Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Luke Ford

Started by TuckFexas81, June 28, 2017, 03:58:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TuckFexas81

What's the latest?? I know he's visiting a lot of schools and seems to be in love with all them so far by his twitter account.

Wildhog

He will not be a Hog.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

colbs

hogfan14

He did "like" the twitter post that CJ O'Grady made about the new "TEU" sign in the TE room the other day but the odds of decommitting and then landing at that school usually aren't good. If we have a good year then I could see him considering us again though.

NoogaHog

I think we should go back to the other Luke Ford thread that's in the trash. That was fun.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

HogCzar1

June 28, 2017, 07:15:44 pm #5 Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:12:50 pm by HogCzar1
Quote from: Wildhog on June 28, 2017, 03:58:59 pm
He will not be a Hog.

I agree with you. I would be extremely surprised, if not shocked, if he were to wind up here.

I would be most interested to know if our coaches were even still actively recruiting him.

hawgmasta

Quote from: HogCzar1 on June 28, 2017, 07:15:44 pm
I agree with you. I would be extremely surprised, if not shocked, if he were to wind up here.
I would be most interested to know if our coaches were even still actively recruiting him.

Dang. It's that bad

Paul

I'm sure the staff will continue to show some sort of interest just in case but this board should move on

tophawg19

no big deal , as we already know, being his top team doesn't mean much.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hogs49ers

I am so glad I am not a Bama fan...I mean their recruiting cannot be that exciting to follow, all the Bama fans that follow recruiting know their entire class as soon as the offers go out basically.  At least we get that excitement and letdown and the crazy decommits and last second commits bc Bama does not have enough room.  Fun stuff!  :)
SCREW Vandy!

HardingHog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 28, 2017, 09:25:17 pm
I am so glad I am not a Bama fan...I mean their recruiting cannot be that exciting to follow, all the Bama fans that follow recruiting know their entire class as soon as the offers go out basically.  At least we get that excitement and letdown and the crazy decommits and last second commits bc Bama does not have enough room.  Fun stuff!  :)

Yeah, must be terrible getting almost any 4 and 5 star player you want  :-\

Richard Davenport

FWIW,

I arrived in Oregon tonight for The Opening. I plan to talk to Luke Thursday. There's several others I plan to talk to but the QBs, WRs and TEs will work out tomorrow. The other positions and The Opening officially starts Sat.

Wildhog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 28, 2017, 10:28:23 pm
FWIW,

I arrived in Oregon tonight for The Opening. I plan to talk to Luke Thursday. There's several others I plan to talk to but the QBs, WRs and TEs will work out tomorrow. The other positions and The Opening officially starts Sat.

I want to go to Crater Lake.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Wildhog on June 28, 2017, 11:00:37 pm

I'm going in October   :)

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

SoonerSooie

Quote from: Wildhog on June 28, 2017, 11:00:37 pm

Awesomely beautiful place!!

aloha_kid

Quote from: SoonerSooie on June 29, 2017, 05:19:49 am

Yes it is.  Not sure what the weather will be like in October, but we were there in June 2015 and there were still areas closed because of snow accumulation.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: SoonerSooie on June 29, 2017, 05:19:49 am

Out of the way "awesomely beautiful place"!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

aloha_kid

Quote from: tusksincolorado on June 29, 2017, 07:50:40 am
Out of the way "awesomely beautiful place"!

Way out of the way.  As are many National Parks.

The Hawg Marshal

Please keep us posted Richard.

ricepig

East TN HAWG

Quote from: ricepig on June 29, 2017, 04:32:45 pm
Might?? Hopefully we land someone before his decision, like Beal.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jun/29/te-luke-ford-visiting-schools-still-considering-ar/

If he is truly looking at TE usage, why decommit from AR.  Please name one school in the last  10 years the uses the TE more than AR. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: East TN HAWG on June 29, 2017, 05:55:10 pm
If he is truly looking at TE usage, why decommit from AR.  Please name one school in the last  10 years the uses the TE more than AR.
he only did it b/c CBB has that policy about taking visits once committed.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

presidenthog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 29, 2017, 07:02:58 pm
he only did it b/c CBB has that policy about taking visits once committed.

I still don't think he ends up here. He is just blowing smoke up our local reporter's rear ends. Saying he was all hog and what not, all the while telling national guys a different story.

We just need to move on imo.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on June 29, 2017, 07:18:13 pm
I still don't think he ends up here. He is just blowing smoke up our local reporter's rear ends. Saying he was all hog and what not, all the while telling national guys a different story.

We just need to move on imo.

Yep, I have.

Hogs49ers

I seriously think he is one of those guys that will commit to the very last place he visits, and he said he plans to visit Fayetteville again, so I really hope we are the last place he visits.  Either way, not getting my hopes up here.
SCREW Vandy!

HogFoo

It'd be nice to hear what he has to say to RD if he can get a conversation in with him.   I doubt Luke will say much of anything in the interview if he does talk to RD.  But, it'll be nice  if he did say something.   There aren't many schools out there that have utilized the TE the way we have over recent years.  We have the moniker #TEU for a reason.    Bama had a great one and he was probably the most misused player in the ncaa nearly his entire time there.   Crazy thing was, he was looked at as being supposedly 'better' than Henry and i believe he was drafted quite a bit higher.  And, he didnt have near the career that Hunter had at arkansas.   Of the schools ive seen the kid interested in, i mean, LSU did they even throw it to their TE more than 3 times last season?    Yeah, Bama threw to that dude in the title game .  But, other than that, he was pretty much obsolete.  Auburn didnt really use the TE that much either that i recall.  But, im too lazy to look it up.  So, im sure someone will post the comparison of which schools used the TE more effectively than we did.  And, id say there weren't many.     but oh well. if kid doesnt want to come here. fine.  As have said before, not ever gonna worry about TE under Beliema.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

ricepig

Quote from: HogFoo on June 29, 2017, 10:21:20 pm
It'd be nice to hear what he has to say to RD if he can get a conversation in with him.   I doubt Luke will say much of anything in the interview if he does talk to RD.  But, it'll be nice  if he did say something.   There aren't many schools out there that have utilized the TE the way we have over recent years.  We have the moniker #TEU for a reason.    Bama had a great one and he was probably the most misused player in the ncaa nearly his entire time there.   Crazy thing was, he was looked at as being supposedly 'better' than Henry and i believe he was drafted quite a bit higher.  And, he didnt have near the career that Hunter had at arkansas.   Of the schools ive seen the kid interested in, i mean, LSU did they even throw it to their TE more than 3 times last season?    Yeah, Bama threw to that dude in the title game .  But, other than that, he was pretty much obsolete.  Auburn didnt really use the TE that much either that i recall.  But, im too lazy to look it up.  So, im sure someone will post the comparison of which schools used the TE more effectively than we did.  And, id say there weren't many.     but oh well. if kid doesnt want to come here. fine.  As have said before, not ever gonna worry about TE under Beliema.

https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/880540431108395008

B501

Quote from: HogFoo on June 29, 2017, 10:21:20 pmYeah, Bama threw to that dude in the title game .  But, other than that, he was pretty much obsolete.

he had more receptions that sprinkle actually

hawgwash

RD's column today in the ADG is largely about Ford.  The kid sounds totally confused.  He likes everywhere, but a couple of times says it has to come down to TE usage.  My sense is he's overwhelmed by the attention he has received.

lefty08

Quote from: b501 on June 30, 2017, 06:49:08 am

Our TE production was way down last year due to a bad O line
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

King Kong

Quote from: lefty08 on June 30, 2017, 07:07:06 am

Howard played 3 more games and Sprinkle was also hurt with an ankle issue. There difference in catches per game was 3 to 2.75.

Three and Snout

Quote from: lefty08 on June 30, 2017, 07:07:06 am

Correct.  He was busy blocking.

Danimal

Quote from: hawgwash on June 30, 2017, 07:02:12 am
RD's column today in the ADG is largely about Ford.  The kid sounds totally confused.  He likes everywhere, but a couple of times says it has to come down to TE usage.  My sense is he's overwhelmed by the attention he has received.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Danimal on June 30, 2017, 08:42:38 am

I totally understand any young man's desire to chose the school and program he'll be attending and playing should be based in part on where he feels most comfortable. I also get that virtually any program he scouts out will likely have top notch facilities. However, having said that, I also believe that when it comes down to it and when "push comes to shove" the USE of the position-in this case TE-should go a long way in helping him decide. If indeed that's the case I offer up the BEST program based on CONSISTENT use of the kids having played the role. Not surprisingly that would be THE University of Arkansas (Fayetteville). 8) :) :D ;D

tusksincolorado

Quote from: aloha_kid on June 29, 2017, 11:50:00 am
Way out of the way.  As are many National Parks.

I cant speak to that...I live in the Rockies.

tusksincolorado

He also played in 3 more games....but had 1 less TD.

Go figure...right.

HogFoo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 30, 2017, 10:47:28 am
I totally understand any young man's desire to chose the school and program he'll be attending and playing should be based in part on where he feels most comfortable. I also get that virtually any program he scouts out will likely have top notch facilities. However, having said that, I also believe that when it comes down to it and when "push comes to shove" the USE of the position-in this case TE-should go a long way in helping him decide. If indeed that's the case I offer up the BEST program based on CONSISTENT use of the kids having played the role. Not surprisingly that would be THE University of Arkansas (Fayetteville). 8) :) :D ;D
this is it.     Some posted as I said, that Howard had more catches but he also played in 3 more games.  When it gets down to brass tacks.  If the kid is truly being honest and says that all facilities are the same, etc..etc.. And it comes down to who uses the TE the best, then I really don't see why he wouldn't pick Arkansas again.  I believe tho that if the Hogs have a good season, that Mr Ford will recommit.  That will play a lot in his decision.  Like it or not, wining solves everything.  Hopefully we'll not have any 4th quarter breakdowns, no embarrassing losses (like auburn) and a few good wins.  If we can get to 8wins+ and no blowout losses.  We'll be fine in the eyes of recruits.   We can always pitch "if u were here that's all we need to push us over the top" 

I'm not gonna give up on the kid. Hope he comes, but if he doesnt thats fine. Who knows he may stay in state and play for Illinois.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

PorkRinds

Howard himself has expressed doubts about the way bama used him.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 30, 2017, 12:58:44 pm
Howard himself has expressed doubts about the way bama used him.

It's ok, Nick said he would change the way they use TE's for him.......

presidenthog

Quote from: ricepig on June 30, 2017, 01:00:57 pm
It's ok, Nick said he would change the way they use TE's for him.......
Yep and that is why they committed to arkansas because that was a bunch of bologna... oh wait

HogFoo

Looking at that list I see a familiar name.  Someone who thought the waters were gonna be better at another school. Which, I think he would have had a better career here. But, if i'm not mistaken,  Wasn't Goolsby committed to us before he switched to Florida? (Maybe Goolsby was told that he reminded the UF coaches of Aaron Hernandez. haha     

Anyways, pretty sure Goolsby was committed here before his flip.  So, again, i'm not gonna ever worry about the TE under Bielema.   He will always be able to attract top tier talent to Arkansas.   Simply because we use the TE a lot in our offense. We put more in the NFL than anyone else in recent years. #TEU  etc..etc.. Obviously, when our OL issues are taken care of, we'll  have even better proof of our use with receptions. 

Look at that those stats,  we had to use our TE's to block a lot more than normal last season, and Sprinkle was STILL at the tops for TE's in the league with his numbers.  What else does a recruit really need to see?   Except, a good solid winning record.  Which, I think we can have this season.  But, we'll see.   

trphog

Quote from: HogFoo on June 30, 2017, 01:51:18 pm
Looking at that list I see a familiar name.  Someone who thought the waters were gonna be better at another school. Which, I think he would have had a better career here. But, if i'm not mistaken,  Wasn't Goolsby committed to us before he switched to Florida? (Maybe Goolsby was told that he reminded the UF coaches of Aaron Hernandez. haha         

I thought the same thing

King Kong

Goolsby did not commit here. Has a close relationship with Mike Smith. Everyone thought he was basically a lock to commit at some point and then he committed to FL.

247 had all 11 CB's for us

Wildhog

Quote from: King Kong on June 30, 2017, 02:07:31 pm
Goolsby did not commit here. Has a close relationship with Mike Smith. Everyone thought he was basically a lock to commit at some point and then he committed to FL.

Smith is his godfather, IIRC.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogFoo

Quote from: King Kong on June 30, 2017, 02:07:31 pm

Are you guys sure it was Goolsby that Smith had a relationship with?   I was thinking it was the player that ended up going to Lsu last season or season before.  I think that was a WR though. Cant think of his name.    Of course,also last season there was that WR that everyone thought was gonna come to Arkansas and then he ran out of the room on signing day and comes back in with Florida stuff. (his family wanted him to go to Arkansas). Which, I believe he started a few games for UF last season.  Which that DB that spurned us at the last second and went to UF , he too started a few games.   man, these late flips just come at you so fast. haha   

NoogaHog

Quote from: HogFoo on June 30, 2017, 02:19:28 pm
Are you guys sure it was Goolsby that Smith had a relationship with?   I was thinking it was the player that ended up going to Lsu last season or season before.  I think that was a WR though. Cant think of his name.    Of course,also last season there was that WR that everyone thought was gonna come to Arkansas and then he ran out of the room on signing day and comes back in with Florida stuff. (his family wanted him to go to Arkansas). Which, I believe he started a few games for UF last season.  Which that DB that spurned us at the last second and went to UF , he too started a few games.   man, these late flips just come at you so fast. haha

Tyrie Cleveland and Putu, I believe. Unfortunately, Cleveland is gonna be really good, although in a mediocre offense. Fortunately, I think we are OK at both positions going forward.

NoogaHog

I think we are OK at TE as well, especially if Patton shows up.