Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacorey Williams averaging 17ppg

Started by Kenny Sowers, March 15, 2017, 09:01:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Sowers

Just realized how well he is playing this year.
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

bigred223

He would've been great to have at the 4 this year. Too bad he couldn't do the right things when he was here.

Razorback Mac

Quote from: bigred223 on March 15, 2017, 09:17:04 pm
He would've been great to have at the 4 this year. Too bad he couldn't do the right things when he was here.
Would have been out of eligibility this year.

Hog Solo

Jacorey is a bad apple.  Between the counterfeiting and the thrown shoe in our last dance, plus all the rest of extracurricular activities the dude had to go.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hog Solo on March 15, 2017, 09:24:29 pm
Jacorey is a bad apple.  Between the counterfeiting and the thrown shoe in our last dance, plus all the rest of extracurricular activities the dude had to go.

Word on Saturday that he has turned it around off the court as well.

Hog Solo

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 15, 2017, 09:30:06 pm
Word on Saturday that he has turned it around off the court as well.

Good for him and good for Arkansas for kicking his ass out.

ChicoHog

Maybe the red shirt year helped him grow on and off the court. Hope he has learned his lesson.  Became conference player of the year at MTSU.   

Hog Solo

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 15, 2017, 09:54:56 pm
Maybe the red shirt year helped him grow on and off the court. Hope he has learned his lesson.  Became conference player of the year at MTSU.   

Instead of 16-16 last year we could've had a good season if him and beard didn't screw up like they did in the offseason. Jacorey was the upperclassmen,  he should've put a stop but didn't.

Stewhog 11

Quote from: Hog Solo on March 15, 2017, 09:24:29 pm

To be fair I don't think throwing the shoe on the court was on the same level as counterfeiting.

Hog Solo

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on March 15, 2017, 10:03:13 pm
To be fair I don't think throwing the shoe on the court was on the same level as counterfeiting.

Honestly who throws a shoe?  It might be worse.

JayHog

Conference USA player of the year.
Conference USA newcomer of the year.
Conference USA 1st team all-conference.
Scored 544 points this year to rank 10th all-time for single season scoring at MTSU.

Hog Solo

Quote from: JayHog on March 15, 2017, 10:12:46 pm
Conference USA player of the year.
Conference USA newcomer of the year.
Conference USA all-defensive team.

Your point?

onebadrubi

The shoe was hilarious and not a negative on a player at any point of his career!  Ridiculous to even try and knock the young man for that.  It was hilarious while the ref refused to stop the play to help madden get his shoe back on.  You could even say without the shoe throw we lose to wofford

hoglady

Good for Jacorey.
Hopefully the move was good for him on and off the court.
Sometimes in life you need to re-boot.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hog Solo

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 15, 2017, 10:16:25 pm
The shoe was hilarious and not a negative on a player at any point of his career!  Ridiculous to even try and knock the young man for that.  It was hilarious while the ref refused to stop the play to help madden get his shoe back on.  You could even say without the shoe throw we lose to wofford

If you say so.  Thank god for that shoe throw!

JayHog

Quote from: Hog Solo on March 15, 2017, 10:14:07 pm
Your point?

The point related to the OP. I notice people around Hogville have a problem staying on point. A thread starts out as one thing, then people's minds just drift and they end up talking about something completely different by the end of the thread.

The original statement that started this thread was "I just realized how well he was playing this year". I threw his conference awards and achievements out there to add to the original point of this thread... to stay on point.  So, does that clarify my "point" to you. I can go slower if that's what you need.

bphi11ips

Dude was a bricklayer at Arkansas.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hog Solo

Quote from: JayHog on March 15, 2017, 10:24:31 pm
The point related to the OP. I notice people around Hogville have a problem staying on point. A thread starts out as one thing, then people's minds just drift and they end up talking about something completely different by the end of the thread.

The original statement that started this thread was "I just realized how good he was playing this year". I threw his conference awards and achievements out there to add to the original point of this thread, to stay on point.  So, does that clarify my "point" to you. I can go slower if that's what you need.

Wow, no.  Have at it.   I do have an issue with a topic about an ex hog that threw a monkey wrench in our season last year and then a "hog fan" posting about his accolades this season.  Sorry it rubs me the wrong way.

mountainhog

His nickname around our house was - Noscorey Williams.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

hawginbigd1

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 15, 2017, 10:25:35 pm
Worse than that he was a turnover a minute player, no missing from me! Conference USA is horrible.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Hog Solo on March 15, 2017, 10:07:42 pm
Honestly who throws a shoe?  It might be worse.
Maybe he's the guy who threw that shoe at George W. Bush once...

hobhog

Didn't he get some sort of assault charge after counterfeiting charge?

Birminghog

Everybody gets a chance to grow up if they live long enough. Hope Jacorey learned from his mistakes and has turned it around. None of us are benefitted by the buttheads in society. Wish the young man well. Just wish he had put it together when he was with us.

BigSexyHog

Ahhh yes.  The good old bash the ex hogs crowd.  You never let me down.  Just bash and bash and bash away.  Yes he screwed up and yes he was a knucklehead but it's just so funny to watch some just always bash ex hogs.   And yes he needed to be dismissed from the program.  Sometimes that is the wake up call people need.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 15, 2017, 10:25:35 pm
BINGO !  when Jacorey was here, first of all, the odds of his making a jumper were around 1 in 4 at best.....and the second thought in my mind when Jacorey elevated for a jumper in "THE BUD" was is this jumper going to do damage to our equipment ....I kid you not...the guy couldn't make anything past a stick back and if he made two free throws consecutively my whole family would burst into a spontaneous applause
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hog Solo

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 16, 2017, 12:01:17 am
Ahhh yes.  The good old bash the ex hogs crowd.  You never let me down.  Just bash and bash and bash away.  Yes he screwed up and yes he was a knucklehead but it's just so funny to watch some just always bash ex hogs.   And yes he needed to be dismissed from the program.  Sometimes that is the wake up call people need.

Who's bashing?  Guy was a troublemaker here and he was dismissed from the program and university. There's some difference between him and most exes don't you think?

popcornhog

Quote from: Hog Solo on March 15, 2017, 10:19:27 pm
If you say so.  Thank god for that shoe throw!

Man, you really don't like Jacorey, do you?

He screwed up pretty bad on the counter fitting stuff, but context matters. When kids make big major dumb mistakes like that, the key is how they bounce back.

By all indications he has bounced back very well on and off the court. I'll be pulling for him and MTSU.
WPS

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: JayHog on March 15, 2017, 10:24:31 pm

The original statement that started this thread was "I just realized how well he was playing this year". I threw his conference awards and achievements out there to add to the original point of this thread... to stay on point.  So, does that clarify my "point" to you. I can go slower if that's what you need.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: popcornhog on March 16, 2017, 07:28:43 am
Man, you really don't like Jacorey, do you?

He screwed up pretty bad on the counter fitting stuff, but context matters. When kids make big major dumb mistakes like that, the key is how they bounce back.

By all indications he has bounced back very well on and off the court. I'll be pulling for him and MTSU.

There are just people in our society (usually right winged lunatics) who expect everyone to be perfect 24/7. Their mistakes are acceptable but others aren't. I'm not condoning his actions. They were wrong. But we have an element in our society that has an extremely unhealthy need to punish people. Like a bunch of backwards puritans. You don't destroy a young mans life over one foolish mistake. We all did things when we were young.

Hog Solo

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 16, 2017, 07:49:40 am
There are just people in our society (usually right winged lunatics) who expect everyone to be perfect 24/7. Their mistakes are acceptable but others aren't. I'm not condoning his actions. They were wrong. But we have an element in our society that has an extremely unhealthy need to punish people. Like a bunch of backwards puritans. You don't destroy a young mans life over one foolish mistake. We all did things when we were young.

We all didn't counterfeit money, we all didn't get arrested for multiple assaults.  He was rightly dismissed from Arkansas at the time when we needed players.  I'm glad he's bounced back but he should be known for leaving us in a bad spot here.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.arkansasfight.com/platform/amp/2015/7/28/9064341/jacorey-williams-linked-multiple-assaults-fayetteville

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/arkansas-razorbacks-anton-beard-jacorey-williams-dustin-thomas-arrested-forgery-indefinite-suspensions-072215%3Famp%3Dtrue

farfromgroovins

Quote from: Hog Solo on March 15, 2017, 10:07:42 pm
Honestly who throws a shoe?

Groovy baby!

I hope that was an Austin Powers reference?

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hog Solo on March 16, 2017, 07:54:55 am
We all didn't counterfeit money, we all didn't get arrested for multiple assaults.  He was rightly dismissed from Arkansas at the time when we needed players.  I'm glad he's bounced back but he should be known for leaving us in a bad spot here.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.arkansasfight.com/platform/amp/2015/7/28/9064341/jacorey-williams-linked-multiple-assaults-fayetteville

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/arkansas-razorbacks-anton-beard-jacorey-williams-dustin-thomas-arrested-forgery-indefinite-suspensions-072215%3Famp%3Dtrue

He'll always have issues.

010HogFan

Quote from: hoglady on March 15, 2017, 10:17:57 pm
Good for Jacorey.
Hopefully the move was good for him on and off the court.
Sometimes in life you need to re-boot.

the use of re-boot here is making me laugh because of the shoe thing

Hog Solo

hogcard1964

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 16, 2017, 08:03:04 am
the use of re-boot here is making me laugh because of the shoe thing

Let's just hope he's able to "forge" new relationships.

I got a kick out of this.  About halfway down the writer actually uses this line.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college/mtsu/2016/10/24/mtsus-jacorey-williams-thankful-second-chance/92681460/

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog Solo on March 16, 2017, 07:54:55 am

Tim hates law enforcement

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 10, 2017, 10:30:55 pm
When refs take control of the game they "take control of the game" there is way too much room for cheating when the refs blow the whistle all the time. And the type of person who winds up being a ref isn't exactly going to be the poster boy for integrity. They are about as low on the food chain of crap as law enforcement officers imo.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jabber71

It is great Jacorey has turned it around, great season and I hope he keeps it up, but what he did here left MA with no choice. Last year would have been better by maybe 3 or 4 games by doing nothing, but by making the hard decisions have payed and will pay dividends in the future. MA showed there is a limit to what you can do and not get the boot. Players have always loved MA but I think they respect him a little more.
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

010HogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 16, 2017, 08:12:01 am
Let's just hope he's able to "forge" new relationships.

I got a kick out of this.  About halfway down the writer actually uses this line.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college/mtsu/2016/10/24/mtsus-jacorey-williams-thankful-second-chance/92681460/

LOL!! I wonder if that was intentional

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 15, 2017, 11:15:50 pm
Worse than that he was a turnover a minute player,

Jacorey treated the basketball like it was slathered with ebola.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: mountainhog on March 15, 2017, 10:39:28 pm
His nickname around our house was - Noscorey Williams.
You gotta admit...that was funny.

But seriously, agree with most here that a change in scenery was what the doctor ordered. Glad he had a good season.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 16, 2017, 07:49:40 am

So let's not punish people when they commit crimes or do wrong? Wow lets just eliminate civilization then. Besides some commit more than one mistake. There has to be consequences to mistakes especially of the criminal variety. Who said anything about his life being destroyed. Nobody. He's still playing basketball and still in school. People can overcome criminal activity. They still have to serve some sort of punishment though.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 16, 2017, 10:50:08 am
So let's not punish people when they commit crimes or do wrong? Wow lets just eliminate civilization then. Besides some commit more than one mistake. There has to be consequences to mistakes especially of the criminal variety. Who said anything about his life being destroyed. Nobody. He's still playing basketball and still in school. People can overcome criminal activity. They still have to serve some sort of punishment though.

Lets not lock people up for their entire lives over stupid mistakes. I stand by what I said. Its unhealthy to constantly want to punish people for their mistakes. Especially the ones they made while they were young. Counterfeiting money isn't a violent crime. I never said they shouldn't serve some type of sentence. But the system we have now creates more criminals ... We are NOT helping people by locking them up in cages like animals and forgetting about them. America is no longer the best place to live. It used to be. Now America has the largest portion of its population incarcerated than any other country. Thats sad and its wrong.

southeasthog

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 16, 2017, 05:45:56 pm
Lets not lock people up for their entire lives over stupid mistakes. I stand by what I said. Its unhealthy to constantly want to punish people for their mistakes. Especially the ones they made while they were young. Counterfeiting money isn't a violent crime. I never said they shouldn't serve some type of sentence. But the system we have now creates more criminals ... We are NOT helping people by locking them up in cages like animals and forgetting about them. America is no longer the best place to live. It used to be. Now America has the largest portion of its population incarcerated than any other country. Thats sad and its wrong.
This is stupid.

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 16, 2017, 05:45:56 pm
Lets not lock people up for their entire lives over stupid mistakes. I stand by what I said. Its unhealthy to constantly want to punish people for their mistakes.

You know he made more than one "mistake" or should we say "choice."

Arkansas junior Jacorey Williams has been dismissed from the men's basketball team, the school announced Wednesday.

The dismissal stems from multiple incidents this offseason.

"Members of our program carry a responsibility to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the expectations we have established for our student-athletes both on and off the court," said Arkansas coach Mike Anderson. "We wish him the best as he pursues his future away from Razorback Basketball."

Williams is one of three Arkansas players who were charged with forgery in July. He was subsequently allegedly involved in an incident with a bouncer at a local club.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25274430/arkansas-dismisses-jacorey-williams-after-multiple-offseason-incidents

Still getting college paid for with a chance to better his life. Yeah, being punished for those mistakes(choices) have really ruined his life.