Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anniversary Help on Places

Started by Arkiehawg (kingfish0318), November 26, 2013, 04:39:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

OK gang, need your help with suggestions.  Mrs. Arkiehawg and I are planning on a Caribbean trip next year for our 30th Anniversary.

We are looking at the D.R.; Costa Rica, U.S.V.I. and your additional thoughts.

Primarily searching for all-inclusives.

Tag your it....bring em' on please.
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

Boarcephus

We're looking at doing the same thing next year but are looking towards an all inclusive cruise.  Something about seeing different things is more attractive than staying in one place.  Looking forward to the responses here.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Arkiehawg (kingfish0318) on November 26, 2013, 04:39:56 pm
OK gang, need your help with suggestions.  Mrs. Arkiehawg and I are planning on a Caribbean trip next year for our 30th Anniversary.

We are looking at the D.R.; Costa Rica, U.S.V.I. and your additional thoughts.

Primarily searching for all-inclusives.

Tag your it....bring em' on please.

Don't know what your budget is, Arkiehawg, but I'd suggest looking outside of the Carribbean for something new.  Think South Seas, Polynesia.  Tahiti, Bora Bora.  My wife and I have done the all inclusive in that part of the world, and a cruise as well.  Knocks the socks off of the Carribbean.  And with the cruise industry suffering as many hits as it has in recent years, you can get a surprisingly affordable deal now.  Look at Paul Gauguin cruises.  Your wife will think she's in heaven.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 27, 2013, 08:41:43 am
Don't know what your budget is, Arkiehawg, but I'd suggest looking outside of the Carribbean for something new.  Think South Seas, Polynesia.  Tahiti, Bora Bora.  My wife and I have done the all inclusive in that part of the world, and a cruise as well.  Knocks the socks off of the Carribbean.  And with the cruise industry suffering as many hits as it has in recent years, you can get a surprisingly affordable deal now.  Look at Paul Gauguin cruises.  Your wife will think she's in heaven.

We're seriously looking at doing that again in 2015.  When you compare the costs of the Paul Gauguin with some of the all inclusives in the Caribbean it's not that much of a difference.  The drawback to the south Pacific is the travel to and from.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 27, 2013, 09:49:22 am
We're seriously looking at doing that again in 2015.  When you compare the costs of the Paul Gauguin with some of the all inclusives in the Caribbean it's not that much of a difference.  The drawback to the south Pacific is the travel to and from.

I agree it's a long way, but with a direct from Memphis to LAX, a two hour layover, then a late-night direct from LAX to Tahiti, it couldn't be planned much better.  The two times we've done it, I've slept pretty much the whole way from LAX to Tahiti (8 hours) and you land around 5:30 a.m. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

1highhog

My advice, stay away from the Caribbean, either go to a place like Kauai or it you truly love this woman and you must after staying hitched 30 years, take her to Bora Bora.  Please if you go to either place stay at least two weeks or you will just regret it later.

bennyl08

It depends on what you like to do, vacation wise. i've been on a couple of cruises, and I would recommend doing your own travel, maybe get a boat to take you to two different islands or so. Cruise ships are luxurious, but are pretty fake and you only get to see what they want you to see. It would be cheaper to just island hop yourself. On the flip side, the food on a cruise ship is delicious and "free".

As for Caribbean vs Pacific, I haven't been to any pacific tropical islands (Lord Howe and New Zealand are it), but I would venture a guess that they are likely better. Travel to there would be more expensive, but depending on where you go, it on the island could be much cheaper.

Congrats on 30 years.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Silence O the Hams

I vote for Malvern, its nice in the winter   :P

Silence O the Hams

Veritas Arkansas

Wife and I did the Excellence Resort in the DR for our honeymoon and loved it.  Beach was pretty, foot was good, drinks were good, nothing to complain about at all.  We went back on our 1st Anniversary to the Excellence Resort in Rivera Maya and loved that as well.

After doign a couple cruises and a couple all-inclusives, I'll never do a cruise again.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.