Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt Magazine State Park

Started by RazorbackRon, November 09, 2013, 07:29:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorbackRon

After living in AR for 50 years, finally made it to Mt Magazine State Park today.   Beautiful area, beautiful drive and a beautiful Lodge.  Next year, going to make it a goal to stay in one of their scenic cabins located on the bluff.   

Mother Nature has been beautiful in AR this fall.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Boarcephus

Quote from: RazorbackRon on November 09, 2013, 07:29:45 pm
After living in AR for 50 years, finally made it to Mt Magazine State Park today.   Beautiful area, beautiful drive and a beautiful Lodge.  Next year, going to make it a goal to stay in one of their scenic cabins located on the bluff.   

Mother Nature has been beautiful in AR this fall.

Made my first trip up there this year and it's nice.  Kinda neat to stand up there and overlook Blue Mountain Lake and see where my dad and I crappie fished years ago.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boll Hawg

I'd love to stay at the lodge and hike some trails.  I'm going to try and do that this spring/summer. 
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

old hog

Quote from: Boll Hawg on November 11, 2013, 10:37:31 am
I'd love to stay at the lodge and hike some trails.  I'm going to try and do that this spring/summer. 
Actually kinda nice for the fall/winter hike. No bugs, snakes or any other pesky varmints. Plus the views without the leaves is pretty cool.

Boll Hawg

Well, apparently the lodge is booked up almost through the next year.  Got to plan that trip waaay in advance.   
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

DeltaBoy

Great place I have driven through there but not stayed.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

razorbackinthegrove

The cabins are incredible, I spent a wekend in one and highly reccomend it