Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fedex St Jude

Started by ricepig, June 06, 2017, 07:20:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

I'll be making my annual trip either Thursday or Friday to watch a little action. J'Rabb, which house is yours in case I need to take a leak? I know you'll be following Garrigus, I think my son wants to watch Adam Scott, Fowler, and Michelson.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2017, 07:20:49 am
I'll be making my annual trip either Thursday or Friday to watch a little action. J'Rabb, which house is yours in case I need to take a leak? I know you'll be following Garrigus, I think my son wants to watch Adam Scott, Fowler, and Michelson.

We have a pool and a pond.  The pond would be good for you.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 06, 2017, 07:38:26 am

Well, I ain't uncouth, I wouldn't take a leak in your pool, the pond will be fine.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 06, 2017, 07:38:26 am

hahaha......
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

HognitiveDissonance

Got to play TPC Southwind last November.
Fun course to play.

EastexHawg

Mickelson throws away more tournaments than anyone since Arnold Palmer.  The last two days he double bogeyed his last hole by hitting it in the water.  Today he makes a triple by hitting one OB and then going over the green and into the water, I'm guessing from trying to hit the hero shot.  He never seems to know when to back off and let the other guys make the mistakes that cost them the tournament.

sowmonella

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 11, 2017, 09:54:15 pm
Mickelson throws away more tournaments than anyone since Arnold Palmer.  The last two days he double bogeyed his last hole by hitting it in the water.  Today he makes a triple by hitting one OB and then going over the green and into the water, I'm guessing from trying to hit the hero shot.  He never seems to know when to back off and let the other guys make the mistakes that cost them the tournament.
It's in his DNA. When you make $50 million per year second place or a high finish isn't on your mind. He brings the average golf fan to the edge of his seat on every shot. He's also cultivated a persona of being a great guy doing fist bumps with hundreds and sign autographs for more than anyone else. Phil's an advertisers dream and that's why he's worth almost $400MM. He's also won over 40 PGA Tour events and I think about 5 Majors.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

EastexHawg

Quote from: sowmonella on June 11, 2017, 10:56:15 pm
It's in his DNA. When you make $50 million per year second place or a high finish isn't on your mind. He brings the average golf fan to the edge of his seat on every shot. He's also cultivated a persona of being a great guy doing fist bumps with hundreds and sign autographs for more than anyone else. Phil's an advertisers dream and that's why he's worth almost $400MM. He's also won over 40 PGA Tour events and I think about 5 Majors.

I get that and I'm a huge Phil fan.  We have gone to the Shell Houston Open numerous times just to follow him all 18 holes.  Still, it is frustrating to see him throw away opportunities to win tournaments by doing the same thing over and over.  Phil apparently goes into every round assuming all the other players are going to shoot low scores, so he has to shoot even lower.  The truth of the matter is that most of the time that is not the case, especially on the weekend.  The  lead score on Friday was 9 under.  Phil himself was 7 under with two holes to play.  He then tried to stuff an approach close to a pin that was just over the water when everyone else was playing to the fat part of the green and putting back to the hole.  Double bogey.

So what was the lead score after Saturday?  Still 9 under.  As is typical, the guys near the top of the leaderboard started tightening up and the 64s and 66s of Thursday and Friday turned into 70s and 71s.  By the end of the day Sunday 10 under had won.

How many times does that have to happen before Phil realizes what Nicklaus knew all along, that you can win just as many tournaments...probably more, in fact...by letting the other guys make the mistakes that kill them than by going for every shot yourself?