Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Arkansas Football Signing Class Projections

Started by Tomhog™, December 14, 2010, 02:45:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Laughing Hog

really didnt expect that from dgb. really bites
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

SoonerSooie

Re: DGB-- Crud, Crud, Crud!

Oh, well. That is one classy young man, and while this hurts, I wish him the best-- unless we play them.

hogs25

Whata drama queen DGB is.  Good luck

1967 Grad

SoonerSooie

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 01, 2012, 09:29:04 am
No Gardner, no DGB. I just don't understand why the top receivers aren't coming to Arkansas.

Surely you forgot to hit the sarcasm button, right?

bhshawgfan

Cresthog

At what point does Petrino's attitude and behavior really have to be taken seriously as a reason we are losing these guys.

The negative recruiting has to be KILLING us.

It's literally the ONLY logical reason.

cosmodrum

No Gardner, no DGB. I just don't understand why the top receivers aren't coming to Arkansas.

Tim Horton needs to go. I'd comment further, but I don't want to fill this thread with negativity, because I'm livid now. And oh lookie, Dale is on TV now.

Still a very good class.
Go away, batin'

whosiskid

Man! People are overreacting!

We are signing a great class. Yes, DGB is a disappointment, but we've signed some great players and we will sign more. And four years from now when they reevaluate this class and give it an overall #4 rating we'll all have better perspective.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

ChicoHog

I heard on ESPNU that clemson is in the hunt for Winston.  Hope he doesn't flip to them.  Any word on him yet?

Cresthog

If we don't get Winston, this is the 2010 class all over again.

FML.

cosmodrum

I just don't get it. Top 5 program, and we're getting beat by KY, MSU, and Vandy in recruiting. Something doesn't jive. I mean, VANDY.

Seriously, do kids think Petrino is the debbil?
Go away, batin'

Hayden1865

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 01, 2012, 10:01:36 am
I just don't get it. Top 5 program, and we're getting beat by KY, MSU, and Vandy in recruiting. Something doesn't jive. I mean, VANDY.

Yet we still beat them on the field.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

peakhog

I'll take finishing in top 3 SEC at end of seasons with bottom 1/3 recruiting rank every year. Miss St. is always toward the top and they always struggle to finish .500. Mizzou will have a rude awakening to the SEC next year. They will go 2-6 or maybe 3-5 in conference. As a wise old Indian once said "Endeavor to persevere". Go Hogs!

ChicoHog

We ahead of UK and MSU in recruiting based on ESPN.  Vandy is slightly ahead of us. 

Oliver

It's a serious problem.  And it's going to catch up to us very soon if things don't change in February.

ChicoHog

watching Noor Davis, Stanford recruit from florida on ESPNU right now.  Wow, what a solid speaker and professional looking and sounding HS athlete.  Very impressive.  Shows the type of kids Stanford can get with their academic reputation and now some really good football. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Oliver on February 01, 2012, 10:18:35 am
It's a serious problem.  And it's going to catch up to us very soon if things don't change in February.

You, and all your whiny biotches above, are complete idiots.

The talent level of our team is going UP, not down.  It's improved every year, and it has improved with this class, and will continue to do so.

You guys can't see the forest for the trees.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Oliver on February 01, 2012, 10:18:35 am

Really. Most of our classes have never ranked very high in the grand scheme of things. YET we have gone from a bad season CBP's first year here with Nutty's recruits to TWO ten win seasons. MAYBE CBP knows something you and I don't know.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cresthog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 01, 2012, 10:33:36 am
You guys can't see the forest for the trees.

Explain the 2010 class? How many guys have even made any impact at all? 3?

Us going after like 9 receivers was pretty indicative of how Petrino feels about that class.

azhog10

Vin signed per twitter. Only two left.

Farrestor

How can a Hog Fan gripe about anything that has happened in the last 3 years. Do you guys even remember some of those past seasons we had????? We will be ranked preseason top 10 and you guys are griping about recruiting?? Chris Gragg was a 2 star and don't get me wrong he deserved it, but than we transformed him into the number one pick in the NFL Draft for a TE. Get A Grip....
King Of DeQueen's Brilliance:
Man of the Silver Mountain - Live in Munich - 1977 - youtube it.

it eventually rolls into a slow blues jam with Dio sounding incredible.  Blackmore just eff's around most the time, dazzling as always.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: Cresthog on February 01, 2012, 09:33:59 am
At what point does Petrino's attitude and behavior really have to be taken seriously as a reason we are losing these guys.

The negative recruiting has to be KILLING us.

It's literally the ONLY logical reason.
imo has a lot to do with the sense entitlement shown by some on this board, the lack of respect for other schools and a gross lack of respect for the recruits in general. if i was a recruit and came on here i'd be pissed by the way some talk. just my perspective. and a legit one at that

whosiskid

Quote from: Farrestor on February 01, 2012, 10:39:04 am
How can a Hog Fan gripe about anything that has happened in the last 3 years. Do you guys even remember some of those past seasons we had????? We will be ranked preseason top 10 and you guys are griping about recruiting?? Chris Gragg was a 2 star and don't get me wrong he deserved it, but than we transformed him into the number one pick in the NFL Draft for a TE. Get A Grip....

I agree completely. Frankly the lack of perspective here by many is really depressing me. This is a GREAT recruiting class. DGB would have made it mythic, but this is an amazing class, full of outstanding defensive players that is our main need.

Now, is Winston the only commit not to send in their letter so far? If Diamond and Gregory are silent commits, we may only hear of one other player today. If Neal is still in play, we may not hear of ANY more signings today.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

idochog

Im laughin at all the bitchers.  When Grit Kirk was spewing his crap about the talent Nutt was bringing in, most of you bitchers were lapping up like crack cocaine.

CBP in the worst of times is doing 100x better than nutt did
I love Jesus!

RazorCrackFan

Whats up W winston and diamond fellas??

Kevin

Quote from: idochog on February 01, 2012, 10:54:05 am
Im laughin at all the bitchers.  When Grit Kirk was spewing his crap about the talent Nutt was bringing in, most of you bitchers were lapping up like crack cocaine.

CBP in the worst of times is doing 100x better than nutt did
+1
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tim Harris

RazorCrackFan

Thanks!! What time is diamond making his decision

whosiskid

Quote from: RazorCrackFan on February 01, 2012, 10:54:10 am
Whats up W winston and diamond fellas??

Winston announces later today. Diamond announces on Friday but allegedly let the coaches know last night so the lucky school can hold a slot. There are some rumors that Diamond and Gregory might be coming as a pair to Arkansas, but perhaps just Diamond.

But we have three slots to fill. 

Sugar Free Hog

If its 24 at the end of the day we have diamond. If its 23 we have diamond and neal. Correct?
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

respirback

Please, no more rumors.  I can't take it.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Sugar Free Hog on February 01, 2012, 11:02:23 am
If its 24 at the end of the day we have diamond. If its 23 we have diamond and neal. Correct?
We could always sign 24 this year and 26 next, so no it's not a given
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

oldfart

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 01, 2012, 11:05:05 am
We could always sign 24 this year and 26 next, so no it's not a given

no you cant. 25 is the max you can sign one year regardless. its not an average.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Sugar Free Hog on February 01, 2012, 11:02:23 am

Not necessarily. If the coaches know then why wait to sign an LOI? They won't know much earlier than we will.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: oldfart on February 01, 2012, 11:07:59 am
no you cant. 25 is the max you can sign one year regardless. its not an average.
well if that's the rule tennessee doesn't know that because they were saying on the call in shows here it may be advantageous for Dooley to only sign 24 this year so he can sign 26 next
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

CDBHawg

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 01, 2012, 11:16:03 am
Not necessarily. If the coaches know then why wait to sign an LOI? They won't know much earlier than we will.

Diamond has already told the school of choice. He did yesterday.

kingofdequeen

so did DGB. 

you rumor-monger's need to take a break for a few days.   you've been on OT for a while now.

Hogz87

Quote from: The Pig of destiny on February 01, 2012, 10:46:48 am
imo has a lot to do with the sense entitlement shown by some on this board, the lack of respect for other schools and a gross lack of respect for the recruits in general. if i was a recruit and came on here i'd be pissed by the way some talk. just my perspective. and a legit one at that

Right.  It's Hogville's fault we're not getting the big-time recruits.  Gotcha. 

Sugar Free Hog

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 01, 2012, 11:16:03 am

Diamond told the schools today. So if we hold a spot past NSD then it shoul be us.
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: Hogz87 on February 01, 2012, 11:44:43 am
Right.  It's Hogville's fault we're not getting the big-time recruits.  Gotcha.
i obviously have no way to prove this, but i stand by my opinion

nwarazfan

It doesn't make sense from a football perspective especially with Paul coming back.  This class also was presented with an opportunity to play right away. 

Next class will be a qb class.  Hope we aren't saying the same thing.

Tim Harris

I know most hate Dudley Dawson but he is reporting that Demetrius Dean is on campus, working out with the team, and will be part of the 25 kids in this class.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 01, 2012, 11:43:28 am
so did DGB. 

you rumor-monger's need to take a break for a few days.   you've been on OT for a while now.