Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the "Power Brokers" I keep hearing about?

Started by sowmonella, November 16, 2017, 10:42:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

I keep  seeing folks suggest the Walton's throw truckloads of cash at this guy or that. Or Jerry Jones will do this or the Tyson's will pay off this buyout or that one. Who by name are the power brokers, the big money boosters who want to control things? Who is in the GOB network? Who are those guys???? ???
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.

The Hawg Marshal

I couldn't tell you definitively. I hear the same names everyone else does. If they are connected to Arkansas and have lots of money, then there is a story about them calling the shots. Rumors rule the day again.

sowmonella

I wish someone would name some names. It's always easy on Hogville to spend some rich guys money.

OtterHog

It goes without saying that Tyson, Stephens, and Boyer are always involved. There are many more I don't know about.

woodrow hog call

I guess we will find out when Gus is getting introduced and he looks like a NASSCAR driver, with logos all over his suit.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

deedster84

Not the big power brokers but this is the Board of Trustees. I didn't know who they were so I looked these up.

https://catalog.uark.edu/generalinfo/boardoftrustees/

Mellon Collie

ricepig

Quote from: sowmonella on November 17, 2017, 09:45:32 am
Does no one have an answer?

It's simple, figure out who has their names on buildings, who loans their jets during recruiting time, who spends money advertising, who comes to the duck club, who loans vehicles, who underwrites the bonds, who doesn't post on HV, the list goes on.....

sowmonella

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 07:29:41 am
It's simple, figure out who has their names on buildings, who loans their jets during recruiting time, who spends money advertising, who comes to the duck club, who loans vehicles, who underwrites the bonds, who doesn't post on HV, the list goes on.....
I'm not in NWA so I can guess it's Pat Walker, Tyson, one or more Waltons, Mr. Holcomb, Mr. Petit Jean, the gentleman from Mexico City Mr. Ole' Main, Mr. Landers, Mr. Baum. Pretty sure Mr. Donald W. Reynolds is deceased.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 07:29:41 am

Which gets it down to the same 6-8 people it's been for the last 30 years... follow the money..

Hogz87

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: sowmonella on November 17, 2017, 11:09:44 am
I wish someone would name some names. It's always easy on Hogville to spend some rich guys money.

Well there's not a board and they don't have a secret handshake. There's probably not a directory with phone numbers, addresses, and a family photo. They're families and businesses and a few former players that were tight with Broyles who give large sums of money to the University and to the Razorback Foundation. Some sit on the Board of Trustees or the Foundation. Some are vocal and visible and well known. Some speak softly and carry a big stick. They don't always have the same agenda.