Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Honeymoon Suggestions

Started by hogwild6700, February 27, 2014, 09:46:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwild6700

One of my favorite amenities on Hogville is the Travel Forum. This will be the 5th year in a row I've reached out to my fellow Hog fans for vacation advice. One thing I have learned for certain is the people on here love to travel and love to eat.

Having said that-I'm trying to figure out a good honeymoon spot for the soon-to-be wife and I. We will be looking to go around mid August. She's wanting beach obviously. We were thinking about the Caribbean area. With the exception of suggesting Hawaii and/or a Cruise....what would you fellas recommend? I love to hear the pros and cons of where you guys have traveled.   

Thanks!
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

Lanny

St. Martin, stay at Grand Case Beach Resort, you can walk to the best Caribbean food at night.  Take a quick sail to Anguilla and have the time of your life.  St. Martin is an interesting island, half dutch and half French.  Stop by Orient Beach too for a fun day at the beach
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Boog41

It's not answering your question, but do NOT do Jamaica. I can explain more if it is one you are really considering.

LSUFan

Quote from: Boog41 on February 27, 2014, 10:46:22 am
It's not answering your question, but do NOT do Jamaica. I can explain more if it is one you are really considering.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

LSUFan

Quote from: Lanny on February 27, 2014, 10:18:34 am
St. Martin, stay at Grand Case Beach Resort, you can walk to the best Caribbean food at night.  Take a quick sail to Anguilla and have the time of your life.  St. Martin is an interesting island, half dutch and half French.  Stop by Orient Beach too for a fun day at the beach
This
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

DeltaBoy

Gulf Shores Alabama is wonderful along with Galveston Island in Texas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker Belize, Kauai Hawaii
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

hogslobber

One of the two Excellence properties on the Mexican Caribbean.

You will fly into Cancun and either go north or south.

DLUXHOG

Maui or Kauai.... Memories will last a lifetime...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Boarcephus

Quote from: Lanny on February 27, 2014, 10:18:34 am

Orient Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to.  You can head to the water, hang a right and head on down to the nudist beach if you want.  ;)

One of our favorite places in the Caribbean is Grand Cayman.  About the only place we've traveled in the Caribbean where we felt totally safe no matter where we went.  You can't beat the diving and there is drop dead beautiful snorkeling right off 7 Mile Beach.  Just wade out in the water and go for it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

RazorPiggie

We went to the Dominican Republic last June for ours and it was great. Lots of Europeans though. 

Willyboy

Cotton

Costa Rica is incredible. Go to the pacific coast for a few days then go stay at Volcan Arenal resort. Trust me.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hawg_Thai'd

If you're still shoppin' around, I recommend Koh Samui, Thailand. The airfare will be around $1,800-2,200 each, but you can get some really romantic rooms there pretty cheap. The scenery is unbelievable. Just my 2 cents.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

sowmonella

St. John's US Virgin Islands are fantastic. I believe the resorts name is Caneel Bay. Several others to choose from.  Much prettier and less commercial than Hawaii. Have fun.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Jackrabbit Hog

Where we stayed on our 5th anniversary a few years ago.  Intercontinental Resort, Bora Bora.  Most beautiful place on earth.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Wildhog

Tahiti/Moorea...

Just French Polynesia, in general.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Marmot

Amuleto boutique hotel, Zihuatanejo, Mexico.

Thank me later.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Wildhog

Quote from: The Marmot on April 02, 2014, 12:27:54 pm
Amuleto boutique hotel, Zihuatanejo, Mexico.

Thank me later.

You know what they say about the pacific?  They say it has no memory.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

Plan to stay a day longer than you originally planned for.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.