Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Absolutely Pathetic -little rock/pulaski county schools

Started by bigpigpimpin, March 10, 2017, 10:35:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootiethehog

Give me a small school over a big one any day of the week. More one on one with the teachers when you don't have 300 in one grade.

The school I went to is still around, but the other seven schools that were in our conference 20 years ago have all been forced to consolidate, which is a shame because there was a lot of basketball tradition at those schools that is lost forever.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

impact

Quote from: old_school_hawg on March 10, 2017, 11:25:44 pm
Ok.... Taking issue with the consolidation thing. I have taught and coached for 23 years at the 5a and 1a levels. The last 13 the 1a. Nobody has mentioned that most of the smaller districts achieve higher and are run more efficient than the larger districts. I mean, it is LR that is not able to take care of business here. Our school ranks in the top 5 in math and literacy and have an 83% college attendance rate and a 50% college grad rate. Not to mention a great, safe environment. Our teacher-student ratio is 13:1 and We have one of the best distance learning labs in the state. We are the ONLY school in Arkansas that you can graduate and boast 45 hours of college credit. We always end in the black and have never even been close to fiscal distress. In my opinion, the larger schools need to cut down their waste... Start there before you shut down higher achieving, more efficient machines. Without using names, I will give you an example: a district near us has been in fiscal distress the past five years because they built a basketball shrine instead of a nice, practical gymnasium, which is absurd. Now, tell me why we should close down the smaller districts? Ridiculous.

I commend your community and school district. It does take a village to raise productive citizens.

Now how many Div. I athletes have signed from your school and how many have signed from that crime infested dump of a city I call home, Little Rock?

Razorback success is tied to Little Rock's success. Like it or not, we do not yet recruit nationally like Kentucky, Kansas or Duke or should I say select instead of recruit?
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

Sweet Feet

It hurts to say, but LRSD is a crapshow. That's why most want to go to either the private schools, or the schools in neighboring counties.

Sweet Feet

My opinion with some of the issues with the LRSD/PCSSD as far as the overall integrity, its only so much you can blame the district until you understand that a good portion of the problems stem from these hoodrats with no hometraining or discipline that's making it harder on the teachers and other students who actually want to learn and be away from all the ignorance. Nobody wants to teach in these districts because most of the kids are uncontrolled disrespectiful animals who don't want to learn, and its just getting worse.

I bet if you had to fine the parents everytime their child gets in trouble, you would see a dramatic change.

old_school_hawg

Quote from: impact on March 11, 2017, 02:50:42 pm
I commend your community and school district. It does take a village to raise productive citizens.

Now how many Div. I athletes have signed from your school and how many have signed from that crime infested dump of a city I call home, Little Rock?

Razorback success is tied to Little Rock's success. Like it or not, we do not yet recruit nationally like Kentucky, Kansas or Duke or should I say select instead of recruit?

I understand where you're coming from, and I don't mean to insult you personally, but the notion of shutting small produvtive schools down is not a great idea. Gotta defend my home, too. And it is true and I wont deny we can't compete with division 1 recruiting numbers. But to answer your question, I have coached 11 kids over the years to play some level of college, only 1 D1 kid and he rode the bench at a school in Missouri... Also had 2 kids drafted by the Cardinals to play baseball, both were collegiate standouts for Arkansas tech and Oklahoma State, respectively.  We do ok.
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne