Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offer List of Signees

Started by colbs, February 02, 2017, 11:28:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

February 07, 2017, 06:59:31 am #50 Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:01:26 am by factchecker
Quote from: presidenthog on February 07, 2017, 06:29:30 am
Honestly you just don't like the way he said what he said.

Also, honestly, you don't know what the hell I don't like.

We hear the same people complaining about not offering Taylor Powell or BJ Thompson bitch about us offering and getting Porter and Barnes.  Powell's offer sheet was garbage (by your standards). He was committed to Wakey Leaks U.  Add the fact that we got an early enroll QB who is taller and more mobile.  BJ Thompson blew up late and ended up at that wholesome school in Waco.  :puke:

The same people who told us that we were lying about Byers.  That "Saban would never offer anyone who wasn't academically eligible".  The idiots who believed Byers when he said "I don't know why Arkansas hasn't offered me.  I don't understand."   

It's the same ol same ol.  The same people mad about us getting Jarques McClellion would be pissed if he had flipped to Florida.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

southeasthog

Quote from: factchecker on February 07, 2017, 06:59:31 am
Also, honestly, you don't know what the hell I don't like.

We hear the same people complaining about not offering Taylor Powell or BJ Thompson bitch about us offering and getting Porter and Barnes.  Powell's offer sheet was garbage. He was committed to Wakey Leaks U.  Add the fact that we got an early enroll QB who is taller and more mobile.  BJ Thompson blew up late and ended up at that wholesome school in Waco.  :puke:

The same people who told us that we were lying about Byers.  That "Saban would never offer anyone who wasn't academically eligible".  The idiots who believed Byers when he said "I don't know why Arkansas hasn't offered me.  I don't understand."   

It's the same ol same ol.  The same people mad about us getting Jarques McClellion would be pissed if he had flipped to Florida.
Boom!!!!!!

factchecker

Jarrod Barnes

He didn't have any offers besides Arkansas?

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

colbs

Quote from: presidenthog on February 07, 2017, 06:29:30 am
I thought we had some other players with lesser offers, and CSU being one of them.

Honestly you just don't like the way he said what he said. He isn't necessarily wrong. For as many as we have with elite offer lists, we have just as many with weak offer lists. We have some guys in between.

Guys like jarrod barnes look like they needed more offers, so did Jackson. It is a solid class, but he is right. We can't hang our hat on 5 guys with blue chip offer sheets and then also have guys who are G5 offer guys. We need those blue chip, and then get guys who have offers from other P5, and above average P5 at that offer lists.
If Barnes or Jackson would not committed to Arkansas so early they would have had a lot more offers elsewhere.  People complain about not offering Norwood because if the offers he received.  If Arkansas had offered and he committed to Arkansas I highly doubt those offers would have come.  Then people would complain about his lack of offers. 

Oklahawg

Barnes reminds me of Joe Adams. Maybe not quite the speed, but close. Good enough for me.

EDIT: thinking back, only Alex Collins and Jared Cornelius showed that type of wiggle and burst on the field. (Of CBB recruits)

If we are looking to add a skill in our recruiting I'd say this qualifies.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

The shifting target is an old tactic.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

presidenthog

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 07, 2017, 01:15:19 pm
Barnes reminds me of Joe Adams. Maybe not quite the speed, but close. Good enough for me.

EDIT: thinking back, only Alex Collins and Jared Cornelius showed that type of wiggle and burst on the field. (Of CBB recruits)

I feel like barnes is just as smooth of a runner. I think he also has better speed that Jcorn. More wiggle as well. I'm not sure we have a similar player on the team right now.

presidenthog

Quote from: factchecker on February 07, 2017, 07:24:31 am
Jarrod Barnes

He didn't have any offers besides Arkansas?

Lol you so thinned skinned I swear. I don't see how the post above was a boom post. I clearly listed barnes in my post. Get some reading comprehension skills.

Bubba's Bruisers

I think the offer sheets are improving inch by inch each year.  Still not championship caliber talent, but at least trending up a bit.  This year was very solid by our standards, but I wouldn't say measurably better than what we have typically done in the last decade or so. 

That said, the main thing is I see that the offer sheets are improving more across all positions instead of being concentrated at the same couple positions.  BP, IMO, started this trend and BB continues it.  The main difference is BB is apparently keeping more of it in the program, which should have measurable benefits down the road. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 07, 2017, 02:29:44 pm
I think the offer sheets are improving inch by inch each year.  Still not championship caliber talent, but at least trending up a bit.  This year was very solid by our standards, but I wouldn't say measurably better than what we have typically done in the last decade or so. 

That said, the main thing is I see that the offer sheets are improving more across all positions instead of being concentrated at the same couple positions.  BP, IMO, started this trend and BB continues it.  The main difference is BB is apparently keeping more of it in the program, which should have measurable benefits down the road. 

Sign me up for incremental creep! Eventually, you begin landing a couple of those big-time battles and it snowballs from there. Reasonable, I think.

What I see is adaptation - CBB saw that he needed more speed and recruited to that need.

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: presidenthog on February 06, 2017, 03:13:36 am
Like another poster said I haven't seen anything on Nance that screams big time SEC player. I find that funny that Barnes was the first guy he listed. I haven't watched his film but if it is amazing as Jackson's I'll be impressed. I came away feeling like Jackson has the size, he has more speed that given credit for, and alot of  wiggle for a big man. I feel like he will end up being an NFL guy.

Went and watched barnes highlight fil. Dude has some Joe Adams in him. He may even be a stronger runner. He is so fluid running. Has legit speed, and burst. Dude is next level athletic. He actually doesn't look like anyone on our roster. He looks like a guy we haven't had in a while athletically. I like him. Will be dangerous if we put him at the slot, and get him in space.

He has a little Dexter Mccluster to him. He has a legit burst. Hammonds is the only one we've had recently in his ball park. Stewart maybe. Anyways him and De'Vion Warren are very similar.

razorbackfanatic

Joe Adams wasn't really fast, I actually always thought this. I didn't think he would run a 4.6 combine roughly or a 4.55 pro day(something close to these), I thought it would be closer to 4.5 flat combine and like a 4.45 pro day. What made Joe special is that he could cut at full speed with no slowing down needed and he had a burst. Barnes reportedly runs a 4.37 which we all know u can't really put much faith into high school 40 times, but his time looks prettt legit on tape to me. I think he is faster than Adams already. Hammonds, Warren and Stewart are the only guys we have that are close to him in speed and agility and I don't think Stewart has the top end speed of him.

Arthur pigby sellers.

That is interesting that our three players without p5 offers will all probably see the field during their time at Arkansas. Jackson is legit and may even play next year. Barnes and Warren both played out of position but are next level atheletes.

bennyl08

Look up Deon Stewart's highlights.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on February 08, 2017, 04:10:21 am
Joe Adams wasn't really fast, I actually always thought this. I didn't think he would run a 4.6 combine roughly or a 4.55 pro day(something close to these), I thought it would be closer to 4.5 flat combine and like a 4.45 pro day. What made Joe special is that he could cut at full speed with no slowing down needed and he had a burst. Barnes reportedly runs a 4.37 which we all know u can't really put much faith into high school 40 times, but his time looks prettt legit on tape to me. I think he is faster than Adams already. Hammonds, Warren and Stewart are the only guys we have that are close to him in speed and agility and I don't think Stewart has the top end speed of him.

Joe Adams
combine: 4.55
Pro day: 4.46
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Inhogswetrust

February 08, 2017, 05:35:15 pm #65 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:37:03 am by Inhogswetrust

My Nephew is a teacher at Cabot. He knows the coaches well and the players. Say's he is the real deal. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 08, 2017, 04:48:34 pm
Joe Adams
combine: 4.55
Pro day: 4.46

Thanks couldn't remember exactly, but those numbers were about a tenth of a second slower than most expected. I never thought he was a pure burner was my point, but a guy who had great acceleration and the hips to cut at full speed which is special. I think Barnes is every bit that fast in the 40 or a half a tenth to a tenth faster.  It will be easier to judge once we see him on the hill. I'm very excited about him.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on February 06, 2017, 11:37:37 am
Honestly, not impressive but for about 5 or 6 of them.

We're competing against schools that sign 27-29 of these blue-chippers year in and year out. You guys are happy with 5-8 good players a year yet get mad when these third tier players can't beat top end talent regularly.

Seems like Colorado St. is the only school we can beat out on the recruiting trail.

Of course having Parade All-Americans in your backyard that you don't even attempt to recruit is a winning strategy.
Yep. We should be more like Ole Missy... smh

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: colbs on February 07, 2017, 08:40:57 am
If Barnes or Jackson would not committed to Arkansas so early they would have had a lot more offers elsewhere.  People complain about not offering Norwood because if the offers he received.  If Arkansas had offered and he committed to Arkansas I highly doubt those offers would have come.  Then people would complain about his lack of offers.
Yup. If they had opened their recruiting, they likely could have gone just about anywhere. It's funny that two of our top recruits in this class have two of the worst offer lists.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon