be honest.  You end up watching the whole thing on the TVs that are set up on the boxes in the pits because you can only see the cars go by for a second as they pass through your view straight ahead.  The higher up in the stands the better the viewing experience is.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Chollo on November 12, 2012, 09:21:08 am
I was re-watching the final lap, any idea why Danica drove down the front stretch instead of into pit row? Other than her already obvious lack of talent.

My idea was that she spun, got it going, and was just trying to keep going so she didn't go any further laps down.  I think the spin must have spun the engine the wrong way or she had it over revved and it let go after she had passed the entrance to pit lane. 

That's my only guess.  I'm not a big fan of her, but she has enough people to tell her to get down pit lane and she has some racing judgement.

Chollo

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on November 12, 2012, 10:30:09 am
Better view than the pits to be honest.  You end up watching the whole thing on the TVs that are set up on the boxes in the pits because you can only see the cars go by for a second as they pass through your view straight ahead.  The higher up in the stands the better the viewing experience is.

I've never seen a race from the pits but went to the Brickyard 400 last year and sat at the Miller Lite party deck in turn 4. Granted Indy is an enormous flat track with infield bleachers but just like you said I couldn't see anything other than when they came right by me. Got drunk and watched most of it on the TV's in the below deck bar.

Chollo

Best part of the Texas race is partying in Campground 3 at the entrance to t....... row.

Flying Razorback

I have been to Texas for Thursday/Friday activities and qualifying but never attended a race there.  I might do that sometime in the next year or two.  It's funny because I lived in Oklahoma for the past 4 years and attended races all over the country but didn't drive down to Texas ever.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on November 12, 2012, 11:39:44 am
I have been to Texas for Thursday/Friday activities and qualifying but never attended a race there.  I might do that sometime in the next year or two.  It's funny because I lived in Oklahoma for the past 4 years and attended races all over the country but didn't drive down to Texas ever.

It is a beautiful facility but to me the races are very boring there.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 12, 2012, 11:47:58 am

That's kind of what kept me away.  It was about a 5 hour drive from where I lived in northwest Oklahoma and one of the races is a Sunday race which means driving back afterwards to make it to work the next morning.  I almost went one time but talked myself out of it late and was glad I did because it rained and the race was postponed until Monday.

I always tried to go to races that were a little more unique.  The one I went to at Chicagoland was similar to a Texas race and didn't really excite me too much except for being down in the action.

Chollo

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 12, 2012, 11:47:58 am

Yep. I pretty much go just to party in the campgrounds all weekend. The race in 2010 was pretty exciting though there was a massive wreck just at the start finish line where we were sitting. It was a Monday race because it rained all day Sunday.

Chollo

Kansas has to be the most boring track I've been to. I'd rather watch Honey Boo Boo reruns then go back there.

riccoar

Gordon won't get suspended.  There will be huge numbers watching if NASCAR does not hamstring both teams to the point they can't even race within 20 feet of each other.  Fine Jeff, let the viewership rise, and watch Bowyer get his revenge at Miami.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: riccoar on November 12, 2012, 01:10:29 pm
Gordon won't get suspended.  There will be huge numbers watching if NASCAR does not hamstring both teams to the point they can't even race within 20 feet of each other.  Fine Jeff, let the viewership rise, and watch Bowyer get his revenge at Miami.

What I fear happening is those two going at it at Miami and affecting the championship.  What happens when they get after it, Keselowski cuts a tire going through debris and Johnson wins the championship with an 8th place finish over Keselowski's 33rd place finish?

You have to know that's the fear going on in NASCAR headquarters today.  BK almost got caught up in it yesterday as it was.

riccoar

Didn't really realize how close it was till I saw the replay.  Kes was like a blink of an eye from getting caught in that.  Now if the race is in hand for Kes, I expect things to go WWE real fast. 

Flying Razorback

Quote from: riccoar on November 12, 2012, 01:29:22 pm
Didn't really realize how close it was till I saw the replay.  Kes was like a blink of an eye from getting caught in that.  Now if the race is in hand for Kes, I expect things to go WWE real fast. 

I just think the suspension is somewhat likely because he's out of the running, looks like he gave up yesterday, ignored a black flag when he retaliated, almost took out the championship leader, and they don't want shenanigans like that to mess up the championship next week.  They got Kyle Busch last year for a similar move.

Bowyer then would have the chance to retaliate during the second race next year when it doesn't matter as much.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Chollo on November 12, 2012, 01:00:51 pm
Yep. I pretty much go just to party in the campgrounds all weekend. The race in 2010 was pretty exciting though there was a massive wreck just at the start finish line where we were sitting. It was a Monday race because it rained all day Sunday.

I went to that one. They had the Nationwide and Sprint Cup race on a Monday because it rained all weekend. I had tickets for the Sat Nationwide race and was allowed to see both races Monday with my cheap Nationwide tickets which was nice.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 12, 2012, 06:09:58 pm
I went to that one. They had the Nationwide and Sprint Cup race on a Monday because it rained all weekend. I had tickets for the Sat Nationwide race and was allowed to see both races Monday with my cheap Nationwide tickets which was nice.

Ha, that's the one I had planned to go down to earlier that week and got to lazy and backed out of it.

Chollo

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 12, 2012, 06:09:58 pm

Yep I thought the TMS staff handled it the best they could. I remember it started raining Friday night and never stopped but Monday was perfect. Sucked for the people that had to go back to work though.

arky870

gordon got 100k fine and lost 25 points. and probation i read. was not an official report i read though

riccoar

arky was correct.  Also, read the link.  Keselowski got fined $25K for having his cell phone in his car.  He was texting or tweeting during the red flag.

http://www.nascar.com/news/121112/jgordon-bkeselowski-cbowyer-crew-chief-penalties/index.html

Flying Razorback

Quote from: hogs24 on November 11, 2012, 10:10:18 pm
never gonna happen.

Just wanted to point out that you were right.  Jeff will be racing next week.  Probably with a very stern "Stay away from Clint, especially around the leaders."  But a $100,000 fine is nothing to laugh at.

arky870

i heard that gordons team picked up a new sponsor for next year. it will not be dupont team anymore. it will be the 24 midol team

hoghelmet14

Quote from: arky870 on November 14, 2012, 02:03:28 am
i heard that gordons team picked up a new sponsor for next year. it will not be dupont team anymore. it will be the 24 midol team

LOL

This is one of the only races I missed all year.... its dvr'd ... is it worth watching or just the last few laps?
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

riccoar

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on November 14, 2012, 08:11:17 am
LOL

This is one of the only races I missed all year.... its dvr'd ... is it worth watching or just the last few laps?
Pretty much from about 5 laps before Johnson slaps the wall.  Because once you realize he won't win #6 this year everything just gets better from there till the finish.

HogScoutMaster

Never thought the Rainbow Warrior (back in the day) was going to be the rough house that he is today.  4 Incidents come to mind 2 with Matt K, 1 Burton, now 1 with Boywer and I know I am missing a few.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

arky870

Quote from: DewUar88 on November 14, 2012, 03:12:45 pm
Never thought the Rainbow Warrior (back in the day) was going to be the rough house that he is today.  4 Incidents come to mind 2 with Matt K, 1 Burton, now 1 with Boywer and I know I am missing a few.

there is a gay rights joke in there but i will let you make your own up to that lol

hogs24

Quote from: DewUar88 on November 14, 2012, 03:12:45 pm
burger boy(Stewart)..been awhile tho. I seem to remember him giving robbie Gordon a bumper under caution at loudon several years ago too
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

hogs24

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on November 13, 2012, 09:24:13 pm
Just wanted to point out that you were right.  Jeff will be racing next week.  Probably with a very stern "Stay away from Clint, especially around the leaders."  But a $100,000 fine is nothing to laugh at.
not at all but you don't suspend a 4 time champ for that. Big E did much worse back in the day....just tryin to rattle his cage...
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Flying Razorback

Quote from: hogs24 on November 14, 2012, 10:09:52 pm
not at all but you don't suspend a 4 time champ for that. Big E did much worse back in the day....just tryin to rattle his cage...

I heard a discussion with Ray Evernham on Sirius XM yesterday.  He said something along the lines of "You know Earnhardt didn't go out much and wreck people.  You rarely if ever saw him retaliating and wrecking people.  He would ride your bumper, sideswipe you, push you up out of the groove in the corner, but he would never slow down and make a 90 degree turn like Jeff did in to Bowyer.  I used to tell Jeff to just let it go with Earnhardt and just outrun him.  there was no need to get in a tangle with him."

The only time I can think of Dale wrecking someone and ending their race was the Bristol race in 2000 (I think) where he turned Labonte around on the last lap to take the lead.  But I don't remember anything like what Bowyer did here or what Carl Edwards did in my picture at the top of this page.

riccoar

I think when Carl flipped Brad at Atlanta it scared him just as much as Brad.  You can tell afterwards he never thought that scenario out completely.  It really was amazing that Kez was not injured when that car flipped and hit on top of the roof.