Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings

Started by WilsonHog, September 25, 2016, 03:45:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

goodguytex

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 21, 2016, 08:29:39 pm
Chip Kelly would be a horrible fit at Texas.  He has zero personality, would struggle with the big time alumni and banquet circuit and is a cheater also.  I think he would be much better at a lower profile program that is not a traditional power like Texas with big time boosters.  Oregon has Phil Knight of course but not nearly as many power players and alumni base like a Texas does. 
Bobby Petrino would be as well for the same reasons. I am convinced texass is going to go after Tom Herman with everything they've got. Failing getting him, I wonder if Lester Miles may be in play there?? Nah... I doubt it. But a grass eating coaching running a team whose mascot is a grass eater would be a good match!!  😀

jdelo77

Miles to Baylor ??? This rumor is picking up steam ...

rhog1

Quote from: jdelo77 on November 22, 2016, 09:57:55 am
Miles to Baylor ??? This rumor is picking up steam ...
On Baylorfans they are all convinced it is Chad Morris from SMU.

hog.goblin

I can see Morris to Baylor.  Strange to think that's an upgrade from SMU but because of conference affiliation it is.

ChicoHog

Morris makes a lot of sense.  Plays the same finesse style football as Briles and most of the Big 12.  At least Les would play some physical football and give the rest of the Texas schools something different.  Unfortunately I believe the majority of Texas HS teams play the same finesse football so it's an easy transition for the kids from HS to college. 

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: grayhawg on November 24, 2016, 06:47:12 pm
Isn't the guy from orangebloods who has been wrong before?

Yep, usually wrong when it involves other schools, more so than the Whorns.

https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/801944088031465472

ricepig

goodguytex

BR

It's Official now: Charlie Strong Fired at Texas 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Hawghiggs

Quote from: BR on November 26, 2016, 09:38:48 am
It's Official now: Charlie Strong Fired at Texas 

We need to get him here.

hog.goblin

Svrdhd

ESPN reporting Herman to Texas and Orgeron named official HC at LSU.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

husker71

something happened between LSU and Herman yesterday that was not good.  Rumblings on other boards suggest he upped his price late.  Anybody got any info on this??  I think LSU thought they had a done deal for a time yesterday   

grayhawg

Quote from: husker71 on November 26, 2016, 11:36:39 am
something happened between LSU and Herman yesterday that was not good.  Rumblings on other boards suggest he upped his price late.  Anybody got any info on this??  I think LSU thought they had a done deal for a time yesterday   
Texas might have told Herman's people that Strong was gone for sure and I think Texas was the job Herman really wanted.

ChicoHog

Quote from: grayhawg on November 26, 2016, 11:45:00 am
Texas might have told Herman's people that Strong was gone for sure and I think Texas was the job Herman really wanted.
Agreed.  Plus it probably got Herman more money at Texas. 

husker71

Herman is the coach at Texas   announcement soon    I would love to see the $$   difference between what LSU offered and Texas    He did not have quite as much leverage as he had yesterday IMHO

husker71

That Houston job is a pretty good job    any of you guys have info on their thoughts??

BR

Texas: Tom Herman will get a 5-year deal worth around $5 million per year "with escalators to over $6 million in final year of deal," according to Kirk Bohls of The Austin American-Statesman.
Houston: Defensive coordinator Todd Orlando will serve as the team's interim head coach, per Joseph Duarte

clutch

Quote from: husker71 on November 26, 2016, 01:03:07 pm
That Houston job is a pretty good job    any of you guys have info on their thoughts??

They should offer it to Charlie. Just swap coaches.

60 Minutes of Hell

View this email in a web page

Dear Longhorns,

We hope that you and your family and friends had a great Thanksgiving and are enjoying your time together this weekend.

As proud members of the Longhorn family, we want to let you know that today, we have named Tom Herman as the Longhorns' new head football coach, and he will be introduced at a press conference Sunday.

Coach Herman is the absolute right man to move our cherished program forward. He has demonstrated success at all of his coaching stops, most recently at the University of Houston, where he has led the Cougars to a 22-4 record during the past two seasons. Tom is a "Texas Ex" who served as a graduate assistant under Mack Brown and who earned a master's degree from UT.

Coach Herman will be a tremendous leader for our players, all of whom have shown heart and resiliency this season, even during challenging times. Elite student-athletes come to UT expecting to compete for conference and national championships and to earn a world-class education, and that is exactly what Coach Herman will help them achieve.

The decision to part ways with Charlie Strong after three seasons was a very difficult one. Coach Strong is an outstanding role model who worked hard and served with great integrity to move Longhorn football in the right direction. We share the pride, admiration and respect that many in Longhorn Nation and beyond feel for Coach Strong. Ultimately, however, the results over three seasons were not at the levels expected of Longhorn football.

Longhorn Nation is built on the strength and support of our students, alumni and fans. We thank you for your enthusiasm, and we know that you join us in welcoming Coach Herman back to the Longhorn family.

Hook 'em,

Gregory L. Fenves
President

Michael Perrin
Men's Athletics Director

The University of Texas at Austin | 101 E. 27th St., Austin, TX 78712
If you wish to be removed from this group's mailing list, click here

What a fool I used to be.

reddogjcss

I hope there's an opening for Ark DC and DL coaches

BR

FAU fired football coach Charlie Partridge on Sunday, one day after he completed his third consecutive 3-9 season.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hog.goblin

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 30, 2016, 12:28:31 am
Not really, worst season in 25 years

But in the playoffs 3 years ago........

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on November 30, 2016, 07:33:57 am
But in the playoffs 3 years ago........

On a team he didn't build.  I'm not sure I agree with the firing.  If a coach can go 11 - 1 he can flat coach.  But maybe they feel he can't recruit or implement a defense.  He obviously didn't forget how to coach.  Or maybe they think that first team was already coached up.

ChicoHog

First team had many elite athletes including Mariotta and a couple studs on the Dline-Armstead and Buckner. 

I bet Mullen would take this job if it's offered.  He may be the one.  I've always been an Oregon hater but I like Mullen and I think he would do well. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 30, 2016, 08:29:36 am
First team had many elite athletes including Mariotta and a couple studs on the Dline-Armstead and Buckner. 

I bet Mullen would take this job if it's offered.  He may be the one.  I've always been an Oregon hater but I like Mullen and I think he would do well.

Call me crazy, but I really think Mullen has found a home in Starkville.  He's loved down there, he's the best coach they've ever had, he's made them relevant (this season notwithstanding), and there's very little pressure outside of winning the Egg Bowl.  I'm sure there are jobs he would be attracted to, but I just don't see Oregon being one of them.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 30, 2016, 08:43:38 am
Call me crazy, but I really think Mullen has found a home in Starkville.  He's loved down there, he's the best coach they've ever had, he's made them relevant (this season notwithstanding), and there's very little pressure outside of winning the Egg Bowl.  I'm sure there are jobs he would be attracted to, but I just don't see Oregon being one of them.
You may be right.  Miss st shoule do what it can to keep him.  I'm not sure if he is interested in moving on or not.  Oregon may go after Fleck even though he has no west coast ties at all. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on December 01, 2016, 02:39:41 pm
https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/804424517401583621

Must be for off the field reasons.  They are headed in the right direction, on the field, for a program like Indiana.

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 01, 2016, 02:47:05 pm
Must be for off the field reasons.  They are headed in the right direction, on the field, for a program like Indiana.

Yep, supposedly like Illinois, or similar.

Hawghiggs

Cannot believe they would fire Wilson. People like to say Bielema took over a dumpster fire. Wilson really did. Indiana is an extremely hard job. They have no recruiting base at all, and they compete in the 2nd best football conference.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 01, 2016, 03:10:54 pm
Cannot believe they would fire Wilson. People like to say Bielema took over a dumpster fire. Wilson really did. Indiana is an extremely hard job. They have no recruiting base at all, and they compete in the 2nd best football conference.

Just heard on the radio he may have ignored some concussion protocols in a very cavalier manner.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 01, 2016, 03:43:29 pm
Just heard on the radio he may have ignored some concussion protocols in a very cavalier manner.

Just can't do that.

sickboy

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 01, 2016, 03:43:29 pm

Things would have to be worse than that to fire your coach though, right? On the surface, that's a reprimand and oversight situation. It must have been grossly negligent.

ricepig

WilsonHog

Quote from: sickboy on December 01, 2016, 04:15:19 pm
Things would have to be worse than that to fire your coach though, right? On the surface, that's a reprimand and oversight situation. It must have been grossly negligent.

Ten years ago, yeah. Not in 2016.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 01, 2016, 03:10:54 pm
And they are in the Big Ten East which is the stronger division at the top by far with UM, OSU, MSU and Penn st. 

ChicoHog

Wasn't Wilson the OC at OU before taking the IU job?  Maybe Baylor would be interested in him.  He runs that wide open spread offense, no defense system that the Texas schools seem to like. 

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 01, 2016, 08:05:47 pm
Wasn't Wilson the OC at OU before taking the IU job?  Maybe Baylor would be interested in him.  He runs that wide open spread offense, no defense system that the Texas schools seem to like. 

And they seem to be pretty loose with rules and regulations, he'll fit right in.

hog.goblin

Quote from: sickboy on December 01, 2016, 04:15:19 pm

Appears to be a pattern of behavior more than one event

Gladstonesmoans

Indiana will offer Coach B... ::)