Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How much do we beat Auburn by in game 1?

Started by Killean, July 02, 2014, 06:25:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What's our margin of victory?

1-3
43 (16.4%)
4-7
103 (39.3%)
8-14
54 (20.6%)
15+
36 (13.7%)
I'm an Auburn Fan
26 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Hollywood_HOGan45

DAG

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2014, 10:09:03 am
That's what the minions are trumpeting from the West Georgia Plains.

Maybe you need to spend more time over there....than over here?

By minions you mean everybody else in the college football world?  How would you know what people are saying in Auburn since you are so secluded to your Arkansas board? And if I don't, what are you going to do about it boss hawg? Smite me?

DAG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 06, 2014, 11:33:36 am
Go hogs

This argument that you speak of is a fallacy. The notion that AU starts slow under Gus is a stat with no backing to it. It is just a way to make you guys feel better about yourself. When Gus is on the sideline for AU, they are 4-0 in opening games and 11-1 in the first three games. If you mean the offense starts slow, you have a point. However, there is one flaw in this argument. In every season with the exception of this one, Gus's offense had a different starting qb at the helm. That does make a difference. Let's judge the offense now that he essentially has a solid base returning, more importantly his starting qb.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 11:49:39 am
This argument that you speak of is a fallacy. The notion that AU starts slow under Gus is a stat with no backing to it. It is just a way to make you guys feel better about yourself. When Gus is on the sideline for AU, they are 4-0 in opening games and 11-1 in the first three games. If you mean the offense starts slow, you have a point. However, there is one flaw in this argument. In every season with the exception of this one, Gus's offense had a different starting qb at the helm. That does make a difference. Let's judge the offense now that he essentially has a solid base returning, more importantly his starting qb.
You're right. Utah state and Washington state never happened.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 11:36:58 am
By minions you mean everybody else in the college football world?  How would you know what people are saying in Auburn since you are so secluded to your Arkansas board? And if I don't, what are you going to do about it boss hawg? Smite me?

Reading is fundamental....

OK, I will help you.

Minions + West Georgia Plains = Barners

And no...I do a lot of periodical reading, listening, and sports show watching and several of those venues have stated that $MU-Barn will be in the 4 team playoff.

Unless $MU-barn completely THRASHS Arkansas in the very first game, then Long will cast the deciding vote to keep you out of the playoffs!

OH NO! Another SEC CONSPIRACY!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

DAG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 06, 2014, 12:03:37 pm
You're right. Utah state and Washington state never happened.

Oh it did happen and it ended in an Auburn victory now, didn't it? So, this argument that Auburn starts off slow is complete horse crap.

DAG

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2014, 12:05:35 pm
Reading is fundamental....

OK, I will help you.

Minions + West Georgia Plains = Barners

And no...I do a lot of periodical reading, listening, and sports show watching and several of those venues have stated that $MU-Barn will be in the 4 team playoff.

Unless $MU-barn completely THRASHS Arkansas in the very first game, then Long will cast the deciding vote to keep you out of the playoffs!

OH NO! Another SEC CONSPIRACY!!

So, again by minions you mean the whole college football world? You just said that you read a lot (Thrashs..hmm) and it would seem like the sports world feels like AU has enough talent to be in the top four. Therefore, these minions must know what they are talking about since there is a consensus amount of folks outside of "West Georgia" who agrees. See? So, their must be a lot of minions going around saying this, then. Everything else you are spouting is nonsense lol. I assure you, Jeff Long will be as diplomatic as possible. You seem very emotional about this. Let it out boss hawg, let it out.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 12:07:59 pm
Oh it did happen and it ended in an Auburn victory now didn't it? So, this argument that Auburn starts off slow is complete horse crap.
Auburn was down by ten points against Utah state with 2 minutes to go. Auburn needed a miracle against a cupcake.

DAG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 06, 2014, 12:14:36 pm
Auburn was down by ten points against Utah state with 2 minutes to go. Auburn needed a miracle against a cupcake.

Yep, we also needed a miracle against the UGA bulldogs. Guess what though? That is called a victory. Guess what? Utah State still had a winning record that year and went to a bowl game. Now, what did Arkansas do last year? Did they go to a bowl game? If not, then I advise you to stop bashing other teams programs. A win is a win to me. I don't care if we win by 50 or by a fluke play. I will be more than happy to win against Arkansas by 1 point or 100.

Steef

Al Boarland

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 12:07:59 pm
Oh it did happen and it ended in an Auburn victory now, didn't it? So, this argument that Auburn starts off slow is complete horse crap.

I think this Auburn team has a lot returning, so whatever slow start they may have had might not be the same as years before.  They could very well come out rolling.  We need to be prepared to do the same. 

DAG

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 06, 2014, 12:28:08 pm
I think this Auburn team has a lot returning, so whatever slow start they may have had might not be the same as years before.  They could very well come out rolling.  We need to be prepared to do the same.

Realism.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 11:36:58 am

Thank GAWD that Barners and not the rest of the College Football World only think that way!

Just to correct you...not smite you.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

tusksincolorado

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 12:12:56 pm
So, again by minions you mean the whole college football world? You just said that you read a lot (Thrashs..hmm) and it would seem like the sports world feels like AU has enough talent to be in the top four. Therefore, these minions must know what they are talking about since there is a consensus amount of folks outside of "West Georgia" who agrees. See? So, their must be a lot of minions going around saying this, then. Everything else you are spouting is nonsense lol. I assure you, Jeff Long will be as diplomatic as possible. You seem very emotional about this. Let it out boss hawg, let it out.

Oh my goodness....you are in such a uproar. I am here at 7500', currently bottling my most recent batch of micro-brew, and your thinking I really care!

Pathetic....and so sad.

870hogfan

tusksincolorado

DAG

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2014, 12:31:26 pm
Thank GAWD that Barners and not the rest of the College Football World only think that way!

Just to correct you...not smite you.

except you just said that through your periodical reading and avid sports watching, there has been others who have stated that AU will be in the four team playoffs. Now, those are your words and not mine. Unless, the vast majority of your readings are all from an Auburn source? I mean are you AUbsessed, Boss hawg? If not, then you are clearly contradicting yourself.

DAG

DAG

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2014, 12:37:54 pm
Oh my goodness....you are in such a uproar. I am here at 7500', currently bottling my most recent batch of micro-brew, and your thinking I really care!

Pathetic....and so sad.

Yes, yes. Let it out.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 12:42:18 pm
Yes, yes. Let it out.

Now you sounding like some of my dope-smoking liberal friends here in Colorado.

Should you change your avatar to Dr. Phil?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 12:41:33 pm
I can't make promises.

Smart...since there has always been that "aire" of lying about infractions in the $MU-Barn athletic department. 

DAG

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2014, 12:45:06 pm
Now you sounding like some of my dope-smoking liberal friends here in Colorado.

Should you change your avatar to Dr. Phil?

Man, you are all over the place. Why are you friends with a bunch of dope-smoking liberals?

Coach BB would be very disappointed in you.

DAG

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2014, 12:47:20 pm
Smart...since there has always been that "aire" of lying about infractions in the $MU-Barn athletic department.

SMU? You are truly showing your age Boss Hawg haha. Let it go. The southwest conference has been over with for a long time.

870hogfan

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 12:41:03 pm
except you just said that through your periodical reading and avid sports watching, there has been others who have stated that AU will be in the four team playoffs. Now, those are your words and not mine. Unless, the vast majority of your readings are all from an Auburn source? I mean are you AUbsessed, Boss hawg? If not, then you are clearly contradicting yourself.

I bet Auburn doesn't even make the top 4 by the end of the year. Wouldn't surprise me they finish with 4 losses..

DAG

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 06, 2014, 12:52:11 pm

I bet Auburn doesn't even make the top 4 by the end of the year. Wouldn't surprise me they finish with 4 losses..

It could happen.

OsageJ

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 12:53:37 pm
It could happen.

It's funny to watch you guys down Malzahn yet his team was within a whisker of being national champs and your team didn't win a conf. game.  Not only that I figure he will play for SEC championships many more times than fat Bert.   But here you will be talking about you would never want him as the pigs coach.  Kind of explains the great and wonderful pig nation.    LOL...got nothin' but love for ya.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 12:47:29 pm
Man, you are all over the place. Why are you friends with a bunch of dope-smoking liberals?

Coach BB would be very disappointed in you.

Because the bottom line is were are all Americans!? Personally I don't care what you do in private, just as long as it doesn't effect the way I live.

I will take "SEC Cheaters" for $100, Alex.

OK, I have to wash the tank now, and begin another batch.

tusksincolorado

tusksincolorado

Quote from: OsageJ on July 06, 2014, 01:03:06 pm
It's funny to watch you guys down Malzahn yet his team was within a whisker of being national champs and your team didn't win a conf. game.  Not only that I figure he will play for SEC championships many more times than fat Bret.   But here you will be talking about you would never want him as the pigs coach.  Kind of explains the great and wonderful pig nation.    LOL...got nothin' but love for ya.

And another soon to follow...

Al Boarland

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 06, 2014, 12:52:11 pm

This is true.  It wouldn't surprise me if they won it all either.  They will be good.  If they will be great remains to be seen.

ricepig

Steef

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 06, 2014, 01:11:03 pm
This is true.  It wouldn't surprise me if they won it all either.  They will be good.  If they will be great remains to be seen.

They WILL be good this year. I'm no Gus fan, but the guy can coach. And they didn't lose a whole lot from last year.

However, they did have a couple of 'gifts' last year, so their overall record wasn't accomplished by brute force. AND...everyone will be gunning for them, so each and every conference game will be a test for them.

This year in conference play is just too loopy to call. Flip a coin.

Al Boarland

Quote from: steefhog on July 06, 2014, 01:19:18 pm
They WILL be good this year. I'm no Gus fan, but the guy can coach. And they didn't lose a whole lot from last year.

However, they did have a couple of 'gifts' last year, so their overall record wasn't accomplished by brute force. AND...everyone will be gunning for them, so each and every conference game will be a test for them.

This year in conference play is just too loopy to call. Flip a coin.

I can see that, but they are also in their second year of new systems on both sides of the ball, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say their margin of victory increases.  At the start of the season they were still very much finding their identity.  They dominated UGA for most of the game.  I know our Hogs will be improved in the second year, so I would have to use that same logic for Auburn.

870hogfan

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 06, 2014, 01:23:51 pm
I can see that, but they are also in their second year of new systems on both sides of the ball, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say their margin of victory increases.  At the start of the season they were still very much finding their identity.  They dominated UGA for most of the game.  I know our Hogs will be improved in the second year, so I would have to use that same logic for Auburn.

We will see how improved they are.

WilsonHog

"Goodnight, sweetheart, well it's time to go...."

chitwnhog

tusksincolorado

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 06, 2014, 01:26:48 pm
"Goodnight, sweetheart, well it's time to go...."

I just love drawin' these guys out....even if it does lower my IQ.

Al Boarland

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 06, 2014, 01:26:37 pm

We will see how improved they are.

Well, yeah.  That's the beauty of CFB.  You have to play the game.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Jamie Jones

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 06, 2014, 01:33:10 pm
Well, yeah.  That's the beauty of CFB.  You have to play the game.
Exactly! It was just a couple of seasons ago that WE came into the season ranked in the top ten, with Slappy The Clown at the helm. We all know how that turned out. I'm not classifying Gus in the same realm with JLS, but no matter who the coach is, the teams have to perform between the stripes. And no amount of prediction or preseason praise is going to win a single game. They have to buckle their chinstraps, execute their plays, and play for 60 minutes. Anything can happen. And I will NEVER go into a game without believing that we are going to do those things better than the opponent, and come out on top!  :razorback: :razorback:
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Steef

Al Boarland

Quote from: Jamie Jones on July 06, 2014, 01:46:49 pm
Exactly! It was just a couple of seasons ago that WE came into the season ranked in the top ten, with Slappy The Clown at the helm. We all know how that turned out. I'm not classifying Gus in the same realm with JLS, but no matter who the coach is, the teams have to perform between the stripes. And no amount of prediction or preseason praise is going to win a single game. They have to buckle their chinstraps, execute their plays, and play for 60 minutes. Anything can happen. And I will NEVER go into a game without believing that we are going to do those things better than the opponent, and come out on top!  :razorback: :razorback:

Agree with most of your points.  Anything can happen, but if things happen as they are prognosticated to happen it will be a tough game given most reliable factors.  However, if we get a few breaks, come out on the good end on turnovers and catch them off guard an upset is possible.

Steef

I would guess...only a guess...that Coach B & staff are prepping for the Auburn game like no other in the season. I would ALSO guess that when Coach B cleaned house on the defense, the hiring process for new defensive coaches included the phrase "you've got to have an answer for HUNH".

Doesn't mean they WILL have an answer. But they ARE going to focus on it.

And our defense is going to be MUCH better.

Al Boarland

Quote from: steefhog on July 06, 2014, 01:55:20 pm
I would guess...only a guess...that Coach B & staff are prepping for the Auburn game like no other in the season. I would ALSO guess that when Coach B cleaned house on the defense, the hiring process for new defensive coaches included the phrase "you've got to have an answer for HUNH".

Doesn't mean they WILL have an answer. But they ARE going to focus on it.

And our defense is going to be MUCH better.

I hope they aren't preparing for the Auburn game like no other.  We play several other really good teams and we will be dogs to them as well.  I'm sure CBB takes every game with the top programs in the SEC with equal enthusiasm. 

No one has had an answer for the HUNH with the exception of maybe LSU's Chavis.  We know our defense will be more aggressive.  That doesn't necessarily mean better.  Just keep in mind that whatever philosophy you use (aggressive, bend-but-don't-break) has weaknesses and it's the job of the OC to exploit those weaknesses.  Then, you have to have the players and they have to execute.  Unfortunately, we are starting back at square one on D.  I expect improvement on O, but we will have some growing pains on D.  We just need to be opportunistic.

Steef

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 06, 2014, 02:04:28 pm
I hope they aren't preparing for the Auburn game like no other.  We play several other really good teams and we will be dogs to them as well.  I'm sure CBB takes every game with the top programs in the SEC with equal enthusiasm. 

No one has had an answer for the HUNH with the exception of maybe LSU's Chavis.  We know our defense will be more aggressive.  That doesn't necessarily mean better.  Just keep in mind that whatever philosophy you use (aggressive, bend-but-don't-break) has weaknesses and it's the job of the OC to exploit those weaknesses.  Then, you have to have the players and they have to execute.  Unfortunately, we are starting back at square one on D.  I expect improvement on O, but we will have some growing pains on D.  We just need to be opportunistic.

I do hope we're preparing for Auburn like no other. We beat them...the adrenalin jolt to our program will be like lightning.

Yeah, we've got plenty of other strong opponents. The toughest schedule in the nation. So we CAN'T 'prepare like no other' for all of them.

We need a win. Not for the fans' sake, but for the team.

And yes, the HUNH can be defended. Everybody thought the wishbone was indefensible too, until it was proved that it wasn't.

Al Boarland

Quote from: steefhog on July 06, 2014, 02:25:41 pm
I do hope we're preparing for Auburn like no other. We beat them...the adrenalin jolt to our program will be like lightning.

Yeah, we've got plenty of other strong opponents. The toughest schedule in the nation. So we CAN'T 'prepare like no other' for all of them.

We need a win. Not for the fans' sake, but for the team.

And yes, the HUNH can be defended. Everybody thought the wishbone was indefensible too, until it was proved that it wasn't.

Of course it can be defended just as the pro-style can be defended.  I doubt it can be stopped.  They all have the same types of plays.  Some just have more window dressing.  Malzahn's system has traps, counters, powers, timing routes, go routes, crossing routes etc.  Any system will work with the right talent and execution. 

I don't disagree the Auburn game is a big game.  They are the current SEC champions.  If I had to pick a game to be preparing like no other for it would be Bama or any of the other pro-style teams we play because those are the guys recruiting a lot of the same players we would like to get in the program. Make no mistake about it, we need those players to compete.