Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How McElwain Makes the Numbers Work

Started by jbcarol, August 04, 2017, 06:44:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell 12h12 hours ago

Report: Former Florida TE commit Zech Byrd going junior college route instead

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Latest updates on the Gators' 2018 class

QuoteGators finished this summer with a bang on the recruiting trail, become the hottest team in the country.

UF has landed 12 total commits in the last two weeks and now has a top-10 class in the 2018 cycle. With the targets remaining on the board, this year could be Jim McElwain's best class yet.

Florida's 2018 class is ranked No. 8 nationally and No. 3 in the SEC. Seven of the Gators' 16 commits are 4-star recruits or higher. UF has the SEC's second-highest average star rating (89.72) behind Alabama (92.08).

Commits and their star ranking are listed.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

James Robinson, Florida's top offensive signee in the 2017 class, has enrolled at UF and joined the Gators football team

QuoteUF made the decision to sign Robinson despite academic concerns and his January citation for marijuana. One of Robinson's test scores was flagged by the NCAA Clearinghouse and prevented the Under Armour All-American from reporting to Florida on June 21 for the Summer B semester.

"We're still waiting on some things to clear up on James Robinson," UF coach Jim McElwain said this week. "I'll let you know as soon as that happens, and we'll move forward from there."

Zech Byrd made cap room on flyer

jbcarol

Zach: Recruits need answers fast or Florida's top-10 class could fall apart

QuoteFollowing the Gators' 42-7 loss to Georgia, SEC Country reached out to several prospects to get their reaction to McElwain and the game.

Crickets.

Except for UF safety commit Amari Burney, who took the loss to heart.

"I love the Gators and when they lose I lose as well," Burney said. "It hurts me that I can't be there right now to help these guys."

Burney is one of nine mid-year enrollees scheduled to sign early in December. He and the other recruits confirmed those plans with SEC Country on Tuesday.

But with Saturday's loss and the uncertainty now surrounding McElwain, the Gators could start losing commits if they don't get answers soon.