Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri is bad...probably worse than Arkansas overall - who wins on Friday?

Started by HognotinMemphis, November 22, 2017, 01:05:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGrove68

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 22, 2017, 01:57:51 pm
Missouri will win a close, frustrating game.  Arkansas will have a chance but Bert will do something stupid and hand the game to them.

I think this is a pretty good analysis....it could go the other way as well.

Mizzou once again led by their Head Coach tried to implement a 3/4 hybrid 4/3 defense with read and react gap control tech. and it was a epic fail just like last year until he switched back. So mid-way through the season we switched back again and we look a whole lot better on Defense. We don't have a stellar defense but serviceable.

On offense we also shuffled things around we basically decided to play the young superior talent over 2-3 returning OL starters from last year....they finally came together after the bye week...and our offense started humming.

We do have talent and in reality we should of beat SC/Purdue and UK or at least won 2 out of 3 of those games. UGA an Auburn nope. But poor coaching by Odom has created a huge mess.
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

jkstock04

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 22, 2017, 01:05:47 pm
Let's take a look beyond the fact that Mizzou has won 5 games in a row.

First of all, they lost their returning RB from last season half way through this season, who had over 1,000 yards rushing on a team that was primarily a throwing offense. But before they lost this RB, Mizzou lost to South Carolina by 18, to mighty Purdue by 32, to Auburn by 37, and lost to KY and GA. In those games, they scored 13 and 3 vs SC and Purdue, scored 34 vs Ky, and 14 vs Auburn.

After the GA game, Mizzou was 1 and 5 and on a 5 game losing streak with only win over rent a win Mizzou State in first game of the season.

Their schedule went from SC, Auburn, KY and GA  in first half to Idaho, UConn, Fla, TN and Vandy in 2nd half. Those last 3 are arguably the 3 worst teams in the SEC. So Mizzou is on a 5 game win streak now with wins over 2 rent a wins and the 3 worst teams in the SEC. They are favored by 11 at Arkansas, a team down on its luck to say the least.

So Mizzou got smoked by SC and Auburn just like Arkansas did as well as suffering beatdowns by Purdue and GA. They have not had to play LSU or Alabama or Texas AM or Miss State. Mizzou would have been smoked by all 4 of those teams. Arkansas played all 4. Mizzou will feel like a practice squad for Arkansas compared to those 4 SEC West programs.

Fact is, the East is terrible. Auburn exposed GA. The West is dominate this year and that should continue with this match up. Even tho Mizzou is favored by double digits, I predict an Arkansas win by double digits over Mizzou. Arkansas players and coaches will let it all hang out. Mizzou feels pressure to have a winning regular season and if they lose this, they'll be a .500 team at 6-6.

Final Score:

Mizzou: 27

Arkansas: 38

Assuming this prediction comes to fruition, I will miss only 1 game in my preseason prediction...the Miss St game. Predicted a W over them and Hogs going 6-6.
Fair points for a Hogs win...and coming from you i know it's not just mindless homer rationalization, which I like.

Still yet, I'm not seeing this. This Hogs team is bad...really bad. Great points about the SEC east, but think about us vs coastal Carolina. It's not like that was some fluke game.

I'll be shocked if the Hogs win, especially by double digits. All this not even to mention Mizzou really seems to get up for this game for whatever reason.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

TheRazorback500

As much as I'd like to see us send Bret on down the highway with a win, conventional wisdom says no way. Lock should carpet bomb our secondary and Witter and Rountree will probably gash us with some big runs. Crockett is sad that he's injured and can't rub more salt into the wounds. J'mon Moore will have a field day. The offense will continue to sputter. I'll say Mizzou 52-21.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

carolinahogger

...Fla, TN and Vandy in 2nd half. Those last 3 are arguably the 3 worst teams in the SEC.

We would probably go about 1-2 against that lineup.

HognotinMemphis

Many of you state the same thing: we are a bad team. Very true of course. Why are we a bad team? Is it coaching? Is it our schedule to blame in part? Yes, we shat the bed in the CC game and luckily came out a 1 pt winner. Is it the player quality we have? All of the above?

While the player quality is down from last year due to recruiting and injuries, it's not as bad as Mizzou's. I think it is mostly coaching issues and our tough schedule makes us look worse than we are. Mizzou did not have to play any of Texas A&M, LSU, Miss State, Alabama or Auburn. That's 5 of the Razorbacks 7 losses. And they did not play any team as good as TCU. We were 7 points down to TCU with less than 3 min left in the game.

While Arkansas can come out flat and not want to be playing any game tomorrow, I think they come out with re-newed energy since they know this staff is gone, gone, gone after tomorrow. I still believe it is very likely that Arkansas plays to their potential tomorrow and not only wins the game but wins by double digits. One caveat: we have to hope the coaching staff doesn't screw it up. They are not very good, from bottom to top. None of them. Watch where they end up after BB is fired tomorrow. That will tell the tale: who wants them and who doesn't.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

H i M makes sense on this call.  We need to beat MO just to get things headed in the right direction.  His one caveat, in my opinion, is the difference.  I do not see our coaching staff out coaching any other coach coaching staff, none, anywhere, anytime.  We win this game IF MO goes to hell and implodes and that could happen as they are not a good team either.  This is a two cans of garbage game and who really knows which can will stink the most. 

GuvHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 23, 2017, 05:07:58 am
Fair points for a Hogs win...and coming from you i know it’s not just mindless homer rationalization, which I like.

Still yet, I’m not seeing this. This Hogs team is bad...really bad. Great points about the SEC east, but think about us vs coastal Carolina. It’s not like that was some fluke game.

I’ll be shocked if the Hogs win, especially by double digits. All this not even to mention Mizzou really seems to get up for this game for whatever reason.

It's interesting that you and others are very quick to bring up the Coastal Carolina game but you totally ignore how well the team played last week against a ranked Mississippi State team that's far better than Missouri. If the Hogs play as well as they did last week, they have a shot at beating Missouri.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

JackTNHogfan

Locke will look like a Heisman lock against our cream puff secondary. 

Mizzou 52
Ark 17

GuvHog

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 23, 2017, 10:58:44 am

Mizzou 52
Ark 17

How is it that you believe a 6-5 Missouri team will score more points against the Hogs than the #16 team in the nation did last week??

elksnort

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 22, 2017, 05:11:22 pm
SIAP....but do we know if CK going to start or not?  He might be the one thing that gives us an edge. 
This is a good question. I would guess no.

HognotinMemphis

Mizzou 52
Ark 17
Crowd/trend follower post who cannot think critically. Just tracking the crowd with this prediction. Facts of current situation for both teams totally ignored. All emotion. This is how individuals buy high and sell low in the stock market.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

elksnort

Quote from: GuvHog on November 23, 2017, 11:03:17 am
How is it that you believe a 6-5 Missouri team will score more points against the Hogs than the #16 team in the nation did last week??
Maybe because their QB can throw the ball better. Just a thought.

GuvHog

Quote from: elksnort on November 23, 2017, 11:31:03 am
Maybe because their QB can throw the ball better. Just a thought.

Miss. States QB is a much better QB than Missouri's is.

GuvHog

Quote from: elksnort on November 23, 2017, 11:22:25 am
This is a good question. I would guess no.

Since Friday is Senior day, I figure AA will start. How long he'll play is another question.

code red

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 22, 2017, 05:11:22 pm
SIAP....but do we know if CK going to start or not?  He might be the one thing that gives us an edge.
Um yeah. How?  His productivity is not nearly as good as Austin with a bad shoulder.  The problem is lack of speed and receiver talent.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: GuvHog on November 23, 2017, 11:34:32 am
Miss. States QB is a much better QB than Missouri's is.
I would disagree.  Mizzou has got weapons.  Locke is as good a thrower as anyone in the NCAA.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Mizzou 52
Ark 17
Our secondary and lb are not ready for what they are about to see.  Mizzou has a way to spread you out all over the place....I hate that offense.....but they can score lots of points.

HognotinMemphis

Regarding Mizzou's 5 game win streak, if you could hand pick 5 teams to play in 2nd half of season, these 5 would definitely be among your top 10 picks. Yes, TN, Vandy and Fla included. These 3 teams are not just SEC bad, they are NCAA bad. As bad as they've been in last 25 years for sure, if not longer. Saying Mizzou is good due to beating these 5 teams is like saying Arkansas is bad for losing to TCU, Bama, Auburn and LSU. It's like saying Boise St should have been in the NC game for going undefeated against rent a wins some years back.

Again, think critically and unbiasedly. Do not be led around by the nose due to trends. Base your thoughts on reality.

Hogs will win the game.

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: GuvHog on November 23, 2017, 11:03:17 am

First, Miss State played down.  Please don't act like they played their best game.  We played up.  Something that I don't think will happen again...

Second, Fitzgerald is nothing like Locke when it comes to passing.  Locke has 38 Passing TDs leading all of ncaa.  Our secondary will get exposed quickly and often.

Furthermore, Miss State had a ton on injuries to their WR corps.  Mizzou has some serious weapons that we will have a hard time covering.

Lastly, they have been blowing out equaling bad teams for the past 5 weeks. 

For gee whiz, I'll throw this nugget in.  Odom is a better coach than Bert.

It's that easy...

code red

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 23, 2017, 12:07:01 pm
Regarding Mizzou's 5 game win streak, if you could hand pick 5 teams to play in 2nd half of season, these 5 would definitely be among your top 10 picks. Yes, TN, Vandy and Fla included. These 3 teams are not just SEC bad, they are NCAA bad. As bad as they've been in last 25 years for sure, if not longer. Saying Mizzou is good due to beating these 5 teams is like saying Arkansas is bad for losing to TCU, Bama, Auburn and LSU. It's like saying Boise St should have been in the NC game for going undefeated against rent a wins some years back.

Again, think critically and unbiasedly. Do not be led around by the nose due to trends. Base your thoughts on reality.

Hogs will win the game.
Vegas got it Mizzou -11 they aren't in the business of giving away easy money.

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 23, 2017, 11:22:57 am
Crowd/trend follower post who cannot think critically. Just tracking the crowd with this prediction. Facts of current situation for both teams totally ignored. All emotion. This is how individuals buy high and sell low in the stock market.

See post #76.  Take off your hog colored glasses.  We don't match up well with Mizzou right now.  Maybe my score prediction is high but I doubt it.  Maybe we have some motivation we haven't seen this year.  I doubt that too.  Facts are, we aren't good and they are better than us.

TeufelHog

Lock will not over-throw receivers like he did against us last year . . . and his receivers will not drop passes like they did against us last year.  Mizzou by 3 TDs.  Just don't believe that "playing for the Coach, playing for the seniors, playing for the trophy" will be enough.  Hope I'm totally wrong.  We shall see tomorrow!

mizzouman

Seriously, it will be a good game. I think players really like Bielema and want to send him off with a win.

Mizzou has weapons on offense but Arkansas will come out inspired for their coach.

Hoginsavga

It's called Black Friday for a reason and it ain't because of bargain shopping.

Grunt

Quote from: code red on November 23, 2017, 11:54:32 am
I would disagree.  Mizzou has got weapons.  Locke is as good a thrower as anyone in the NCAA.
As good as Baker Mayfield?
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Razor1997

Missouri is pretty bad, and people are getting the mistaken idea that they are a team on the rise because they've beaten five awful teams in a row.

That said, we appear to be on the same level as the awful teams Missouri has beaten recently.  Were it not for a 24 point comeback against an interim head coach, we would be 0-7 in the league just like Tenner and Vandy.

We probably don't win this one, but maybe I'll be surprised.  Maybe the kids will play the game of their lives for their coach's last day.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

jabohog

Critical thinking? Ok, winning builds confidence, getting curb stomped does not build confidence. Being down by 7 (TCU) or up by 7 (Miss. St.) with 3 min. left but still losing in your own yard does not build confidence that you can beat a team that has been curb stomping teams that are weak. Arkansas has found a way to lose. Tied at 7 with LSU at the half, lose 33-10 in the second half. Respectably in the game with Auburn and you could say Bama at the half, curb stomped in the second half and one of these in our own yard. The players playing for the coach? There may be a few shedding tears, but the rest are waving bye, bye to his favoritism. One positive may be that Cole Kelly will probably play. They are going to try him at right guard, or was that one of the running backs? The OL was bad to start with, now we even have the third stringers injured. Critically thinking, the only way Arkansas could have a chance at winning this game is if Agim plays outstanding and puts Locke out of the game. That's my unbiased opinion. 8)

Rayzback

Quote from: Grumpypenguin on November 22, 2017, 05:07:38 pm
Absolutely delusional to think Mizzou is worse than Arkansas right now

They will be tomorrow though. WPS!  GHG!   

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

micali

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 22, 2017, 01:07:58 pm
We have no offense, how are you predicting we score 38 lol?
See ole Miss,  A$M and CC games. Don't act like we can't put up points.

hogcards

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 22, 2017, 01:57:51 pm
Missouri will win a close, frustrating game.  Arkansas will have a chance but Bert will do something stupid and hand the game to them.

I think we win this one.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Snouty

Let's take a look beyond the fact that Mizzou has won 5 games in a row.

First of all, they lost their returning RB from last season half way through this season, who had over 1,000 yards rushing on a team that was primarily a throwing offense. But before they lost this RB, Mizzou lost to South Carolina by 18, to mighty Purdue by 32, to Auburn by 37, and lost to KY and GA. In those games, they scored 13 and 3 vs SC and Purdue, scored 34 vs Ky, and 14 vs Auburn.

After the GA game, Mizzou was 1 and 5 and on a 5 game losing streak with only win over rent a win Mizzou State in first game of the season.

Their schedule went from SC, Auburn, KY and GA  in first half to Idaho, UConn, Fla, TN and Vandy in 2nd half. Those last 3 are arguably the 3 worst teams in the SEC. So Mizzou is on a 5 game win streak now with wins over 2 rent a wins and the 3 worst teams in the SEC. They are favored by 11 at Arkansas, a team down on its luck to say the least.

So Mizzou got smoked by SC and Auburn just like Arkansas did as well as suffering beatdowns by Purdue and GA. They have not had to play LSU or Alabama or Texas AM or Miss State. Mizzou would have been smoked by all 4 of those teams. Arkansas played all 4. Mizzou will feel like a practice squad for Arkansas compared to those 4 SEC West programs.

Fact is, the East is terrible. Auburn exposed GA. The West is dominate this year and that should continue with this match up. Even tho Mizzou is favored by double digits, I predict an Arkansas win by double digits over Mizzou. Arkansas players and coaches will let it all hang out. Mizzou feels pressure to have a winning regular season and if they lose this, they'll be a .500 team at 6-6.

Final Score:

Mizzou: 27

Arkansas: 38

Assuming this prediction comes to fruition, I will miss only 1 game in my preseason prediction...the Miss St game. Predicted a W over them and Hogs going 6-6.

Arkansas has little room to say Missouri hasn't beaten anyone.  Arkansas handlily beat FLorida A&M and New Mexico State, which were two rent a wins.  We beat Ole Miss by a point as time expired, and we beat Coastal Carolina by one point, when we should have beat them by 35.  Arkansas cannot qualify for a bowl game.  Missouri can get a better bowl at 7-5 than at 6-6.  IMO Missouri has more to play for than Arkansas, and I predict Missouri will win handily.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: code red on November 23, 2017, 12:21:24 pm
Vegas got it Mizzou -11 they aren't in the business of giving away easy money.
Vegas is in the business of taking gamblers' money. They want people to bet on Mizzou. Mizzou will not cover. Mizzou will likely not win this game today.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 23, 2017, 12:30:20 pm
See post #76.  Take off your hog colored glasses.  We don't match up well with Mizzou right now.  Maybe my score prediction is high but I doubt it.  Maybe we have some motivation we haven't seen this year.  I doubt that too.  Facts are, we aren't good and they are better than us.
If you think I wear Hog-colored glasses, you are literally the most ignorant, unaware person posting on this site. You say "facts are" and give no support. I gave plenty of factual support in my original post. Mizzou has not beaten any good team. They have not beaten any team with a winning record. Their schedule has to be one of the softer in the country. The best teams they played, SC, GA, and Auburn, beat the brakes off of them. The rest of their schedule is awful, partly due to being in the East division. Arkansas gets LSU, Alabama, Miss St and Mizzou gets TN, Vandy and KY.

Of course their QB has great stats...they've played some awful teams. Arkansas' QB stats are mediocre due to level of competition. As for Mizzou being a 9 1/2 to 11 pt favorite, I think Miss St was around a 10 pt favorite last night vs Ole Miss.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Snouty on November 23, 2017, 04:17:00 pm
Arkansas has little room to say Missouri hasn't beaten anyone.  Arkansas handlily beat FLorida A&M and New Mexico State, which were two rent a wins.  We beat Ole Miss by a point as time expired, and we beat Coastal Carolina by one point, when we should have beat them by 35.  Arkansas cannot qualify for a bowl game.  Missouri can get a better bowl at 7-5 than at 6-6.  IMO Missouri has more to play for than Arkansas, and I predict Missouri will win handily.
Ole Miss couldn't qualify for a bowl game last night either. And Miss St was in hunt for a good bowl...until they lost last night at home when favored by double digits.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 23, 2017, 10:54:19 am
It's interesting that you and others are very quick to bring up the Coastal Carolina game but you totally ignore how well the team played last week against a ranked Mississippi State team that's far better than Missouri. If the Hogs play as well as they did last week, they have a shot at beating Missouri.

Dude, we got 3 gift TDs or we wouldn't have scored at all.  We had about 220 yds in total O.  Yes the D held MissSt to less than normal, but MissSt was less than inspired after almost beating Bama.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

moses_007

Missouri is not bad.

1.  They have won 5 straight games.

2.  They lead the SEC in total offense.

3.  Their QB leads the SEC in passing.

Does that sound like a bad team?

The bad team is Arkansas.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 23, 2017, 10:16:10 am
Many of you state the same thing: we are a bad team. Very true of course. Why are we a bad team? Is it coaching? Is it our schedule to blame in part? Yes, we shat the bed in the CC game and luckily came out a 1 pt winner. Is it the player quality we have? All of the above?

While the player quality is down from last year due to recruiting and injuries, it's not as bad as Mizzou's. I think it is mostly coaching issues and our tough schedule makes us look worse than we are. Mizzou did not have to play any of Texas A&M, LSU, Miss State, Alabama or Auburn. That's 5 of the Razorbacks 7 losses. And they did not play any team as good as TCU. We were 7 points down to TCU with less than 3 min left in the game.

While Arkansas can come out flat and not want to be playing any game tomorrow, I think they come out with re-newed energy since they know this staff is gone, gone, gone after tomorrow. I still believe it is very likely that Arkansas plays to their potential tomorrow and not only wins the game but wins by double digits. One caveat: we have to hope the coaching staff doesn't screw it up. They are not very good, from bottom to top. None of them. Watch where they end up after BB is fired tomorrow. That will tell the tale: who wants them and who doesn't.

Good post. Team pays back misery for the trash talking scalded-ass red head's comments in 2016.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: moses_007 on November 24, 2017, 11:20:48 am
Missouri is not bad.

1.  They have won 5 straight games.

2.  They lead the SEC in total offense.

3.  Their QB leads the SEC in passing.

Does that sound like a bad team?

The bad team is Arkansas.
They have not beaten a team with even a .500 record. They are in the East. The 4 best teams they played beat the brakes off of them. They were 3-8 coming into Arkansas game last year and won. Arkansas returns the favor this year.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HogPharmer

HiM. You have been wrong twice this week on your predictions. Can you please stop with your predictions now?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

DocHogliday

I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play for Blood," remember?

Sweet Feet

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 24, 2017, 06:05:23 pm
Lol bump
Lol is right. 700 yards of offense given up by Hogs' defense. To a team that did not beat a team with more than 4 wins all year. It was not a win by 30 for Mizzou and most here thought would occur.