Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

looks like Tenn is going to lose again

Started by checkraiser88, October 28, 2017, 09:55:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Kentucky just punched it in with 33 seconds left on the clock! I was hoping they would win!

greenEGnHAWGS

Kentucky just pulled that reverse pass for the 2 point conversion just like the Hogs did vs TCU last year.

Love seeing Tenner lose btw...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

GoHogs1091

I just saw the following post on a SEC board on another site.

quote:

Volquest Staff? @Volquest_Rival 12m12 minutes ago

BREAKING: Multiple sources indicate that UT AD John Currie has notified Butch Jones that he will not be retained for the 2018 season.
31 replies 137 retweets 110 likes

HiggiePiggy

Well that isn't surprising. He was done when he got slaughtered by Georgia. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HardCore

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 28, 2017, 11:16:36 pm

quote:

BREAKING: Multiple sources indicate that UT AD John Currie has notified Butch Jones that he will not be retained for the 2018 season.

Wish we could switch AD's
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

hogsanity

Quote from: HardCore on October 28, 2017, 11:21:52 pm

So we could have an AD that hired Butch Jones?  Since I do not follow TN athletics, maybe he was not the AD that hired Jones.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bennyl08

Quote from: HardCore on October 28, 2017, 11:21:52 pm

Why? Bielema isn't going to be an employee at the university come 2018.

So, what's the benefit of leaking that early? To have the coach give up completely? Seriously, what is to gain?

Let's say they fire the person during the season. Best case scenario is that the team continues to do badly. Worst case scenario is that the team actually does somewhat good with the interim coach, leading to that coach being retained for at least a year or two before being inevitably fired, setting the program back even further.

OTOH, keeping leaks from happening allows the coach to save some face. Let's you at least pretend you gave the full season before making a decision. That gives your athletics department the sense of a fairer workplace, which is something that workers care about.

Now, if Bielema is for some reason retained, then go ahead and bet your life savings on the sun rising in the west tomorrow because that is more likely to happen than. However, in such a scenario, then yes, I will absolutely want a new AD.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HardCore

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 11:24:25 pm
So we could have an AD that hired Butch Jones?  Since I do not follow TN athletics, maybe he was not the AD that hired Jones.

We have one that hired Bielema & Jimmy Dykes, so probably no better
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

jbcarol

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 28, 2017, 11:16:36 pm

quote:

Looks like they are allowing fake/manufactured items on that site.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net