Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 MLB Draft Thread

Started by ucahogfan, May 24, 2017, 09:20:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 12, 2017, 08:31:39 pm
Jeren Kendall goes #23 to the Dodgers. Could be the steal of this draft if he eases the swing and miss concerns.

I said the same thing. A steal.

ucahogfan

The Cardinals are the only team without a pick tonight. They forfeited their first round pick for signing Dexter Fowler and forfeited their second round pick and Comp Round B pick as part of their breach of the Astros system.

futurehogdad

Quote from: woodrow hog call on June 12, 2017, 04:38:11 pm
That would be awesome, I don't think they've drafted an Arkansas kid since Rick Coatney.

I'm sure that's not entirely correct, but they don't take our guys very often.

Maybe Jimmy Kramer but Coatney is an Old School name for sure.

swineology

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 12, 2017, 08:47:02 pm
The Cardinals are the only team without a pick tonight. They forfeited their first round pick for signing Dexter Fowler and forfeited their second round pick and Comp Round B pick as part of their breach of the Astros system.

And the Cubbies get Lange and Little
:puke:

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 12, 2017, 08:31:39 pm
Jeren Kendall goes #23 to the Dodgers. Could be the steal of this draft if he eases the swing and miss concerns.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: swineology on June 12, 2017, 09:17:12 pm
And the Cubbies get Lange and Little
:puke:

Not a fan of the Cubs or the two pitchers they drafted?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

SPAL

You had to know the braves would take a hometown boy. Drew waters is the most recent....we've had several east Cobb boys that have had good success. Let's hope drew is the next.

SPAL

Gavin sheets and Jake Burger. White Sox adding some pop.

jry04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 12, 2017, 09:59:18 pm
Gavin sheets and Jake Burger. White Sox adding some pop.
And the 2nd Wake draft pick already. Pretty impressive. Last year they had a 1st rounder, but before that they had not had a guy taken before the 3rd round since 2008. They have 3 in 2 years now.

factchecker

Here is the MLB Draft twitter account:

https://twitter.com/MLBDraft

They are constantly updating the feed with the current picks.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogs49ers

How many picks are there tonight?
SCREW Vandy!

Birminghog

JHicks3636

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 12, 2017, 10:23:53 pm
How many picks are there tonight?

75-Rounds 1 and 2 and the two competitive balance rounds

SPAL

Hogs49ers

Thanks! I can't decide if I should be happy no Hogs have been taken or not...?
SCREW Vandy!

SPAL

Interestingly enough....pick 75 will be the Astros pick for the Cardinals hacking their scouting database....

SPAL

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 12, 2017, 10:37:31 pm
Thanks! I can't decide if I should be happy no Hogs have been taken or not...?

Be sad for Stephan....he isn't coming back.

JHicks3636

Finished for tonight. Rounds 3-10 tomorrow and 11-40 on Wednesday.

ucahogfan

Good night for the Hogs with no one being selected. Thought for sure we would hear both Knight and Bonnin called tonight.  Will be interesting to monitor the early rounds tomorrow to see if they are taken then.  Also should monitor bonus pools of teams which select them.

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 12, 2017, 10:38:56 pm
Be sad for Stephan....he isn't coming back.
Yeah, sure hoped he would be called tonight. Shouldn't last long tomorrow.

JHicks3636

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 12, 2017, 10:37:49 pm
Interestingly enough....pick 75 will be the Astros pick for the Cardinals hacking their scouting database....

They also received Pick #56 because of that as well.

SPAL

Slot range for round 3 is $511,900- $755,500. Nearly every pick in the first 2 rounds is 7 figures. Middle to late 3rd round vs 1st round money is a drastic difference. I'm starting to think Knight may be back. If he isn't off the board by pick 90, it's a good indicator he will return.

colbs

What time does the draft continue tomorrow?

SPAL

Quote from: colbs on June 12, 2017, 10:51:41 pm
What time does the draft continue tomorrow?

Pretty early....I think like 11am or something. It's not televised from here on out.

reptilehog

I'm all for our players or future players to get drafted.  Just want every single one of them to come back.  Not going to happen, but as a Hog fan, just want us to follow LSU's lead and get some kids back, and high school kids to tell the MLB to wait.

jry04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 12, 2017, 10:45:04 pm
Slot range for round 3 is $511,900- $755,500. Nearly every pick in the first 2 rounds is 7 figures. Middle to late 3rd round vs 1st round money is a drastic difference. I'm starting to think Knight may be back. If he isn't off the board by pick 90, it's a good indicator he will return.
Agreed, unless someone offers him above slot, I think he is back with anything after the 3rd round. Wil Crowe and Clarke Schmidt both had TJ and both went day 1. Knight would too as long as he didn't have a freak injury that prevented him from ever pitching again. All he has to do is add muscle and he is going to go 2nd round at the very least because you know they respect Dave's opinion, and he will pull as many strings as he can to get him taken equal or better to where he would go this year. There is still a good chance a team who plans on saving with their first round pick can offer someone like Knight 7 figures to sign if they really like him.

Today is going to be a very interesting day to watch. Bonnin and Tillo not going in the first few rounds today could be a good indication, too.

jackflash

have any of our high school pitchers been drafted yet. how many you think will make to Arkansas

Kevin

draft starts at noon central
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jry04

Quote from: jackflash on June 13, 2017, 10:40:31 am
have any of our high school pitchers been drafted yet. how many you think will make to Arkansas
No, and nobody will have an idea until after today or possibly tomorrow. I think you will have a pretty good idea if a recruit is not taken in the top 10 rounds then he is likely coming to school.

311Hog

Tillo just went pick no. 90 3rd round to KC maybe see in a Naturals jersey?

jbell96

Stephan to the Yankees at pick 92.

woodrow hog call

Stephan to the Yanks, Congratulations Trevor.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

SPAL

Royals bonus pool =8,076,900

SPAL

jry04

I am happy for Stephan. He made himself a lot of money by coming to school for one year. Tillo could have done the same, but it looks like he is gone. I cannot blame him, though.

TebowHater

https://twitter.com/MLBDraft/status/874682728859525121

Congrats indeed to Trevor. Deserved to go even higher - incredible what he did so fews year into his pitching career

jry04

Through 3 rounds and no Knight or any recruits besides Tillo. Looking good as of now. At this point, the only chance we have of losing Knight is if he is just dead set on leaving or someone drafts him that saves money elsewhere and can overpay. We are down to $500k slot value, and in a couple picks will be in the $400k.

hogfan14

Would be cool to see a Stephan vs. Benintendi matchup in a few years

colbs

I wonder what Bonnin, Rutledge, and Turney's number is?  Top 5 round money?

SPAL

Bonnin not being selected is as surprising as knight if not more

rljjr

Quote from: jry04 on June 13, 2017, 12:43:26 pm
I am happy for Stephan. He made himself a lot of money by coming to school for one year. Tillo could have done the same, but it looks like he is gone. I cannot blame him, though.

Here's hoping he realizes a solid year could bump him to a day one selection.

311Hog

Keegan Thompson - cubs and Will Toffey - A's two SEC guys recently drafted as well

bulldog04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 13, 2017, 12:58:03 pm
Bonnin not being selected is as surprising as knight if not more
^ This especially after reports he could go 50ish yesterday. Feel good about him and Turney now

jry04

Quote from: rljjr on June 13, 2017, 12:59:12 pm
Here's hoping he realizes a solid year could bump him to a day one selection.
It definitely could, but him being selected tells me they likely agreed on a number. These schools ask these kids ahead of time what their number is, and then pass on them if the number is too high. They run a great risk drafting a kid that won't sign and losing the money for their bonus pool. The Twins wanted to take McKay #1, but he wouldn't agree to their offer so they passed on him and took Royce Lewis.

SPAL

Quote from: jry04 on June 13, 2017, 01:02:16 pm
It definitely could, but him being selected tells me they likely agreed on a number. These schools ask these kids ahead of time what their number is, and then pass on them if the number is too high. They run a great risk drafting a kid that won't sign and losing the money for their bonus pool. The Twins wanted to take McKay #1, but he wouldn't agree to their offer so they passed on him and too Royce Lewis.

Yep. You're not drafting him if he didn't already agree

jry04

In my opinion, if we do not see Blaine's name called in the next round then he will not go until tomorrow. I think it means his number is too high and teams are staying away until the 11th round and on where they aren't penalized for not signing. Then, they can see how much they can save elsewhere and potentially get a top 3 round guy in Knight by overpaying after saving elsewhere. We need to hope he priced himself completely out of the draft, or a team with a high bonus pool doesn't draft him.

SPAL

Quote from: jry04 on June 13, 2017, 01:10:09 pm
In my opinion, if we do not see Blaine's name called in the next round then he will not go until tomorrow. I think it means his number is too high and teams are staying away until the 11th round and on where they aren't penalized for not signing. Then, they can see how much they can save elsewhere and potentially get a top 3 round guy in Knight by overpaying after saving elsewhere. We need to hope he priced himself completely out of the draft, or a team with a high bonus pool doesn't draft him.

The luxury of being a sophomore.

DeCori Green Eggs and Birmingham

Canaan Smith a surprise at 122

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

canaan smith just taken by the yanks at 122..  is that our recruit??

bulldog04