Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL @A&M 76 Mizzou 73

Started by jbcarol, February 08, 2017, 07:16:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/todpalmer/status/829085524866502656

QuoteCOLUMBIA

Missouri's locker room was an uncomfortable place for the last two months, but a program record-tying 13-game losing streak, which was snapped Saturday, wasn't the only cause.

The cushy chairs that usually sit in front of each of the Tigers' stalls in the team locker room at Mizzou Arena were removed Nov. 29.

Third-year coach Kim Anderson stripped three luxuries from his team at practice after a demoralizing Nov. 28 loss against North Carolina Central, a game in which the Tigers shot 25 percent in dropping a 62-52 decision.

Each would only be restored with a win.

Those cushy chairs remained in storage as the Tigers endured a months-long losing streak, a nightmarish stretch that finally ended with an 83-78 win against Arkansas during the Rally for Rhyan benefit game.

"Through all of this, I haven't changed and they haven't changed ...," Anderson said after Saturday's win, noting the effort in practice has never lacked. "I think they were just tired of losing — and they wanted to get their chairs back. You guys remember the chairs?"

A&M coach Billy Kennedy, whose Aggies host the Tigers at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in College Station, Texas, has been impressed.

"It's really a credit to Coach Anderson, how hard he has those kids playing ...," he said. "They play as hard as anybody in our league."

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman 57m57 minutes ago

Texas A&M breaks open 65-65 tie to defeat Missouri 76-73 here in Reed Arena. Aggies now 5-6 in SEC play, at Florida on Sat. Williams 18p/16r
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Dave Matter Verified account
‏@Dave_Matter

It's now been 1,107 days since Missouri's last road win.

jbcarol