Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What about Tulum.......?

Started by Sir Oinksalot, December 29, 2013, 06:21:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Oinksalot

Gonna take a small escape down there for a ten day.....I'm into ruins (yes, to go along with my posts)
and organic TAO living, going to TAO for a chill out......then explore the area.

Anyone been there, please post your experience....

Thanks.....
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

BR

Been there at least a dozen times. The ruins are awesome, the beach in Tulum is gorgeous... Ziggy Beach & LabnaHa Cenotes are really nice...  We go down to Belize now, but love the Tulum area..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Sir Oinksalot

...thanks for the reply...where was your favorite place to stay...more BR...

Why Belize, do you like it better..?

tia...

TomasPistola

Went to the ruins in Tulum as part of a cruise. Enjoyed the ruins immensely. They won't let you climb them anymore, but you can get some excellent pictures and the tour guide we had was outstanding. The Fish Tacos at the souvenir shop were awesome and the Margaritas were STRONG and good.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

BR

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on December 30, 2013, 07:39:38 pm
...thanks for the reply...where was your favorite place to stay...more BR...

Why Belize, do you like it better..?

tia...

Love Belize, people are so cool. They all speak English, we stay out on Ambergris Caye 2-3 weeks a year now. I would move tomorrow if I was retired.  It has the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world.  Just a great place.  I am sure some other places are better, but we love it there.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: BR on December 31, 2013, 07:10:01 am
Love Belize, people are so cool. They all speak English, we stay out on Ambergris Caye 2-3 weeks a year now. I would move tomorrow if I was retired.  It has the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world.  Just a great place.  I am sure some other places are better, but we love it there.

Where did you stay in Tulum?  What was your favorite place to stay,  those beech cabanas look pretty rustic...

tia..

BR

Sir Oinksalot

BR

Dirttrackhog

The ruins are nice.  We stayed at bahia-principe.  Its actually 2 resorts in 1. Bahia principe tulum and bahia principe akumal.  All inclusive with airfare and bus from the airport was like $2100 for 7 days

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Dirttrackhog on January 05, 2014, 04:18:10 pm
The ruins are nice.  We stayed at bahia-principe.  Its actually 2 resorts in 1. Bahia principe tulum and bahia principe akumal.  All inclusive with airfare and bus from the airport was like $2100 for 7 days

...thanks dirttrack, that's where we are staying the first four days, then somewhere else for a week..
don't know where...

Razorback_Mack

Went there for my friends wedding. Those cenotes are the clearest water I've ever seen.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 08, 2014, 09:58:26 am
Went there for my friends wedding. Those cenotes are the clearest water I've ever seen.

...thanks Mack, the cenotes are on my list!!

(Tulum has underground rivers that have caused a few large pools of water inland---cenotes. I hope I explained this correctly)