Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What I see is not Lack of coaching.

Started by Piggfoot, November 05, 2017, 07:47:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

I saw linemen beaten attempting to block.
I saw three defensive linemen beaten by five young linemen, two freshmen, two redshirt freshmen and one sophomore.  Most of their runs were away from Agim.
Saw three out of four linebackers completely out of position.
I saw defensive backs completely beaten on deep and mid patterns.
I saw a 5'8" senior QB throw deeper more accurate passes than our 6'7" developing QB.
I saw a team with not much better talent than the Razorbacks with the exception of our running backs.
I saw a team absolutely set up for a trap game perhaps partying too much or thinking about partying.
I saw a Stadium and fan base absolutely void of support for the players, there are other more adult ways to express displeasure with the coaching. Letters to the University for one.
I don't ever want to hear any comments mostly I suspect from NEA so called fans say any negative about not filling up WMS.
If there is a negative about CBB it is his inability to bring enough quality players from other states to play at Arkansas. He did it for 6 years at Wisconsin. Why not Arkansas?
My answer to that is he is now in a tougher conference. And if you want to be Honest Madison is a better town than Fayetteville.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

jst01

Hogvillage Idiot

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Sho Nuff

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 05, 2017, 07:47:28 pm
I saw three defensive linemen beaten by five young linemen, two freshmen, two redshirt freshmen and one sophomore.  Most of their runs were away from Agim.
I saw a 5'8" senior QB throw deeper more accurate passes than our 6'7" developing QB.
I saw a team with not much better talent than the Razorbacks with the exception of our running backs.
I saw a team absolutely set up for a trap game perhaps partying too much or thinking about partying.
I saw a Stadium and fan base absolutely void of support for the players, there are other more adult ways to express displeasure with the coaching. Letters to the University for one.
I don't ever want to hear any comments mostly I suspect from NEA so called fans say any negative about not filling up WMS.
If there is a negative about CBB it is his inability to bring enough quality players from other states to play at Arkansas. He did it for 6 years at Wisconsin. Why not Arkansas?
My answer to that is he is now in a tougher conference. And if you want to be Honest Madison is a better town than Fayetteville.

No.

rtr

This has to qualify as one of the worst opening posts since Hogville came into existence.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Hawginj

Quote from: rtr on November 05, 2017, 07:54:52 pm
This has to qualify as one of the worst opening posts since Hogville came into existence.
Dilly! Dilly!

David†

Nothing there that's not correctable with good coaching.

Sooie71923

Agree 100%. 

It's not coaching when the player gets beat one on one. At some point the players have to man up and execute.

Bubba's Bruisers

End thread. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hoglady

Just no - Stop.
There's no excuse for the state of the program - it's Bret's program.
Time to gut it on the coaching side and start from scratch.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Vantage 8 dude

Interesting that your first six or seven observations had to do with players being out of position, being outplayed, etc. and yet you preface all this by titling your post "What I see is not Lack of coaching" ??? :o ::) Totally and completed amazing. Have a dictionary handy? If so I suggest you look up the word "oxymoron". That will tell you everything you need to know. But I will agree with you about one thing: Madison hasn't been named "top party college town in America" virtually every year for the past three decades for no reason.

3Scoreand10

Coaches teach athletes how to play football.
Athletes are born, football players are taught.

Bubba's Bruisers

I refuse to believe we're this dense, so I'll just believe the OP is some troll attempt.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

theFlyingHog

You say it's not coaching and then list a bunch of things that a good coach corrects. You might need to go back to watching soccer because you don't know a damn thing about football

Ilikthiskindaparty

This......
Nothing there that's not correctable with good coaching.
I'm going to be here all day.

twistitup

Not just coaching....I see a coaching, recruiting, and player development problem
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

grayhawg

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 05, 2017, 08:09:11 pm
You say it's not coaching and then list a bunch of things that a good coach corrects. You might need to go back to watching soccer because you don't know a damn thing about football

Ding  Ding   Ding

We have a winner!  Good coaches correct those issues.  Try again.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

dhizzle

It's all about playing an offensive and defensive scheme around the players in your region. Barry Alvarez said it when he was at the touchdown club. They have good offensive lineman for smash mouth football because of where those families have immigrated from when we were building this country. Up north they have big Norwegian football players so they run people over.

BrickTwnHog

They are not even close in the talent department with us. Now CC is a lot better coached team, about half of what you said has everything to do with coaching. This coach has lost this team and they ared no longer ating with the "run through a brick wall" for their leader mentality. Letters are not going to get it done, butts in t be seats is the largest message to any sports team in any sport on any level that the fans, to the ones financing everything are not happy. I can not understand why people want to continue to give this guy a pass on the full responsibility of the state of the hog program. If CC is truly more talented than us then that is the biggest reason he should be fired. So even your failed attempt to try and put this on player ability you have proofed that he needs to go. Although asci stated I don't buy the fact we lack talent, Alabama talent no, but enough talent to win 8-10 games a year yes. If we had a good coach we would not be having these conversations because we would h ave won 18-20 games the previous 2 seasons and would give a man a break who has so many starters out for injury. Although I think with a good coach we still win 7-8 games this year with all the injuries.

Fatbackhawgballz

There's no way to sugarcoat it and make it where it's not on Bret. Nobody on this board can say that it's lack of talent either. We have talent in positions that look like we don't right now. The fact is we've become soft. Bielema is to much about being the players friend instead of their coach. For example taking away two a days a year or two ago. Stuff like that is the reason we're in this position right now. They're physically or mentally to play week in and week in a college football season. You didn't see anything like this at Wisconsin because Alvarez wouldn't allow it.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Tusks

I'm gonna get Lanny to have a HV poker tournament.  Cause some of you in dire need of a financial arse cleaning.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Temprees

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 05, 2017, 08:00:43 pm
Agree 100%. 

It's not coaching when the player gets beat one on one. At some point the players have to man up and execute.
1.  Coaches need to teach the proper techniques, and 2. The coaches need to play the best players.  Our coaches do neither.

Youngsta71701

November 05, 2017, 08:52:34 pm #24 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:06:13 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 05, 2017, 08:00:43 pm
Agree 100%. 

1. It's hard for a safety to cover a receiver. How does a safety get matched up with a receiver? Yep, you guessed it. Coaching scheme.
2. It's hard for 3 defensive linemen to win against 5 offensive linemen. Last time I checked 5 was greater than 3. How does 3 defensive linemen get matched up with 5 offensive linemen? Yep, you guessed it. Coach scheme.
3. It's hard for any DB to cover any receiver when your 3 man rush is not getting pressure on opposing quarterbacks. Why do you rush only 3 players on almost 90% of the plays? Yep, you guessed it. Coaching scheme.
4. It's hard for any DB to cover any receiver if the receiver is free to just run around wherever he wants to with no resistance. How do you get the DB's to get a little closer to the receivers and start challenging him a little bit you say? Yep, once again you guessed it. Coaching scheme.
5. You can't expect your starting strong safety to consistently cover a wide receiver and eventually not get burned. How do you get Ramirez covering receivers instead of Richardson? Yep, once again you got it. Coaching scheme.
6. Why stay with a 3 man front when you see we can't get pressure on the quarterback and we still can't stop the run consistently? We don't even know how to line up correctly when we get a chance to play our base 3-4 defense. It's sad... :(. Guess what that is? Coaching.

There is no way Ramirez should be matched one on one with anybody. Maybe a tight end... :-\. Now Toliver that's a different story. I feel he gets beat every time he plays soft coverage. When he gets up and can put his hands on someone he does pretty good.

I think you get the point. 99% of the what's going on is coaching. We may not have the best talent but no doubt we are much more talented than Coastal Carolina. And South Carolina for that matter. We have a enough 4 stars on this team to play way better than we currently are. Good coaching is not necessarily about bringing strengths to the forefront. It's about which coach can hide a teams weaknesses better. And we constantly find a way to expose our own weaknesses. The opponent doesn't have to do much because we do it to ourselves.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: twistitup on November 05, 2017, 08:09:39 pm
Not just coaching....I see a coaching, recruiting, and player development problem
99% A & C.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HiggiePiggy

Nope it's never coaches fault..... at least according to the OP.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hehawg

Brets inability to bring in quality players reflects on Bret. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Why you ask, I have no idea as does everyone else but what I do know is that he has had enough time to figure it out and has failed miserably
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

cjack

So, excluding our running backs, Coastal Carolina has better football players than Arkansas? 

That has to be the most Bielema thing I've ever heard a Bielemer say. 

And people are questioning my thread when I said there were still Bielema lovers on here.

But it's funny that I don't see those same people on a CBB fluff thread like this one.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

What kinda damn football have you been watching OP??? That was dumber than dinosaur chit...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hawginj

31to6

When you say that it sounds to me like "I see several problems, all of which are the head coaches responsibility"

AflacHawg

Here is the Number ONE biggest problem I see. There is absolutely too much emphasis put on developing brute force strength and that does looks good in the mirror and for selfies. Problem with that is you can't block what you can't get to and you can't tackle what you can't catch. I see lineman that don't move there feet especially in pass protection, as they lose contact with their man they start reaching instead of shuffling from side to side or back peddling and I could go on and on.....

Off Season drills (for this team at the moment) should be 65% as a base on Speed, Agility and Quickness. Some players may need more and some less.

Speed Kills and what training they do now is absolutely killing the agility, quickness and speed they start with.  (amazing what a now project manager in construction can see during the summer)

Porkchop#1

If there is a negative about CBB

If?????  Obviously you're a wee bit slow to catch on.

Pig In The City

I'm not sure what happened but the loss of Pittman seems to have started the fall.

la20688

To the OP, I say this. That was a great list of negatives and reasons why this program is so horrible at the moment. A lot for a head coach to over come to win here. My question is: How the heck did Bobby do it then?

sigpooie

It's not the players, it's the coaching. Anyone who has a good knowledge of football could have put 8 to 9 wins with this group of players. But it would have to start by getting a real training staff. Who have a detailed plan from a knowledgable head coach who has placed a plan that uses the strength's of his players to excuse a well thought out plan against all 12 teams you expect to play this year.
If your making 4 million a year you could spend a few hundred thousand on building a war room that processes all those thing's that get you beat so you don't keep doing them. At Bama they have a grad program that supplies eggheads to help the players keep up with each team and opposing players.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 05, 2017, 08:59:33 pm
Nope it's never coaches fault..... at least according to the OP.

Since the coaches don't have any fault they don't need them................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig In The City on November 05, 2017, 11:35:44 pm
I'm not sure what happened but the loss of Pittman seems to have started the fall.

It started before that. but you make a good point. THREE coaching loses have affected things. Partridge, Pittman and Shannon. They bad part is that CBB came here partly for not wanting as much assistant coaching changes. MAYBE some of those changes he had in Wisconsin weren't for the reasons we have been told.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Rayzback

Whatever will poor Coach B do? Not being able to recruit enough players capable of dominating Costal Carolina and all.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

farmhawg

Then move back to Madison. Take dumpling with you.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Snorts

We don't play hard, except in spurts.  That is why all those things happen with such regularity.

Getting the kids to play hard is every coaches first responsibility.  Everything comes from that.  It should be a given both teams are playing hard, sort of a universal starting place where strategies come into play, where technique matters.

Get one squad loafing, giving less than 100% and nothing matters.  They have to massively out-athlete the other squad to win.

Bert has failed in his first responsibility, thus all facets of the team collapse.  We loaf, we don't pursue like virtually all other teams in America, and we look slow, weak and stupid as our opponents rip through us, hair on fire, at 100 mph.

It is a disgrace, and a blind man should be able to see this.

Athog

Nailed it!!

hogsolutely

This room was opened just to Pi$$ people off! It all hinges on coaching!  Good lord what an idiot statement!

TrueBlue

Madison? Really? I have been there, done that, and couldn't wait until I got out of that hell-hole.

https://www.clrsearch.com/Madison-Demographics/WI/Quality-of-Life?compare=Fayetteville%2C+AR

I have been to every town/city that has a SEC or Big 10 team and Fayetteville (and the surrounding areas) are some of the nicest around. I get tired of hearing that we can't recruit to Fayetteville. THAT is just an excuse.

If a HC can recruit to Starksville, Gainesville, Oxford, or Columbia, we can recruit to NWA.

Same goes with the Big 10. - Have you ever been to Ann Arbor? How about Lincoln, NE? (Talk about in the middle of no-where land!)

cjack

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 06, 2017, 08:03:23 am
Madison? Really? I have been there, done that, and couldn't wait until I got out of that hell-hole.

https://www.clrsearch.com/Madison-Demographics/WI/Quality-of-Life?compare=Fayetteville%2C+AR

I have been to every town/city that has a SEC or Big 10 team and Fayetteville (and the surrounding areas) are some of the nicest around. I get tired of hearing that we can't recruit to Fayetteville. THAT is just an excuse.

If a HC can recruit to Starksville, Gainesville, Oxford, or Columbia, we can recruit to NWA.

Same goes with the Big 10. - Have you ever been to Ann Arbor? How about Lincoln, NE? (Talk about in the middle of no-where land!)

Oh Lord.  Here comes the poor lil Ole Arky folks. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

BearsBisonsBoars

Madison is emphaticly not a better town than Fayetteville.

A lot of the things you listed are the result of coaching. QB isn't developing? Coaching .

Linemen missing assignments? Coaching.

DBs oit of position?  Coaching.

Failure to gameplan a way to utilise your star D Lineman? Most certainly coaching.

Piss-poor troll job. 2/10.

hogsanity

There you go, it is a combination of these things.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogginbama

Why? Because it goes against the opinion of the majority on here?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

jneal56

I quit reading when you said they ran away from Agim.  He was ejected early in the game so he wasn't a factor. Being that your keen ability of observation missed that one little detail, I quit reading because the rest would most definitely be crap anyway.
"At least we are moral"