Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cardinals Bullpen

Started by agr347, August 06, 2008, 08:35:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

agr347

It sucks!  Got to be one of, if not the, worst in MLB.  Last night was i believe the 27th blown lead, and almost the 25th loss by their bullpen.  If they had a true closer the NL Central race would look totally different, but I guess that's why they pay the games!  It is just frustrating that the managers and/or GM won't really acknowledge that there is a problem and try to fix it.  Oh well, just needed to vent.
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

dacskc

Agreed...it's to the point where you honestly don't feel comfortable with any lead. The needs in the BP are so glaring that not fixing them has now become a joke. Apparently they signed Felipe Lopez...that's like giving a starving man a coat...Thanks, but is that really what was needed?

Hogtropolis™

Maybe, just maybe Perez will be the answer.

rdtate

I don't think it can get much worse

Oliver

I guarantee you it can't be much worse than the Mets.

dacskc

Quote from: Oliver Miller on August 25, 2008, 05:41:27 pm

Ummm...yes, at this point, I think your bullpen suckiness may have exceeded our own. (and I say "may" because with a few weeks left, I wouldn't count us out of the Crappy BP Sweepstakes just yet).

cardinalhawg

Maybe Perez can be the answer or possibly Springer.  Both of them are strikeout type pitchers, vs. Franklin and Izzy.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Oliver Miller on August 25, 2008, 05:41:27 pm
This is not an argument that I want to win, but I think that the Cards pen is the suckiest in the league.