Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article on Arkansas having 2014 toughest schedule

Started by JHicks3636, June 07, 2014, 01:50:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

It's actually great timing for us.  We're young.  Throw 'me in the deep end.  Be better prepared for 2015 an 16.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

LZH

I've said for 20 years that I'd rather go 7-5 in the SEC with the roughest schedule in football than go 8-4 in another conference and be accused of playing cupcakes six or seven weeks of the season.

chitwnhog

Quote from: LZH on June 07, 2014, 02:02:01 pm
I've said for 20 years that I'd rather go 7-5 in the SEC with the roughest schedule in football than go 8-4 in another conference and be accused of playing cupcakes six or seven weeks of the season.

I am conflicted on this topic. On the one hand I agree completely...on the other I wonder if having that success wouldn't lead to better recruiting and better recruiting then lead to better results.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on June 07, 2014, 02:02:01 pm

So what you are saying is you would rather be the opening act for Led Zeppelin than be the headliner with Miley Cyrus as your opening act. Is that correct?  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 07, 2014, 02:10:06 pm
So what you are saying is you would rather be the opening act for Led Zeppelin than be the headliner with Miley Cyrus as your opening act. Is that correct?  ;D

Ha!  Exactly.  Well, actually headliners do make more money......

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on June 07, 2014, 02:13:54 pm

It's always just been about the music, man......

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2014, 02:14:57 pm
It's always just been about the music, man......

Jimi Hendrix once went on tour opening for the Monkees.....sometimes it really is just about the money.

chitwnhog

Quote from: LZH on June 07, 2014, 02:21:02 pm
Jimi Hendrix once went on tour opening for the Monkees.....sometimes it really is just about the money.

And sometimes you have to do things you aren't happy about in order to take the next step.

LZH

Quote from: DawgTownHog on June 07, 2014, 02:42:50 pm
And sometimes you have to do things you aren't happy about in order to take the next step.

He played the first eight shows in the states and Eric Burdon (his producer) pulled him off the tour citing a made-up story about how the Daughters of the American Revolution were gonna protest Hendix's vulgar stage act.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on June 07, 2014, 02:21:02 pm

He must have needed a fix big time.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on June 07, 2014, 02:13:54 pm

Is there enough money for you to put up with Miley's fans? I would think the bubble gum might gum up the strings!  ;D

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 07, 2014, 02:50:49 pm
Is there enough money for you to put up with Miley's fans? I would think the bubble gum might gum up the strings!  ;D

If I could replace Miley with one of those young latina gals from Dallas - Gomez or Levato - they could share my tour bus and I wouldn't care one bit about any strings.

chitwnhog

Quote from: LZH on June 07, 2014, 02:54:53 pm
If I could replace Miley with one of those young latina gals from Dallas - Gomez or Levato - they could share my tour bus and I wouldn't care one bit about any strings.

Yes....yes....yes...

rlamb

To hell with the glorious day we will be going 7-5 every year and say we're in the mighty SEC.  I'm sick and tired of it and look what Baylor and Okie State have done over the last 8-9 years. They've come a lot closer than us to play for National titles.

Steef

Catch 22.

The SEC is the best conference because most of the best athletes are drawn to it.
The SEC is hard to play in, because so many of its programs are loaded with elite athletes. And now...elite coaches and/or staffs.

You have to raise your game to SEC level, or live on the fringe. You have to want to stay here....BECAUSE its hard...and football is a competitor's sport.

Because if it was easy, anybody could do it.

I have said for years now, that any head coach who applies for an SEC job, deserves at least SOME respect for not being a coward. Yes, even HDN.  But especially in today's world, where Mount Saban looks like Everest.

I like it here. Beating cupcakes is for wimps.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: DawgTownHog on June 07, 2014, 02:08:38 pm
I am conflicted on this topic. On the one hand I agree completely...on the other I wonder if having that success wouldn't lead to better recruiting and better recruiting then lead to better results.

Whoa, SWC flashback
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Mike_e

If you do well in a lesser conference people say, "nice".

If you do well in the SEC people say, "Wow".

Praise me no faint praises.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!