Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonds under investigation for perjury

Started by aristotle, April 13, 2006, 07:41:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aristotle

The monkeys running MLB have been playing "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" but it looks like somebody isn't ignoring the obvious. This could get interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/13/bonds.steroid/index.html

Say it ain't so.

pork-e-pine

I'm shocked to find out that there is gambling in this establishment.

-as the comish tucks the chips in his pocket
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

jrw11475

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: drtonwil on April 13, 2006, 09:10:29 pm
By the way, how much you want to bet Victor Conte is somewhere talking his head off to the Gov't regarding Bonds.  Conte squealed like a pig about every athlete except Bonds initially.  The book discussed how he would never make comments about Bonds at that time.  The Gov't was much more interested in the US Olympic Team given the timing and the Greece games. 

ALCO founder Victor Conte insisted in March that he never gave performance-enhancing drugs to Bonds and that "Game of Shadows" is "full of outright lies."

Conte spoke to The Associated Press outside his San Mateo home hours after his release from prison, where he spent four months after pleading guilty to orchestrating an illegal steroids distribution scheme that allegedly involved many high-profile athletes, including Bonds.

Asked whether he gave Bonds performance-enhancing drugs, Conte said: "No, I did not."

Not yet, but they are trying their damndest

zwhogfan

When  I was little I went up to St. Louis for a game with my friend and his family. He and I were really small, only seven at the time. We were waiting outside of Busch stadium and up walks Bonds. He and I went to ask him for his autograph, and Bonds told us to get away from him. I had no clue who he was at the time, just that he was a baseball player. But the guy was a total jerk.

SAUhogfan

Barroid Bonds needs to get in touch with Nolan.  I smell a good lawsuit here.  Maybe they can prove Selig said the "N" word.

Richard_white

April 13, 2006, 11:10:36 pm #6 Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 07:19:56 pm by razorbacks4life27
Barry Bonds should be expelled from MLB if found guilty of steroids use.

Free Pete Rose

lyon98

The remark about the Federal Attorney reminds me of an experience a friend had. He called his lawyer and said, "there are two FBI agents in my reception area and they want to talk to me, what should I say?" Lawyer, "whatever you say, tell the truth, they already know the answers to the questions." He got a year, served 5 months in a half way house.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

DevilHog

I am not a fan of Barry Bonds. I am also not a fan of Sammy Sosa, Mark Mcgwire, Gary Sheffield, Jason Giombe, Rafeal Palmero, Jose Canseco, and that guy from Baltimore that hit 40 home runs that year. Fact is, as Ken Caminetti, who I'm also not a fan of, said, at the time 50% of the league was on the stuff. Baseball was eaten up with steroids, I don't believe tat punishing Bonds makes what everyone else did go away. In some respect, you have to appreciate a guy willing to do what he has to do to compete. In the another respect, you have to hate a cheater.

94 Hawg

It s one thing to accidentally sit on a needle in the clubhouse, but he should not have lied about it.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

msudawgs64

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

LA HAWG

I hope they kick his sorry tail out of baseball and wipe him from the record books.  He is a complete jerk.

idochog

I love Jesus!

Hogeye_Pierce

April 14, 2006, 11:55:19 am #13 Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 04:34:20 pm by Hogeye_Pierce
Quote from: drtonwil on April 14, 2006, 10:43:44 am
Quote from: zwhogfan on April 13, 2006, 11:00:09 pm
When  I was little I went up to St. Louis for a game with my friend and his family. He and I were really small, only seven at the time. We were waiting outside of Busch stadium and up walks Bonds. He and I went to ask him for his autograph, and Bonds told us to get away from him. I had no clue who he was at the time, just that he was a baseball player. But the guy was a total jerk.
Jerk is an understatement.  He treats people like dirt beneath his feet.  His favorite line is "Did I f----- stutter?", when people don't do what he asks the first time.  I can not imagine why sportswriters and TV sports people don't get a clue with this guy.  Its really seems that the press has been intimidated by him.

You know, I might make a comment about 'Roid Rage here, but he was acting like that even when he looked like this.

Face it. The guy is just an All-American p**ck
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

weevilhogg

Barry is a poor black man.  He's had it so rough in life, you folks just don't understand.

Now, Barry will cry a little bit. . . . . you've hurt his feelings.

wah wah wah!

I can't stand the guy.
Oh my!

hogsta

Steriods = non-issue.

It's the same type of logic when men complain about women talking to them about the color of the drapes in the living room.

Wah, wah, wahhhhh....