Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema says that we're hungry now

Started by hawgon, September 20, 2017, 10:49:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/coach-bret-bielema-razorbacks-learned-things-needed-learn-tcu/

So I guess all that talk the whole offseason about being upset with the way things went in the last two games and how we were going to finish this year was just empty talk?  But since we lost to TCU, well by golly we mean it now and we are hungry?

This guy is an empty vessel.  He is clueless.  At least Hootie used to offer SOME actual substance when he would talk about simplifying things down and executing a few plays well.  That at least was SOMETHING.  Bielema offers nothing but the emptiest and most meaningless coachspeak.

theFlyingHog

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hawgon on September 20, 2017, 10:49:35 am
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/coach-bret-bielema-razorbacks-learned-things-needed-learn-tcu/

So I guess all that talk the whole offseason about being upset with the way things went in the last two games and how we were going to finish this year was just empty talk?  But since we lost to TCU, well by golly we mean it now and we are hungry?

This guy is an empty vessel.  He is clueless.  At least Hootie used to offer SOME actual substance when he would talk about simplifying things down and executing a few plays well.  That at least was SOMETHING.  Bielema offers nothing but the emptiest and most meaningless coachspeak.
They had a chip on their shoulder after the bowl game and it remained on their collective shoulders all the way up to the TCU game. Somewhere during pre-game, the chip fell off and no one could find it. Turns out, when it fell it slid under the table where they tape ankles and no one saw it. So that is why they did not play tough and aggressive in the TCU game.

Now they are hungry and you can't lose hungry...unless you stop at the Golden Corral for breakfast buffet on the way to the game. Hopefully the team will not do that and will remain hungry when the A&M game kicks off.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

The Hawg Marshal

You had me with you right up to the point where you compared CBB to HDN. I'm ready for a change but I'd still take CBB over HDN all day everyday.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 20, 2017, 10:54:24 am
They had a chip on their shoulder after the bowl game and it remained on their collective shoulders all the way up to the TCU game. Somewhere during pre-game, the chip fell off and no one could find it. Turns out, when it fell it slid under the table where they tape ankles and no one saw it. So that is why they did not play tough and aggressive in the TCU game.

Now they are hungry and you can't lose hungry...unless you stop at the Golden Corral for breakfast buffet on the way to the game. Hopefully the team will not do that and will remain hungry when the A&M game kicks off.

Well done sir!
SCREW Vandy!

hawgon

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on September 20, 2017, 10:58:52 am
You had me with you right up to the point where you compared CBB to HDN. I'm ready for a change but I'd still take CBB over HDN all day everyday.

Then you're not paying attention because Hootie looks like Bear Bryant compared to this clown.

PonderinHog

And a win against the aggies is the proverbial carrot on a stick!

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogz11 on September 20, 2017, 10:57:02 am
Yeah I hate to pile on, but I agree. No one wants to hear this anymore. Leave the coach speak in the locker room with the team. Saying nothing to media and fans would be better than more rah rah coach speak.

You? Hate to pile on? I lol'd.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 20, 2017, 10:51:20 am
We get it, you don't like the guy.

What gave that away??? I sure hope the Hogs win or he will blow an O-ring... :o

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 20, 2017, 10:54:24 am

Thanks for the laugh
Hogs up! Covid down!

Uncle Remus

One thing about it...we will either enjoy our lunch or be tossing our breakfast after this one is over!

hogcard1964

I hope that's not a recent picture of him on that link.

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 20, 2017, 10:51:20 am
We get it, you don't like the guy.

Are you sure, how did you come to that conclusion?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hawgon on September 20, 2017, 11:00:50 am
Then you're not paying attention because Hootie looks like Bear Bryant compared to this clown.
You are correct, whether we like the thought or not. I find myself longing for Casey Dick and a good O line.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

King Kong

Houston gave substance?

Listen so far it hasn't worked out with CBB. But it's way too early to believe we can't turn things around this season

twistitup

Shut up and let's go get some W's....no more b/s - show it on the field.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

alohawg

He gets paid REALLY well to put up, so do it. Shut up and put up time is overdue, dude.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogcard1964

Quote from: alohawg on September 20, 2017, 11:38:44 am
He gets paid REALLY well to put up, so do it. Shut up and put up time is overdue, dude.

+1000

He needs to get on a long winning streak right now.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hoglady

Didn't read his comments - don't care - they don't matter.
The only thing that matters is how do we play on Saturday morning.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoghearted

Quote from: hoglady on September 20, 2017, 11:53:23 am
Didn't read his comments - don't care - they don't matter.
The only thing that matters is how do we play on Saturday morning.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

PorkRinds

I really hope the players are hungry. And I hope they take all the darn talking done by their "fans" and use it as fuel for the fire. I have my doubts though. 

FineAsSwine

Been hearing the same thing from players and coaches since last season. This week Arkansas needs to adopt the Missouri state motto and become the "show me" state. All of this talking is starting to fall on deaf ears.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Porkette

Bielema's words mean nothing because he's been saying the same things for 5 years now and we haven't really improved. On one hand, I understand. He has to do press conferences and he has to say something, and nothing you say is going to make anyone happy when you're losing like this. On the other hand, I really dislike that he has started to act a little defensive and chippy in his comments lately, implying that everyone is just impatient and so forth (not necessarily here, but over the past couple weeks). That is never a good look or a good sign when a coach starts to do that.
GO HOGS GO!

presidenthog

I think he got confused and meant he was hungry

woodrow hog call

Quote from: twistitup on September 20, 2017, 11:29:54 am
Shut up and let's go get some W's....no more b/s - show it on the field.

Yeah I can imagine a reporter asking him about his teams mindset for the upcoming game, and him replying by saying "no comment".

None of you would find anything to gripe about, because that's exactly what you say you want him to do, yes I sure can see that. I can believe that like I believe the world will end this Saturday.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

phadedhawg

Coachspeak....it's meaningless. 

We will know what the team has learned Saturday morning.

Hogsmo Kramer

When the coach mentions the other teams new ranking to try and deflect the loss, you know it's bad....
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Redhogs

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 20, 2017, 12:07:52 pm
I really hope the players are hungry. And I hope they take all the darn talking done by their "fans" and use it as fuel for the fire. I have my doubts though.
If they need the fans to fire them up...it's worse than ANY OF US THOUGHT.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

phadedhawg

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on September 20, 2017, 12:22:52 pm
When the coach mentions the other teams new ranking to try and deflect the loss, you know it's bad....

yar...it's never a sign of strength, that's for certain.  However, if Arkansas wins 9 games (highly, highly doubtful) and TCU goes to the playoffs (semi doubtful) that game won't seem like such a big deal in hindsight. 

However, those of us who watched will point to the clueless way our offense executed it's gameplan as the real story of the TCU game.

Redhogs

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 20, 2017, 12:20:01 pm
Yeah I can imagine a reporter asking him about his teams mindset for the upcoming game, and him replying by saying "no comment".

None of you would find anything to gripe about, because that's exactly what you say you want him to do, yes I sure can see that. I can believe that like I believe the world will end this Saturday.
"I would much rather lose that game against a non-SEC opponent," said Bielema, "Because we learned some things we needed to learn. The by product is now we get an A&M game that we're very hungry."  He would have been much better off with "no comment".

GuvHog

I really don't mind the Coachspeak......as long as Bielema and his Hogs back it up on the field. So far this year, they haven't done that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Redhogs on September 20, 2017, 12:29:06 pm
"I would much rather lose that game against a non-SEC opponent," said Bielema, "Because we learned some things we needed to learn. The by product is now we get an A&M game that we're very hungry."  He would have been much better off with "no comment".

So you'd rather lose a game against an SEC opponent?

phadedhawg

hawgon

"I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing me talk about this or that.  Suffice it to say that we need to get better and we need to win.  We've been working hard at trying to do both."

That's all he needs to say.

Redhogs

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 870hogfan on September 20, 2017, 12:26:42 pm

Who is Bert? Also very classy post...
because all the funniest jokes are classy af  ::)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HamSammich

I didn't read the article I'll admit. I'd smash my phone likely if I did.

But just to recap:... CBB said he was hungry?

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 20, 2017, 11:14:41 am
You are correct, whether we like the thought or not. I find myself longing for Casey Dick and a good O line.

Kind of what I figured

bphi11ips

Where do internet sites come up with hack staff like Paul Harvey? 

If you knew nothing else about the game, what would you think happened based on this -  "The defense struggled late as TCU scored 14 points in the 4th quarter"?  Wrong.  TCU scored after Arkansas was called for pass interference on third down, giving TCU a first down deep in Arkansas territory with less than four minutes remaining in a 14-7 game.  TCU went on to score, making it 21-7 with 2:18 left in the game.  Arkansas fumbled the ensuing kickoff and TCU recovered at the Arkansas 13 and scored to make the final score 28-7.  That is MUCH different than the picture Harvey painted. 

Then Harvey writes, "Bielema is certainly on the hot seat moving forward, but Arkansas still has the opportunity to provide a strong finish to this season."   Strong finish?  Can we play a conference game before we start talking about strong finishes?

Jeez.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

BroyledNutts

By the look of his profile, Brett's been hungry for the last 5 years...This coming from a fat guy.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Redhogs on September 20, 2017, 12:49:34 pm
Pathetic.....

Really though, you don't like what he said. How is it wrong? If you're going to lose a game you'd rather it be non-con right?

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Redhogs on September 20, 2017, 12:29:06 pm

I'm not debating his choice of words, I'm asking if he said "no comment", would this thread still be here with people criticizing him anyway for that? I think we both know that it would be here and people would be having a field day, making fun of him for saying it.

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Rayzback

Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside. Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right?
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Letsroll1200

Put up or shut up! Coach B has been doing a lot of talking since he became coach but hasn't produced on the field.

Redhogs

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 20, 2017, 01:19:35 pm
I'm not debating his choice of words, I'm asking if he said "no comment", would this thread still be here with people criticizing him anyway for that? I think we both know that it would be here and people would be having a field day, making fun of him for saying it.
I don't know that...."no comment" is not near as stupid as some of the things he said. Sometimes it's best to put down the shovel, focus on the task at hand, and let the results do your talking.

GoHogs1091

More cheap talk from someone that only has his cheap talk to hang his hat on.

He talks a good game, but he doesn't back it up on the field.  Him talking a good game (actually him being able to write a good brown nose letter) is what helped him get the job, and him talking a good game is what has enabled him to basically swindle $16 million from the State of Arkansas.

He needs to go down to the Junior High level and learn how to coach.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 20, 2017, 11:11:03 am
I hope that's not a recent picture of him on that link.

Cant see the construction in the background?