Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those who said CBB was better than Gus...

Started by houstonoutgusin, October 19, 2013, 07:36:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

houstonoutgusin

What are your thoughts now?  I have been a Gus fan a long time...just look at my user name. Gus wins. Period. Oh look, Bama just scored again.

PeabodyHawg

Gus with this team would be no better.  He's coaching a team that was recruited to run his style. 

RazorPiggie

Arkansas Fan

Auburn's players were recruited by Gus for Gus. Bielema has hardly anything to work with.

What will you say when we kick Auburn's ass for years to come? Will you still be slobbering all over Gus' nuts like Petrino's?

Hawginj

That BB is better than Gus and he will prove it in 2 weeks. Might as well change the name of this place to gusville and mods can delete my account im tired of reading this trash from idiots.  Go hogs!

Dr. Starcs

I swear these freaking Gus/bobby huggers are gonna be the death of hogville.

HogFries

R u an auburn troll or just a malzon nutt hugger?

eabrown

But BB is going to give us something we have never had before, a winless SEC season!

Hogarusa

Its 8 weeks into the first season.  Lets wait until year 4 and have the conversation
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

wupigsuey

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on October 19, 2013, 07:39:48 pm
Gus with this team would be no better.  He's coaching a team that was recruited to run his style. 

Disagree. The only thing that can equalize a lack of talent is scheme. Perzackly why BP was successful here. We cant recruit as well as some so we must have a system coach....aka gus/bp
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

PorkSoda

the hardest part of watching us lose everyweek is watching teams we should beat win
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

fuzion1

Amen brother!! We should have got Gus while we had the chance.  We blew it like we always do. We make the worst mistake and fire Bobby. Then we make another mistake by hiring JLS.  Then we make another mistake by not hiring Gus.  When will we learn??  What idiots do we have running the show on the hill?

East Clintwood

I don't want Gus anywhere near the Razorbacks.

At this point I'm not too thrilled with the guy we got but I'd still rather have him than Gus.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

farmhawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 19, 2013, 07:44:54 pm
the hardest part of watching us lose everyweek is watching teams we should beat win
Truth. We need leadership.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ShadowTheHedgehog

We were close with TAMU, Gus inherited a loaded team, and he is a pretty good O minded guy so he beat TAMU. Hmmm ok so what?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on October 19, 2013, 07:39:48 pm

Gus with this team would be a lot better!  3-4 years from now, maybe not (time will tell)...but this year, Gus would be much better!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Pig In The City

Quote from: wupigsuey on October 19, 2013, 07:43:16 pm
Disagree. The only thing that can equalize a lack of talent is scheme. Perzackly why BP was successful here. We cant recruit as well as some so we must have a system coach....aka gus/bp

I guess we will find out in about three years but not any sooner so relax.   That is a long time to have your second set of cheeks in your throat.

FANONTHEHILL

Gus recruited, left for a year, and them came back to players recruited for his system.  What Auburn is doing is not that surprising.  I like Gus also.  I don't think he ever had a chance to be the coach here due to the politics and in-fighting within the state.  I will always pull for Gus uness they face the Hogs.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

HogFries

Quote from: wupigsuey on October 19, 2013, 07:43:16 pm

Is that why Texas Tech, Cinci, UNC, West Virginia, ect are always  power houses?  Gimick offenses are just that.  Eventualy they will be figured out.  What u cant figure out is good fundamental football, kick the guys ass across from you. We r not there yet. If we recruit well, we can get there. 

EulessHog

Quote from: farmhawg on October 19, 2013, 07:46:12 pm
Truth. We need leadership.....

The longest losing streak in our HISTORY is eight games.  We are five down with but four to go to break the record.  This after all the trash talking by BB.  The man seriously needs to walk the walk now.  There are too many loud mouths out there already.
Go Hogs Go!

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 19, 2013, 07:47:47 pm
Gus with this team would be a lot better!  3-4 years from now, maybe not (time will tell)...but this year, Gus would be much better!
I respectfully disagree my fellow Hog fan.  There is no way the players we have right now could run Malzhahn's offense.  We are what we are.

EulessHog

Jones, Malzahn or any of a number coaches could have done just as good or better than BB at Arkansas.  I don't get all the BB kissers.  BB has a job to do and he needs to get on it. 
Go Hogs Go!

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 19, 2013, 07:40:50 pm
Auburn's players were recruited by Gus for Gus. Bielema has hardly anything to work with.

What will you say when we kick Auburn's ass for years to come? Will you still be slobbering all over Gus' nuts like Petrino's?
And all we hear you say was..."look at me! I don't know shat"!!
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

dc10x1103

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 19, 2013, 07:45:14 pm
I don't want Gus anywhere near the Razorbacks.

At this point I'm not too thrilled with the guy we got but I'd still rather have him than Gus.
what are you going to say when gus comes home?   you can follow BB to where ever he lands and watch his offense "shine".

4me2know

Quote from: houstonoutgusin on October 19, 2013, 07:36:52 pm
What are your thoughts now?  I have been a Gus fan a long time...just look at my user name. Gus wins. Period. Oh look, Bama just scored again.
I don't care

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 19, 2013, 07:41:10 pm
I swear these freaking Gus/bobby huggers are gonna be the death of hogville.

+1000

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: houstonoutgusin on October 19, 2013, 07:36:52 pm
www.autigers.com. Please reference this address for all your "I want to date and eventually marry Gus" correspondence.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: fuzion1 on October 19, 2013, 07:45:13 pm
Amen brother!! We should have got Gus while we had the chance.  We blew it like we always do. We make the worst mistake and fire Bobby. Then we make another mistake by hiring JLS.  Then we make another mistake by not hiring Gus.  When will we learn??  What idiots do we have running the show on the hill?
Please address all your romantic poems and love sonnets to Gus care of www.autigers.com. In the meantime leave the rest of us in peace. BTW I hope your marriage proposal to him is accepted even though he already has a looney wife.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: cwhite4455 on October 19, 2013, 07:51:10 pm
The longest losing streak in our HISTORY is eight games.  We are five down with but four to go to break the record.  This after all the trash talking by BB.  The man seriously needs to walk the walk now.  There are too many loud mouths out there already.
You better hurry 'cause several others have already expressed their undying love and devotion to St. Gussie. I never realized how many apparently have an almost slavish and "stalker" like devotion and obsession with him. And here I thought his wife was nutty! Now I realize some of you out there are even crazier about him than she likely ever thought to be! BTW I hope your late start in posting your "undying love" to GM isn't a hinderance to your eventually "meeting up" with him. Maybe you can set up your own private website and send him love notes and poems waxing eloquently about your feelings and such.......

Atlhogfan1

Gus would be stupid to choose Arkansas over Auburn from a career standpoint.

Same as with Briles or Gundy, he would be receiving criticism this season for trying to run his offense with a team whose best offensive players are a FB, TB and center and with an overmatched D.  Our fans' tantrums would be as easily predicted as they are now with the comments like a B1G coach just didn't know how hard the SEC is and it is why he is struggling and can't win here. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

dc10x1103

the sad truth is.......yes, gus is a better coach than BB. gus at least is not so rigid that he would continue to flay a dead horse and run an offense that has no hope of being successful here.  and if you think recruiting will end this nightmare, I hate to inform you that the chances are remote.  BB needs a QB and WR's, and you really think he will get either when the QB will be handing off 7 out of 10 plays and the WR's will be blocking down-field the same 7 out of 10?  no, they will be at the schools running the offenses that will showcase their talents.

houstonoutgusin

Reviving my old thread.  Many, many people on here said "wait 4 years and then we'll see how much better BB is than Gus."  I've been waiting several years to revive this post.  I am a UofA grad, live in NWA, and a Hog fan for life.  But, we made the wrong decision on BB.  Saying "I told you so" just feels awful because it means we're failing as a team, but to all you who were in love with BB you should have opened your eyes when the hire was made instead of sipping the cool-aid.  Gus has his own players, and the 13th ranked team in the nation.  Where are we?  Unable to beat a bad aTm team. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: houstonoutgusin on September 25, 2017, 11:17:42 am
Reviving my old thread.  Many, many people on here said "wait 4 years and then we'll see how much better BB is than Gus."  I've been waiting several years to revive this post.  I am a UofA grad, live in NWA, and a Hog fan for life.  But, we made the wrong decision on BB.  Saying "I told you so" just feels awful because it means we're failing as a team, but to all you who were in love with BB you should have opened your eyes when the hire was made instead of sipping the cool-aid.  Gus has his own players, and the 13th ranked team in the nation.  Where are we?  Unable to beat a bad aTm team. 

Pretty sure Gus isn't gonna be our next coach.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jimmiewkersh

Too many Burned Bridges to repair and too many hurt feelings.

Silver Hog

Gus is 13 this week, are we above 70?  Bobby is 17. Where are we at?