Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Mallett

Started by FaytownHog, April 04, 2018, 08:47:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FaytownHog

With the Ravens signing RGIII to a 1 year deal, is Mallett done in the NFL or does he get another shot somewhere else (as a backup obviously)?

31to6

Probably depends on whether RGIII can stay healthy for more than a month.

hoggusamoungus

RM is an unrestricted free agent so he can sign with anyone.

FaytownHog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on April 04, 2018, 08:58:12 pm
RM is an unrestricted free agent so he can sign with anyone.

Right. The question is, will he? I thought the Ravens might give him another 1 year deal if they couldn't get anyone else but looks like they did.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: FaytownHog on April 04, 2018, 09:07:18 pm
Right. The question is, will he? I thought the Ravens might give him another 1 year deal if they couldn't get anyone else but looks like they did.

There's probably someone out there who would take him on.  He made $2 mil last year so he may have to take a pay cut.

1highhog

He's been in the league long enough now that if he's been careful with his finances he'll be set for life, plus he should he his NFL pension now I think if he was to retire.

Cotton

He'll never have to buy another Scantron in his life... Oh wait  ;D
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

steveaustin69

At the very least I'd reckon he will continue to post on Hogville.

311Hog

he will retire and come back to AR to take Matt Jones' job or Clint's

hvsupastar

He's a solid NFL backup IMO I bet he gets another shot.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

k.c.hawg

NFL back up QB's are like crafty lefty's in baseball, they just keep getting recycled. He should land a job as long as his attitude thing isn't still following him.

He's made $9.5m to date, hopefully he's been wise with his money.

Speaking of back ups Chase Daniel has now made $24m with another $7m guaranteed, while completing 51 passes. $600k per completion.....back up QB in the NFL is an awesome job!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: 311Hog on April 05, 2018, 09:52:25 am
he will retire and come back to AR to take Matt Jones' job or Clint's
Maybe he can start designing trophies. We don't have one for the red/white game yet

pigture perfect

Im guessing someone will pick him up.

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

twistitup

Isn't he opening a nightclub?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 10, 2018, 10:47:47 pm
Thank God everyone else is -- finally -- resigned to the fact that Mallett is/was/will be a scrub.  You're all about a decade too late.   :puke:

Hell, I don't even mind that he's been an embarrassment for seven years, that's much longer than I anticipated he'd be in the NFL.  "You win."

But all those folks who thought he'd be The Man?  You were never CLOSE to being right.

It's sad how much it looks like you're enjoying the failings of a Hog.

And an "embarrassment"? Are you kidding me? Cuz of what? This Hog goes to the NFL starts a few games, mainly is on the sidelines, makes more money most will make in a lifetime...and he embarrasses you? Sad. Just sad.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

twistitup

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 11, 2018, 07:50:56 am
It's sad how much it looks like you're enjoying the failings of a Hog.

And an "embarrassment"? Are you kidding me? Cuz of what? This Hog goes to the NFL starts a few games, mainly is on the sidelines, makes more money most will make in a lifetime...and he embarrasses you? Sad. Just sad.

They have a history...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Cotton

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 10, 2018, 10:47:47 pm
Thank God everyone else is -- finally -- resigned to the fact that Mallett is/was/will be a scrub.  You're all about a decade too late.   :puke:

Hell, I don't even mind that he's been an embarrassment for seven years, that's much longer than I anticipated he'd be in the NFL.  "You win."

But all those folks who thought he'd be The Man?  You were never CLOSE to being right.
WTH is this guys problem? ^^^
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

311Hog

Quote from: Cotton on April 11, 2018, 08:16:14 am
WTH is this guys problem? ^^^

it was his scantron that Mallett took....lol

hoglady

Anyone who defines failure as being a back-up NFL QB long enough to qualify for an NFL pension while making 9.5 million before the age of 30 - might need to re-think their train of thought.

There are 32 NFL teams - 64 QB's in any given year are good enough to start in the NFL or roam the sidelines as a backup. In my book, that puts you in pretty rare company.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PharmacistHog

"Who wanna give Ryan Mallett a qb job?"
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.