Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lemming ranking

Started by hawginbigd1, February 01, 2017, 08:32:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

February 01, 2017, 08:32:39 pm Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:09:17 pm by Richard Davenport
RD put on wholehogsports, I agree number of "ath" commits we have undervalues this class, I.e. 3* RB Kamren Curl. Where would he rank as a CB? #7 in SEC, #20 in the country.

Tom is going into his 38th year as a national recruiting analyst.

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Southern Cal
5. Georgia
6. Florida State
7. LSU
8. Oklahoma
9. Texas A&M
10. Notre Dame
11. Maryland
12. Auburn
13. Penn State
14. Tennessee
15.. Clemson
16. Florida
17. Miami
18.UCLA
19. Nebraska
20. Stanford
21. Arkansas
22. South Carolina
23. Michigan State
24. Colorado
25. Washington

rljjr

IronMountainHog

Maryland at #11? They must have replaced Ole Miss as the new cheaters lol.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 01, 2017, 09:11:22 pm
Maryland at #11? They must have replaced Ole Miss as the new cheaters lol.

Yes!! So confused by this, sorry Maryland but you don't jump that high without cheating. Very obvious. Little recent success and little historical success in football. Does not make sense.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Bubba's Bruisers

I'd love to get a top 15.  Just once. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawginbigd1

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 01, 2017, 09:13:57 pm
Yes!! So confused by this, sorry Maryland but you don't jump that high without cheating. Very obvious. Little recent success and little historical success in football. Does not make sense.
Maryland is right in the middle of one of the second tier recruiting hotbeds, they were in the top 15 or so last year and lost 2 or 3 4*s on NSD, so I am not completely shocked, and they are the university of Under-Armour.

hawginbigd1

RD posted a correction Lemming put us at 21, RD apparently left off Tenner at #14.

Lemming just likes to follow the crowd.

Yes that was a bad joke.

HardingHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 01, 2017, 09:21:50 pm
Maryland is right in the middle of one of the second tier recruiting hotbeds, they were in the top 15 or so last year and lost 2 or 3 4*s on NSD, so I am not completely shocked, and they are the university of Under-Armour.

Yep, decent recruiting area without much allegiance to any school in particular. Plus DJ Durkin is a very solid recruiter

Back to the Hogs: I always enjoy seeing what Lemming has to say about our recruiting classes. Obviously, with all his experience, I will always take what he says with much respect (and like it even more when he has the Hogs higher in the rankings  :) )

tampahog

Of the teams ranked above us, all have a geographical advantage over us with the exception of nebraska

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 01, 2017, 09:21:50 pm

Agreed on the area and under armor, trying their best to do the Oregon thing. Must have lost a lot of recruits last year though 247 has them finishing #42. Just doesn't pass the smell test to me.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Karma on February 01, 2017, 09:23:33 pm

Yes that was a bad joke.

hahaha..
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

greasy_corner

Quote from: Karma on February 01, 2017, 09:23:33 pm

Yes that was a bad joke.

Nice!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2017, 09:14:10 pm
I'd love to get a top 15.  Just once. 

I think that if you compared how every team did in terms of improvement of a combination of the number of recruits signed/committed (blue shirts included) their average player ranking and how that sums up compared to last year, we might be close to a top 15 in terms of overall improvement. Of course that doesn't reflect which team best addressed the needs that they had at various positions and how quickly those players project to be able to contribute, which may be a better indicator of who improved the most from the 2016 class to the 2017 class. Even with that, there is still a wide margin of error.
Go Hogs Go!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jbcarol on February 02, 2017, 08:23:55 am
https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/827080261695180800

Landing Calloway could help the Hogs in the future.

"That also opens up a bit of pipeline to Dallas," Lemming said. "I think that's what Arkansas really needs. It's not that far away. They've been successful there, but not as much as they need to be."

Amen to that.
Go Hogs Go!

hawginbigd1

Lemming said the RBs are 4* players, Hyatt was a sleeper, and that Wagner is a future AA. Others got glowing reviews, but I thought those were particularly worthy of noting.