Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

102 days until the first game of the 2018 season-and counting

Started by JHicks3636, November 06, 2017, 01:04:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Ryno was the guy I modeled my game after. He was a childhood hero. If ryno did it in a game, so did I. I wore 23, played second base, wore the same cleats, batted like him. All through little league, he was my guy.

southarkhog06

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 24, 2018, 10:48:40 pm
Ryno was the guy I modeled my game after. He was a childhood hero. If ryno did it in a game, so did I. I wore 23, played second base, wore the same cleats, batted like him. All through little league, he was my guy.
Watch out SPAL, you will trigger the  redbirds fans...  ;D

Can the season just get here already!!!

jst01

I'm as big of a Cards fan you will find and I always loved Sandberg and Dunston as a child. Those guys just played some great ball.

MissippHog

Quote from: jst01 on January 25, 2018, 06:29:04 am
I'm as big of a Cards fan you will find and I always loved Sandberg and Dunston as a child. Those guys just played some great ball.
Exactly.  You can always appreciate good ball regardless of your affiliation. 

MissippHog

Wisco Pig

It's after midnight here in Georgia, so let the countdown continue:
A 2-for-1 to start Day 21.

pigture perfect

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 25, 2018, 02:03:32 am
Watch out SPAL, you will trigger the  redbirds fans...  ;D

Can the season just get here already!!!
Hey, back in the day there were 2 choices for everyday Tv baseball. braves and cubs. I generally chose the cubs because of Ryno and Harry Carey. I used to be able to name every player and position for all 3 teams, cards being the third.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SPAL

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 25, 2018, 11:42:32 pm
Hey, back in the day there were 2 choices for everyday Tv baseball. braves and cubs. I generally chose the cubs because of Ryno and Harry Carey. I used to be able to name every player and position for all 3 teams, cards being the third.

Exactly. Lol. My brother chose the Cubs, I chose the braves. I collected a lot of baseball cards.....yiu remember the ole donruss baseball cards that felt like cardboard? I collected those and played paperwad baseball with them. I think I can still name the starting lineups for a lot if 90's teams.

MissippHog

Quote from: Wisco Pig on January 25, 2018, 11:11:32 pm
It's after midnight here in Georgia, so let the countdown continue:
A 2-for-1 to start Day 21.

Is Murphy going to start Sundays?

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Wisco Pig

Quote from: MissippHog on January 26, 2018, 08:29:52 am
Is Murphy going to start Sundays?

Seems to be the general consensus and expectation, but if DVH or Wes Johnson has said anything definitive, I missed it.

SPAL

pigture perfect

Inside of 3 weeks. Now we need to start paying homage to the baseball gods for dryer warmer weather in NWA.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ricepig

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 27, 2018, 03:16:54 pm
Inside of 3 weeks. Now we need to start paying homage to the baseball gods for dryer warmer weather in NWA.

It must be decent today, second scrimmage of the year and Fletcher has two HR's in it.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

SPAL

SPAL

hogwild04

Wonder what attendance will be this year, always in top 5, but with expectations be nice to be number 1, LSU seems to get that almost every year, be nice to have number one attendance this year, showing our support for these young men.  Lets get started, and get tickets early

southarkhog06

Oh yes, I remember. One of the earliest memories I have is watching the Cubbies on WGN sitting on my grandfathers knee, then graduating to the barstool, then the recliner next too him over the years. This upcoming season will be the first without him, Hogs and Cubs baseball will be bittersweet this year.

Sorry for the sob story, don't mean to temper the excitement.

SPAL

BroyledNutts

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 29, 2018, 01:24:23 am
Oh yes, I remember. One of the earliest memories I have is watching the Cubbies on WGN sitting on my grandfathers knee, then graduating to the barstool, then the recliner next too him over the years. This upcoming season will be the first without him, Hogs and Cubs baseball will be bittersweet this year.

I know what you're experiencing, and it's not a sob story ... who we share the game with is as integral to the experience as the game itself.

pigture perfect

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 29, 2018, 01:24:23 am

Dont apologize. That is the beauty of baseball for me. Memories are so comforting.

MissippHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 29, 2018, 02:58:29 am

Some batters you can identify immediately by their stance, Moises definitely falls into that category.

factchecker

Got our tickets and parking pass.

Can't wait to receive the media guide.

Opening day will be here in no time.

Go Hogs!
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

4Lions04

I chose the Cubs. They were on in the afternoon so I'd watch them as a toddler after my nap.  I watched a lot of Braves games too, but the Cubbies were always my team, as well as my Dad's and brother's.

MissippHog

Wisco Pig

"When ole Diz was out there pitching, it was more than just another ballgame. It was a regular three-ring circus and everybody was wide awake and enjoying being alive."  -- Pepper Martin

fishes2000

Looking forward to the Texas series. I have seen us play them in football and basketball but never baseball. Got hotel room and looking forward to two days on the hill.

hillbilly

I thought this guy would be a lock as the picture for today! Go Cubs!!   ;)

BroyledNutts

January 30, 2018, 01:39:51 pm #129 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 02:02:27 pm by BroyledNutts
I was thinking these were the lock for today ...

MissippHog

MissippHog

pigture perfect

ThisTeetsTaken

BroyledNutts

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Rockhawg

As a Grandparent, it is so cool to take my Grandson's out of school early to go to opening day at Baum. I am as stoked as they are! WPS

SPAL

MissippHog

I'm not surprised but there are several good action shots of Arledge.

SPAL

SPAL

For the record....im claiming #10 right now for the goat. Day 10 belongs to me...😉

Kevin

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 01, 2018, 11:53:58 am
For the record....im claiming #10 right now for the goat. Day 10 belongs to me...😉

andre dawson?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BroyledNutts

I'm with Missipp today ... I always admired Arledge ... He came to work every day and gave his all ... knowing there was no pro career ahead.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 01, 2018, 11:53:58 am

Cockroach ? or Everyday Joe?

MissippHog

SPAL

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: hillbilly on January 30, 2018, 10:21:02 am

I thought this guy would be a lock as the picture for today! Go Cubs!!   ;)
Thanks for posting his pic.  One of my favs growing up.  Solid ball player.