Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not a "good look" for the Razorbacks?

Started by Martygit, September 21, 2017, 10:47:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 21, 2017, 02:00:13 pm
What if a kid is committed to LSU. And we have a certain number of tickets we can give out for that game. And their top recruit can't get tickets so he calls and asks for some. Concerned that it will take away from kids who are ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN ARKANSAS, we say he has to decommit publically first.

Are you actually trying to say that is a bad policy?

Its a horror story of a policy. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:00:42 pm
Afraid it is, son.  Hard to believe, isnt it?

Daniel Bush, Arkansas' Football Director of Personnel, replied and said it would take a decommitment tweet from the player in order to be put on the list.

That's as a specific player, son. One that's been committed to the opponent and hasn't shown intet st in the hogs until they're playing the team he's committed to.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 02:04:08 pm
That's as a specific player, son. One that's been committed to the opponent and hasn't shown intet st in the hogs until they're playing the team he's committed to.

That is NOT what Bush said.  If he had said that.  No big deal.  But you are making stuff up and throwing it in there.  Why you doing that?  Because you know I am right.

ricepig

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:03:13 pm
Its a horror story of a policy. 

When Kenny becomes AD, he can implement the recruiting policies for his head coaches.

PorkRinds

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:07:35 pm
That is NOT what Bush said.  If he had said that.  No big deal.  But you are making stuff up and throwing it in there.  Why you doing that?  Because you know I am right.

He was talking about this player and scenario, not a school policy. No where did he mention a school policy.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on September 21, 2017, 02:10:01 pm
When Kenny becomes AD, he can implement the recruiting policies for his head coaches.

Problem is he's now making up policies that don't exist. We've recruited hundreds of guys that were committed to other schools, had them on officials, the whole nine.

rhog1

You have no clue if this is a policy, It is far more likely that it applied to this kid only because our coaches know he has no interest in Arkansas.  But you know that already.

The Hawg Marshal

Yeah I'm going to have to step away from this. His hatred for CBB is getting in the way of common sense.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 01:27:34 pm
You are as insane as they are! 
Refusing to recruit a player because he's committed elsewhere and might be using you?   
Thanks for the free, albeit unsolicited diagnosis Dr. Kenny.
But if Daniel Bush ever drops by my "ward" I'll tell him he handled it exactly right.

PorkRinds

Quote from: rhog1 on September 21, 2017, 02:13:20 pm
You have no clue if this is a policy, It is far more likely that it applied to this kid only because our coaches know he has no interest in Arkansas.  But you know that already.

It's not policy. We recruit committed kids all the time.

The_Iceman

There is so much stupid in this thread it's hurting my head. That's what I get for having some basic intelligence.

KlubhouseKonnected

Actually you are taking a thing a guy said and calling it "policy"

If you can't see that this is a huge leap on your part then I worry for you.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 02:11:35 pm
He was talking about this player and scenario, not a school policy. No where did he mention a school policy.

He has a policy that any Hog commit who takes another visit will lose his offer.  It seems very clear to me that Bush was saying that we also require a decommitment before we recruit players committed elsewhere.

Otherwise, he would have been very clear that he was talking about this particular player, and Arkansas would be issuing a press release right now, denying the article and to assure recruits who are interested in Arkansas but not yet sure they want to decommit, that it is not our policy.

No.  That's our policy.  Obviously. 

Danny J

Who was the recruit last year or year before that was a hard commit to Texas and spent his official visit recruiting other players for Texas?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:23:48 pm
He has a policy that any Hog commit who takes another visit will lose his offer.  It seems very clear to me that Bush was saying that we also require a decommitment before we recruit players committed elsewhere.

Otherwise, he would have been very clear that he was talking about this particular player, and Arkansas would be issuing a press release right now, denying the article and to assure recruits who are interested in Arkansas but not yet sure they want to decommit, that it is not our policy.

It's clear TO YOU!!!

But you are apparently drunk. If it was policy it would be far easier to just expressly refer to the policy. That's part of why policy exists.

KlubhouseKonnected

Troll, fool or drunk.

Or drunk fool

PorkRinds

We recruit players who are committed to other schools. We just do.

KennyForAD

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 21, 2017, 02:23:03 pm
Actually you are taking a thing a guy said and calling it "policy"

If you can't see that this is a huge leap on your part then I worry for you.

If we had any media left in Arkansas, a reporter could ask him to clarify.  Wouldn't that be nice?   

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:28:38 pm
If we had any media left in Arkansas, a reporter could ask him to clarify.  Wouldn't that be nice?   

Well considering that the piece we are discussing is not actually newsworthy I could care less. The idea that there has been some agreement between AM & UA about the Dallas games would be the only thing that would make this at all interesting

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 02:28:30 pm
We recruit players who are committed to other schools. We just do.

But do we allow them to visit or attend games without decommitting first?  It sounds like we are in agreement here - in that would be a terrible policy.  It sounds to me like that's our policy.  Pretty much what he said.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:35:13 pm
But do we allow them to visit or attend games without decommitting first?  It sounds like we are in agreement here - in that would be a terrible policy.  It sounds to me like that's our policy.  Pretty much what he said.

He made absolutely no statement about policy. None, did not imply it at all. You are inferring that and your basis is mystifying

PorkRinds

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:35:13 pm

Yea. We do it all the time. 

KennyForAD

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 21, 2017, 02:39:17 pm
He made absolutely no statement about policy. None, did not imply it at all. You are inferring that and your basis is mystifying

Whatever, dude.  Everyone reading that from other schools gets it.  Arkansas wont let you visit unless you decommit first.

If you want to lawyer it and dissect it, add things he didn't say, and all that, then you're nuts.  That's what the man said.  Its out there.  If its wrong, they need to clarify.  But they wont, because it isn't wrong.

gchamblee

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 01:44:12 pm
You'd make a great recruiter... for BB.   Do you prefer to eat dog food instead of steak?  Do you drive slow in the fast lane?  Do you fertilize your garden with your own .. waste?  Are you routinely abducted by aliens?

Other schools get caught paying kids who are committed to other schools.  We just got caught refusing to pick up the phone when one calls US.

How can you people not understand how bad this is?!  This is refusing to do what a coach is supposed to do.  Total incompetence.

ALL THE DOGS ARE DIGGING UNDER THE FENCE, EXCEPT OURS.  HE'S DIGGING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE YARD BECAUSE HE JUST DOESN'T GET IT

I think we just found the OP's alternate account.

PorkRinds

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:45:17 pm
Whatever, dude.  Everyone reading that from other schools gets it.  Arkansas wont let you visit unless you decommit first.

If you want to lawyer it and dissect it, add things he didn't say, and all that, then you're nuts.  That's what the man said.  Its out there.  If its wrong, they need to clarify.  But they wont, because it isn't wrong.

That's what he said to one kid. Again, we have committed visitors all the time.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 02:41:34 pm
Yea. We do it all the time. 

Then I agree with the author of that article.  Its not a good look. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:53:52 pm
Then I agree with the author of that article.  Its not a good look.

It's not a good look to say dumb darn either, but you're running with it.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 02:52:40 pm
That's what he said to one kid. Again, we have committed visitors all the time.

Ok. Thanks.  If that's the case, sorry for freaking out.  Can you tell me why he'd say something like that to the press? 

TebowHater

hogginbama

I am sure the kids who are comitted and visit have expressed an interest at one time or another or at least told them they are 50/50 about the situation. This kid probably never had us on his list, turned down other offers to visit, then out of the blue contacted Bush and asked for tickets. I could see the conversation going down the lines that he is not interested and just looking for the tickets, which would lead to the comment by Bush.

I would think if the two schools do have a gentleman's agreement about the passes, that it is handled through the staff. This would ensure the visitors for each team are in the group of their school and not with the other side. Kind of stops that recruiting to the other school as posted above.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 02:56:18 pm
It's not a good look to say dumb darn either, but you're running with it.

There good days and bad you know

PorkRinds

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 03:01:04 pm
Ok. Thanks.  If that's the case, sorry for freaking out.  Can you tell me why he'd say something like that to the press?

He didn't say that to the press.

rhog1

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 03:01:04 pm

No one said anything to the press. This is a unnamed recruit that got his feelings hurt over not getting free tickets and took to social media to complain.

KennyForAD

Quote from: hogginbama on September 21, 2017, 03:04:36 pm
I am sure the kids who are comitted and visit have expressed an interest at one time or another or at least told them they are 50/50 about the situation. This kid probably never had us on his list, turned down other offers to visit, then out of the blue contacted Bush and asked for tickets. I could see the conversation going down the lines that he is not interested and just looking for the tickets, which would lead to the comment by Bush.

I would think if the two schools do have a gentleman's agreement about the passes, that it is handled through the staff. This would ensure the visitors for each team are in the group of their school and not with the other side. Kind of stops that recruiting to the other school as posted above.

Prolly so.  If you're right and it sounds like it, then that guy wrote that article intending to give a wrong impression.  He got me.. hook, line, and the danged weight.  Thx for getting me off the ledge. lol

KennyForAD

Quote from: rhog1 on September 21, 2017, 03:07:38 pm
No one said anything to the press. This is a unnamed recruit that got his feelings hurt over not getting free tickets and took to social media to complain.

Our guy is quoted in the article.  And the quote makes it sound like we wont allow committed recruits to visit.  People here who know say we do, so thats the end of that.

Edit:  No, he's not quoted.  Looked at it again.  Its just poorly worded.  Bad day for me.  Gonna go wander the streets now.  LOL at myself.  sorry

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:45:17 pm

Fine, think and say whatever halfwit thing you want. Clearly you have no interest in reason when you claim that by stating policy was not referenced,I am adding things to a statement that never referenced policy.

Piggfoot

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 01:55:20 pm
If you cant see how bad this is, I cant help u.  Can't fix stupid.
We have already hosted a Texas recruit in Fayetteville who was actively recruiting recruits to Texas. We don't need an A&M recruit sitting with Arkansas recruits recruiting To A&M. If you can't see how bad that is, I can't help you, Can't fix stupid.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

KennyForAD

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 21, 2017, 03:12:16 pm
Fine, think and say whatever halfwit thing you want.

I was wrong.  Misread the article from the beginning.  Sorry.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 21, 2017, 03:15:12 pm
We have already hosted a Texas recruit in Fayetteville who was actively recruiting recruits to Texas. We don't need an A&M recruit sitting with Arkansas recruits recruiting To A&M. If you can't see how bad that is, I can't help you, Can't fix stupid.

Ouch. 

Wildhog

I have zero problem with any of that.  Why the hell would we host an Aggie commit at an Aggie game?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Piggfoot

This kid was asking for a free ticket from us. He was not asking to be recruited by us. If he were asking to be recruited by us I'm sure he would have been given an invite to come to our campus on an official.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Wildhog

There's a zero percent chance that kid wouldn't have been recruiting for the Aggies on our sideline.  We've had issues with that before and I don't blame the staff one bit for nipping it in the bud this time.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

KennyForAD

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 21, 2017, 03:25:59 pm
This kid was asking for a free ticket from us. He was not asking to be recruited by us. If he were asking to be recruited by us I'm sure he would have been given an invite to come to our campus on an official.

I totally misread it and had a meltdown.  I thought OUR guy told the reporter that stuff.   This is a total non-story.  I retract everything I said before, other than it would be horrible IF that had been coming from us.  But it wasnt.  No sweat.  Sorry

Martygit

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 21, 2017, 02:20:32 pm
There is so much stupid in this thread it's hurting my head. That's what I get for having some basic intelligence.

I love it when a plan comes together  ;D
RIP OTR, REV

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MartinGit on September 21, 2017, 03:42:24 pm
I love it when a plan comes together  ;D

Yea which one of you nitwits is KennyforAD?

PorkRinds

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 03:33:54 pm
I totally misread it and had a meltdown.  I thought OUR guy told the reporter that stuff.   This is a total non-story.  I retract everything I said before, other than it would be horrible IF that had been coming from us.  But it wasnt.  No sweat.  Sorry

No worries dude. At least you admit it. Lots of people would just lee riding it even when they know they're mistaken.

sowmonella

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 02:00:42 pm
Afraid it is, son.  Hard to believe, isnt it?

Daniel Bush, Arkansas' Football Director of Personnel, replied and said it would take a decommitment tweet from the player in order to be put on the list.

Cuckoo.......
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 03:58:46 pm
No worries dude. At least you admit it. Lots of people would just lee riding it even when they know they're mistaken.

No worries.  I'm old enough that, to me, sports journalism is Orville Henry - sincere, informed an legit.  Hard for me to understand why someone would publish an article like that.  Now that I see that he was just reporting what that kid was saying on twitter...  Geez.  He is wrong. His article does NOT make BB look bad. Not at all.  The writer, TAMU, and the recruit look bad ( and me for falling for it.  lol)  It makes BB and Arkansas look good.

hobhog

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 03:33:54 pm

Quick draw to push agenda.....