Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extension chain saw recommendations

Started by RAZ FAN, July 19, 2018, 10:23:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RAZ FAN

Looking to buy a extension pole chain saw for my deer stand/hunting lanes. Any suggestions appreciated, they can be battery or electric.  Have a small generator I could if have to take in woods when clearing out. Thanks for any help.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

PharmacistHog

I just bought the stihl.  Kind of expensive but it cranks every time I go to use it.  I have had it probably 4 or 5 years and and use it a couple times a year and never had any issues with it. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

oldman1015

Quote from: RAZ FAN on July 19, 2018, 10:23:20 pm
Looking to buy a extension pole chain saw for my deer stand/hunting lanes. Any suggestions appreciated, they can be battery or electric.  Have a small generator I could if have to take in woods when clearing out. Thanks for any help.
You're gonna cut too much and not see deer.
Quote from: PharmacistHog on July 23, 2018, 02:27:39 pm
I just bought the stihl.  Kind of expensive but it cranks every time I go to use it.  I have had it probably 4 or 5 years and and use it a couple times a year and never had any issues with it. 
The only negative with the Stihl is it doesn't come with someone to pick up the limbs. What you cut in 30 minutes takes 4 hours to pick up.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: oldman1015 on July 24, 2018, 01:20:43 pm
You're gonna cut too much and not see deer. The only negative with the Stihl is it doesn't come with someone to pick up the limbs. What you cut in 30 minutes takes 4 hours to pick up.

I have a friend who let's me borrow one of his hired hands.  $100 and he will run that saw all day long.  I just follow on the wheeler and point and drink beer.  Then I just bushhog all the limbs.  If they are too big I shove them into the woods with my tractor. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

oldman1015

Quote from: PharmacistHog on July 24, 2018, 02:22:30 pm
I have a friend who let's me borrow one of his hired hands.  $100 and he will run that saw all day long.  I just follow on the wheeler and point and drink beer.  Then I just bushhog all the limbs.  If they are too big I shove them into the woods with my tractor. 
I like the way you think.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on July 24, 2018, 02:22:30 pm
Can I borrow your buddy's hand and your tractor? Oh and $100?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 24, 2018, 09:17:40 pm
Can I borrow your buddy's hand and your tractor? Oh and $100?

And my icechest full of beer? Here is one lane on one of my stands he trimmed. Its 350 yards.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

woodrow hog call

Quote from: PharmacistHog on July 25, 2018, 07:30:42 am
And my icechest full of beer? Here is one lane on one of my stands he trimmed. Its 350 yards.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Nice buck, and love seeing the kid with it, but next time drag it out of the corn pile before you take a picture with it. Make it look like you were really hunting.  ;)
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

PharmacistHog

Quote from: woodrow hog call on July 25, 2018, 12:58:12 pm

Nice buck, and love seeing the kid with it, but next time drag it out of the corn pile before you take a picture with it. Make it look like you were really hunting.  ;)

We had been REALLY hunting all season long.  That was December the 9th.  Running out of time.  I corned up my own stand and let him sit in my lap.  We watched that deer a couple days earlier for a solid hour down at the end of the lane.  Few days later he walked out about 9AM.  He was a happy camper.  Best buck he has killed.  And it didn't drop.  He had to go find the deer in a thicket.  Found it himself and it wasn't bleeding.  I knew he had hit it cuz it donkey kicked when he shot it.  I have a couple pics in the woods where he found it.  I just wanted to get one of him in the lane with him. 

woodrow hog call

Quote from: PharmacistHog on July 25, 2018, 01:54:47 pm
We had been REALLY hunting all season long.  That was December the 9th.  Running out of time.  I corned up my own stand and let him sit in my lap.  We watched that deer a couple days earlier for a solid hour down at the end of the lane.  Few days later he walked out about 9AM.  He was a happy camper.  Best buck he has killed.  And it didn't drop.  He had to go find the deer in a thicket.  Found it himself and it wasn't bleeding.  I knew he had hit it cuz it donkey kicked when he shot it.  I have a couple pics in the woods where he found it.  I just wanted to get one of him in the lane with him. 

Sorry, just ribbin a little, that's an awesome day for a boy his age, good that you let him go find it too. I always want kids to track to the deer even if they see it go down, find every spec of blood just like you would if you didn't know where it went.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

PharmacistHog

Quote from: woodrow hog call on July 25, 2018, 02:09:18 pm

Sorry, just ribbin a little, that's an awesome day for a boy his age, good that you let him go find it too. I always want kids to track to the deer even if they see it go down, find every spec of blood just like you would if you didn't know where it went.

Oh I knew you were teasing.  That was a good hunt though really.  He got all nervous.  He wanted me to look and see if it was big enough.  I finally was able to peak around him through the scope and just said "shoot that deer".  I drawed down and shook and huffed and puffed.  Finally laid the gun down.  Said "daddy, I'm too nervous.  Gotta calm down".  Then he drawed down again and took a deep breath and squeezed the trigger. He saw him kick and said " I got HIM".  But there was NO blood.  none.  I was crawling on hands and knees and looked up and my boy is stomping off down a deer trail through the thicket.  I finally saw a speck and hollared for him to come look and looked up and all I saw was orange going through the thicket.  Next thing I heard was " here he is".  Really great day. 

bolo

Quote from: PharmacistHog on July 25, 2018, 02:42:32 pm
Oh I knew you were teasing.  That was a good hunt though really.  He got all nervous.  He wanted me to look and see if it was big enough.  I finally was able to peak around him through the scope and just said "shoot that deer".  I drawed down and shook and huffed and puffed.  Finally laid the gun down.  Said "daddy, I'm too nervous.  Gotta calm down".  Then he drawed down again and took a deep breath and squeezed the trigger. He saw him kick and said " I got HIM".  But there was NO blood.  none.  I was crawling on hands and knees and looked up and my boy is stomping off down a deer trail through the thicket.  I finally saw a speck and hollared for him to come look and looked up and all I saw was orange going through the thicket.  Next thing I heard was " here he is".  Really great day. 
that's awesome
R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends